Windows 10: new mouse behavior?

Discus and support new mouse behavior? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; New default behavior in Windows 10 bs win8 was that I used to be able to scroll an inactive window by hovering my mouse over it. And this was great.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ksdixon, Apr 24, 2016.

1. ksdixon Win User

new mouse behavior?

New default behavior in Windows 10 bs win8 was that I used to be able to scroll an inactive window by hovering my mouse over it. And this was great.

After thinking something was wrong for a while I've finally realised why my window management is so iffy. I've noticed that the inative window I'm hovering over will now automatically turn into the active window after a few seconds of hovering on it, displacing everything else which overlaps it.

E.G. File Explorer window positioned partly over firefox. before I could scroll down the inactive FF window with my mouse wheel, but now the FF window automatically becomes the active window, hiding the File Explorer window.

Is there a fix for this?

:)

ksdixon, Apr 24, 2016

2. Sculpt Mouse Connection Issue

We have a user whom has the sculpt keyboard and mouse combo. Recently her mouses right click was acting up so we ordered her a new mouse. Now when we go to connect the new mouse the old keyboard will not connect with out using both USB receivers. We have
    downloaded the latest version of the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center and there is no add on to add the keyboard to the new mouse USB Receiver.

Can someone give me a way to connect the new mouse to the existing keyboard.

Tracy_staff, Apr 24, 2016
  3. I am unable to connect my optical mouse to my laptop.

Hi, I'm using HP Pavilion and recently I bought a new mouse and it wouldn't work but the old mouse still works.

Old Mouse: Ordinary Kiyoso branded optical mouse

New Mouse: Bolt Gizmo branded gaming optical mouse

Shum Zhong Yen, Apr 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

new mouse behavior?

dalchina, Apr 24, 2016
  5. ksdixon Win User
    I looked here yesterday when having this issue and it wasn't ticked. Checked it again today and it is ticked. Thanks. Unpicking it again solved this issue.

ksdixon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

new mouse behavior?

1. new mouse behavior? - Similar Threads - mouse behavior

2. Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online: So. Randomly a day and a half ago. My mouse has gone into a strange state, Its a strange dotted cross shape with a bigger dot in the center. When i'm not moving my mouse it is locked to one specific area near the bottom left of my screen, but i can also move my mouse...
  3. Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online: So. Randomly a day and a half ago. My mouse has gone into a strange state, Its a strange dotted cross shape with a bigger dot in the center. When i'm not moving my mouse it is locked to one specific area near the bottom left of my screen, but i can also move my mouse...
  4. Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 Mouse/keyboard abnormal behavior and hang issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mouse/keyboard abnormal behavior and hang issue: I have been using windows 10 on my desktop-PC since 2017 and got no issue, In last month my computer got very slow and sluggishafter that i reinstalled windows and formatted the whole hardisk and created new partition and installed windows in thatafter completing the process,...
  6. Windows 10 Mouse/keyboard abnormal behavior and hang issue

Windows 10 Mouse/keyboard abnormal behavior and hang issue: I have been using windows 10 on my desktop-PC since 2017 and got no issue, In last month my computer got very slow and sluggishafter that i reinstalled windows and formatted the whole hardisk and created new partition and installed windows in thatafter completing the process,...
  7. Windows 10 Mouse/keyboard abnormal behavior and hang issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Erratic Mouse behavior with RDP to Hardware desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erratic Mouse behavior with RDP to Hardware desktop: User complains the mouse pointer ventures off the screen like it's sliding off the screen when she remotes into the HP Desktop Hardware from offsite.No Warnings in Device Manager.Troubleshooting on Mouse msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnosticThe troubleshooter stopped and hard stop...
  9. Erratic Mouse behavior with RDP to Hardware desktop

Erratic Mouse behavior with RDP to Hardware desktop: User complains the mouse pointer ventures off the screen like it's sliding off the screen when she remotes into the HP Desktop Hardware from offsite.No Warnings in Device Manager.Troubleshooting on Mouse msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnosticThe troubleshooter stopped and hard stop...
  10. Erratic Mouse behavior with RDP to Hardware desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware