Windows 10: New MP3 file fault

Discus and support New MP3 file fault in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello guys, fancy a go at this one? I have had to reinstall Win10 to cure a problem with importing pics and videos from an SD card, so it is all a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JustinH, Mar 22, 2016.

1. JustinH Win User

New MP3 file fault

Hello guys, fancy a go at this one?

I have had to reinstall Win10 to cure a problem with importing pics and videos from an SD card, so it is all a squeaky clean installation. Now it won't play MP3 files, where it did before.

Not only will it not play MP3 files either with VLC media player, 'Groove Music' or Windows Media Player, but it will not allow those files to be read and uploaded to the net. I can, however, play the MP3 file in an app called 'Audacity' where they were recorded.

Anyone had this problem? Nothing wrong with the machine, and it can only be a Win10 problem. All other sound works fine, just won't play MP3's

Justin

:)

JustinH, Mar 22, 2016

2. Nokia music player frequent interruptions

Hi Redowl2.

It might help if I updated my post above: There was no fault found on my phone but the problem persisted even with another SD card which specifically said it worked with Windows phones.

I tried a different file format (320kb/s mp3 instead of 256kb/s AAC) and the fault went away. So as a workaround I re-ripped my whole CD library as mp3s. I haven't had the fault occur since.

Martin 520, Mar 22, 2016
  3. pwkangli Win User
    Chinese MP3 title not regonised on my mirco SD

Thanks so much 'Nouxxer' for your reply and really much appricated your quick response concerned. Yes my N95 is with chinese lang and it also take me quite a while to understand Nokia phone and their software as it is new to me. All my previous phone mainly
    Moto. Now I got it.

Actually it is my fault by removing the MMC from phone and slot into my pc with open up suites file manager,then just drag all mp3 files to folder digital and not having transfer proper step using PC suites to convert from mp3 to nokia AAC files, and on the
    english mp3 titles no problem, and still puzzle !!!! others phones have not got such problem. do you think it is abit slow.

Tari-mah kasih

pwkangli, Mar 22, 2016
  4. Barman58 Win User

New MP3 file fault

Can you play MP3 Files from sources other than Audacity

If you can, did you remember to download and install the Lame Encoder for Audacity which is required to encode a usable MP3, it could also be some other encoder setting that's causing the ability to play.

Barman58, Mar 22, 2016
  5. It always amazes me when someone closes their minds to all other solutions and blames Windows 10, because it's obviously unstable for everyone!

The problem sounds like a codec issue. It's rare to find something VLC can't handle, but your clue is that Audacity is the app that created it and is the only thing to play it.

DeaconFrost, Mar 22, 2016
  6. JustinH Win User
    Hello, (love your icon picture), yes, I have the LAME encoder or I could not save it as an MP3 from the raw recording...... However, now, following the downloading and installing of the updated Win10 it will not play or read MP3. I cannot upload them to the net and if I want to listen to one I have to use Audacity.

JustinH, Mar 22, 2016
  7. JustinH Win User
    OK, but how is it that Win10 would play the MP3 file once, now none of those mentioned things will play the files they used to play, weird

JustinH, Mar 22, 2016
  8. New MP3 file fault

The fact that it played MP3 files prior to the clean install points more to the install process leaving something out rather than something wrong in Win 10. Does the VLC media player give an error message? It usually does if it can't play something. Perhaps more people could help if you attached one of the unplayable files. Looks like you will have to zip it first, though. (Odd that this forum accepts .wav files but not .mp3.)

Another thought: these unplayable files were created with Audacity prior to your reinstall. Right? If not, do have any .mp3 files created prior to your reinstall?

pokeefe0001, Mar 22, 2016
  9. JustinH Win User
    Hello. Thanks. Strangely we have another factor just appeared. The machine is not playing YouTube videos or online vids, only the pics. There is something wrong with the sound generally from either stored files or from online.

I have used Skype, the audio on that is fine, and when playing a file in Audacity that is fine. This applies to MP3 files created before this morning's reload of Win10 I have a collection of those made over the months and it seems to be playing them but we have no sound from the speakers.

JustinH, Mar 23, 2016
  10. What audio interface is Audacity using? Mine shows MME / WASAPI / Windows DirectSound. I have it set to MME for no good reason - probably because it defaulted to that and I never changed it. And what output device. Mine shows Speakers / Microsoft Sound Mapper, and I've chosen "Speakers". Choosing Microsoft Sound Mapper will use the default device set in the Sounds section of the Windows Control Panel. That means that Audacity might work even if you've set an inappropriate in the Control Panel. But whatever Audacity is using, you know that works.

I just read that that MME and Microsoft Sound Mapper are tied together; Microsoft Sound Mapper won't show if you have something other than MME selected.

Now look at VLC. "Output Module" option. I don't know how to map any of the things listed to terms I'm familiar with (except "Disable" - that one I understand), but "automatic works for me ... and I assume that is the default. And I'm betting it uses the "Default" sound device as defined in the control panel.

I have no idea what audio interface browsers use, but I'm betting on the default sound device for them, too. (But I would have expected Skype to, too, but it looks like you specify the actual device. I don't use Skype so am not going to confirm this.)

Everything I've seen as I've written this response leads me to suspect something wrong with your setting of a default audio device.

pokeefe0001, Mar 23, 2016
  11. JustinH Win User
    You are a genius.... Why didn't I think of that?!!! The new Win10 installation changed the setting. By going into the system section and 'sound' and changing the default setting for the sound system it cured it. I wish that the settings were all kept.....

Thanks guys, very much appreciated.

Justin

JustinH, Mar 23, 2016
  12. JustinH Win User
    OK, so the sound side is sorted, but I still cannot get the machine to read and upload an MP3 file. These files were created before the latest install and used to read/upload no problem. I can play them on my machine, but for some reason they cannot be accessed and uploaded by Firefox to my podcast page. Anyone....?

JustinH, Mar 23, 2016
  13. New MP3 file fault

We're going to need a lot more detail than that to help. What service/site are you trying to upload them to? When you say you can't...what happens? Error message?

DeaconFrost, Mar 23, 2016
  14. JustinH Win User
    Hello. It is to Podbean, my podcast host. I am using Firefox. This must be a Firefox issue

JustinH, Mar 23, 2016
  15. Is it possible to try with IE or Edge and see if you can narrow it down to Firefox?

DeaconFrost, Mar 23, 2016
Thema:

New MP3 file fault

1. New MP3 file fault - Similar Threads - MP3 file fault

2. MP3 File failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MP3 File failure: Hope someone can help. I'm trying to open MP3 file attached to federal bankruptcy minute order sent through PACER. File plays for maybe 5 seconds then error message Qx80070323 interrupts saying 'file was removed or another program is trying to open it.' I can't seem to even...
  3. MP3 File failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MP3 File failure: Hope someone can help. I'm trying to open MP3 file attached to federal bankruptcy minute order sent through PACER. File plays for maybe 5 seconds then error message Qx80070323 interrupts saying 'file was removed or another program is trying to open it.' I can't seem to even...
  4. MP3 File failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Change flac file to mp3 file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change flac file to mp3 file: So I Just downloaded a song from discord and it's a flac file, i want it to be a mp3 file, how can I change it? submitted by /u/JDOGGoNE1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lkfc3h/change_flac_file_to_mp3_file/
  6. Convert MP3 file To Text?

Convert MP3 file To Text?: Is there a free non spy app to do this? A Cursory GOOGLE search seemed to indicate that there may be some online remedies but I would rather not upload. I took a phone recording .arm file and used VLC to convert it to an MP3 file. Now I want to convert the MP3 file to text. I...
  7. Clicking on MP3 file opens associated program with a different mp3

Clicking on MP3 file opens associated program with a different mp3: Hi all I'm running Windows 10.0.18362 Build 18362 on an ASUS Zenbook Model UX430UAR 16 gb I've associated Transcribe by Seventh String software with mp3 files however clicking on any mp3 file in explorer always opens the program with the first mp3 I originally opened many...
  8. mp3 file Crashing File explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mp3 file Crashing File explorer: Hello Couple weeks ago my mp3 files were fine I was hearing songs just fine. But then I let to repair my laptops keys and came back with the audio not working. Some how i fixed it and its fine. Later on I open groove music and suddenly it crashed im thinking that it maybe...
  9. Manipulating MP3 files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Manipulating MP3 files: It seems like ever since my laptop got converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I am no longer able to manipulate my music files, e.g. dragging a track onto my desktop in order to email them, etc. Any ideas?...
  10. Faulting DLL files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulting DLL files: Hi, There is a file called uiautomationcore.dll. It is crashing the Microsoft flight Simulator every time. Any help with this. Did the sfc \scannow, but no result. Thanks in advance....