Windows 10: New Mouse Not in Device Manager: Auto Scroll Not Working?

Discus and support New Mouse Not in Device Manager: Auto Scroll Not Working? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a Logitech m215 mouse a few weeks ago. It works well, but the new mouse doesn't show up in the device manager on my computer. It says I have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Masterofcards, Mar 18, 2016.

1. New Mouse Not in Device Manager: Auto Scroll Not Working?

I got a Logitech m215 mouse a few weeks ago. It works well, but the new mouse doesn't show up in the device manager on my computer. It says I have the same mouse I had from 2006. I tried uninstalling it, putting the unifying receiver back in, and it stil says I have my old mouse. I would post a screenshot, but it is really small on here. Also, the middle mouse button doesn't auto scroll like it should. I hold it down, and all it does is flash the 4-arrows pointer without actually letting my scroll that way, which is my preferred method of scrolling.

:)

Masterofcards, Mar 18, 2016

2. auto scroolong

Auto scrolling began a few days ago with 3 different mice & touchpad; 1st in Microsoft edge & not Firefox, now today Microsoft edge is fine and now auto scrolling in Firefox. Running Win 10, changed NO settings, no place in mouse (Control Panel) to make
    any changes about auto scrolling, nor in Device Manager or anywhere else I can find. 22 years of using Microsoft & Mac have never seen this problem; what happened & where is config settings for auto scrolling (not in mouse settings).

randygobell, Mar 18, 2016
  3. mouse scrolling

Running Win 10 and recently auto scrolling on mouse & touchpad started (don't know what I did for that), can't get it to stop. In Control Panel - Mouse (or Device Manager), no device settings or options for scrolling listed anywhere. How do I get it to stop?

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

randygobell, Mar 18, 2016
  4. New Mouse Not in Device Manager: Auto Scroll Not Working?

TairikuOkami, Mar 18, 2016
  5. No. Is that what I need to get it to show on my device manager?

Masterofcards, Mar 18, 2016
  6. It will let you customize some settings, like scrolling.

Not sure, what you mean about device manager, all my Logitech mice show as Logitech HID and HID-compliant mouse.

TairikuOkami, Mar 18, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Really Not my Logitech ....take a look *Smile

New Mouse Not in Device Manager: Auto Scroll Not Working? [​IMG]

OldMike65, Mar 18, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

New Mouse Not in Device Manager: Auto Scroll Not Working?

Yup should have Setpoint installed too. *Smile

OldMike65, Mar 18, 2016
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    Also in Control Panel, Devices and Printers Logitech displays like this...

New Mouse Not in Device Manager: Auto Scroll Not Working? [​IMG]

OldMike65, Mar 18, 2016
  10. Mine doesn't say "Logitec HID mouse." Mine only says "HID Compliant mouse."

Masterofcards, Mar 19, 2016
  11. I checked the control panel. It lists the receiver but not the mouse. Will getting Setpoint fix that? Also, any idea about the middle mouse button thing.

12. OldMike65 Win User
    Look at BOTH my posts. #5 and #7 You should have both screens looking like mine.
    You might have to remove your Unifying software and re-install that along WITH Logitech Setpoint.
    I am assuming you RAN the Unifying software at least once already?? I have both installed.... mine work fine. Also, you can log on to Logitech web site and check for new versions for your mouse too.

Also read this support article by Logitech on problems to look for. After reading that article, it seems you don't need any of the software I use. Your mouse according to them does not need any software. So go to this link and read the article.
    My M215 mouse is not working

OldMike65, Mar 19, 2016
  13. New Mouse Not in Device Manager: Auto Scroll Not Working?

I have not run the unifying software or setpoint. I probably don't need a new mouse. I'll download them and see what happens.

14. OldMike65 Win User
    You don't NEED that software according to Logitech , just read that article posted by Logitech on how to fix your mouse problem, on the link I posted for you.

OldMike65, Mar 19, 2016
  15. My mouse is working. It just doesn't show up. I'll see what their forums say.

Thema:

New Mouse Not in Device Manager: Auto Scroll Not Working?

1. New Mouse Not in Device Manager: Auto Scroll Not Working? - Similar Threads - Mouse Device Manager

2. Windows Mouse auto scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Mouse auto scrolling: Hi there communityI have recently upgraded my computer with a few new parts m.2, gpu, ram, peripherals specifically in November of last year. Has been working well since yesterday 31/03/2022. The mouse first began scrolling in one note and wouldnt stop scrolling laterally,...
  3. Windows Mouse auto scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mouse auto scrolling: Hi there communityI have recently upgraded my computer with a few new parts m.2, gpu, ram, peripherals specifically in November of last year. Has been working well since yesterday 31/03/2022. The mouse first began scrolling in one note and wouldnt stop scrolling laterally,...
  4. Windows Mouse auto scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse auto scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse auto scrolling: I have looked through a lot of places trying to find the answer to this question and no one has been able to get the right thing to work. The problem is that when I am in Windows or Microsoft related apps or even on the home bar I will be auto scrolling, I do not have any app...
  6. Auto Scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto Scrolling: Today I launched my computer and tried to adjust volume using the Sound Mixer. However, when I hover over the bar, it automatically scrolls down. It also does with any other Windows settings that can be adjusted by scrolling. The volume adjusted on Youtube also gets affected....
  7. Mouse scroll not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse scroll not working?: Is anyone else's mouse scrollwheel not working after the latest 1909 feature update for windows 10? -November 12, 2019. submitted by /u/pandabush1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvm8lu/mouse_scroll_not_working/
  8. Auto Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Scrolling: I have been trying unsuccessfully to stop my pc from auto scrolling. I have tried numerous solutions , but nothing works. This happens on all web browsers. Running win 10 home edition....
  9. Mouse scroll not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse scroll not working: Hello...I don't know quite how to explain this but here goes. My scroll button on the mouse wont work on web pages or anywhere on the computer for that matter. It brings up a bar on the left side that shows a color and numbers from zero to one hundred. That will scroll up...
  10. Auto mouse scrolling windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Auto mouse scrolling windows 10: How to stop the auto mouse scrolling in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-mouse-scrolling-windows-10/ada7fd34-9d2c-4934-aad9-ca2e3555a703