Windows 10: New network profile every USB hotspot connection

Discus and support New network profile every USB hotspot connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; No I don't know of, nor can I find, any way to manage the number assignment for networks. Indeed the registry trick you mention will do it in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018.

1. EdTittel Win User

New network profile every USB hotspot connection

No I don't know of, nor can I find, any way to manage the number assignment for networks. Indeed the registry trick you mention will do it in a back-handed way by eliminating other numbers and letting the process start over. That's not quite the same thing, is it?
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
  2. JoeMcLutz Win User

Hi!
    I use to connect my PC to my smartphone via USB cable thus I'm able to use USB tethering hotspot.
    But everytime I connect my PC to my smartphone, a new network connection profile (Network 1, Network 2 and so on...) will be created in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles

Is it safe to delete those profiles? Is there any way to use the same Network number?

Thanks!

:)

JoeMcLutz, Apr 24, 2018
  3. Ralf_G Win User
    windows tablet

Hotspot normally refers to a WiFi connection. I think the setting you want is "USB Tethering", to share the phone's internet connection with the tablet.

You could use the phone as a WiFi hotspot with the tablet. WiFi can only connect to one network at a time so you have to disconnect the tablet from your normal WiFi connection and then reconnect it on the phone's WiFi Hotspot.

If you do set up a USB tethering connection make sure you have the tablet connected to the internet in case it needs to download drivers.

Connect the phone and tablet via a USB cable then go into the Phone's settings and turn on the USB Tethering setting. Windows will detect the new network connection and pop up a network settings notification about what sharing settings you want to use (internet
    is public so it is recommended to set it to no file/printer sharing or network discovery). After that a new "Ethernet" network connection should appear in the Network and Sharing center and be ready to use. It is best to disconnect the WiFi network
    connection on the tablet when the tethered connection is being used for internet access.

Ralf_G, Apr 24, 2018
  4. QIANGary Win User

Windows 10 Anniversry Update Mobile Hotsport turn off every 5 minutes if no devices connected

Hello

Since upgrade to Anniversary, with new feature "Mobile Hotspot", every 5 minutes if there is no any devices connected with this hotspot, the mobile hotspot will be turned off automatically which is quite annoying as i have to switch on again if other device
    would like connect it later, is there anyway to ensure that hotspot always up and running?

FYI, I already turned off "Power Saver" feature for all network adapters including hotspot used virtual adapter

Thank you very much if you have any idea to solve my issue

QIANGary, Apr 24, 2018
  5. EdTittel Win User
    EdTittel, Apr 24, 2018
  6. JoeMcLutz Win User
    You're too kind Ed! Thank you so much! *Smile
    Greetings!

JoeMcLutz, Apr 24, 2018
  7. EdTittel Win User
    Thanks, sir. Glad to help out when I can. Hope it fixes your issues.
    Best wishes to you, too!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 24, 2018
  8. Try3 Win User

Ed,

Do you know, "Is there any way to use the same Network number?" This topic is not covered in the tutorial link [other than, possibly, to forcibly delete the profile's Registry entry after every use].

Denis

Thema:

1. New network profile every USB hotspot connection - Similar Threads - network profile every

2. Roaming Profile removal causes new profile every login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roaming Profile removal causes new profile every login: I have a weird issue I can't seem to find anywhere else on the web. I inherited an active directory environment that uses roaming profiles. I would like to get rid of them, but when I remove the unc from the profile location, that user happens to alll of the limited number of...
  3. Roaming Profile removal causes new profile every login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roaming Profile removal causes new profile every login: I have a weird issue I can't seem to find anywhere else on the web. I inherited an active directory environment that uses roaming profiles. I would like to get rid of them, but when I remove the unc from the profile location, that user happens to alll of the limited number of...
  4. How to force network profile to Private for every network connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force network profile to Private for every network connection?: Hi,I am doing a system deployment where it consists of a few windows machines that form a local network and exchange data between each machine. It is a requirement from the software vendor that these windows machines must be running in Private network profile in order to get...
  5. How to force network profile to Private for every network connection?

How to force network profile to Private for every network connection?: Hi,I am doing a system deployment where it consists of a few windows machines that form a local network and exchange data between each machine. It is a requirement from the software vendor that these windows machines must be running in Private network profile in order to get...
  6. How to force network profile to Private for every network connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. USB tethering creates a new network connection every time it's connected to the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB tethering creates a new network connection every time it's connected to the system: every time I connect the laptop for internet via USB tethering to my mobile phone, it creates a new network connection, which seems to be very annoying since am using the same mobile phone, the same cable, still it occurs the same way, tried for so many methods present on the...
  8. USB tethering creates a new network connection every time it's connected to the system

USB tethering creates a new network connection every time it's connected to the system: every time I connect the laptop for internet via USB tethering to my mobile phone, it creates a new network connection, which seems to be very annoying since am using the same mobile phone, the same cable, still it occurs the same way, tried for so many methods present on the...
  9. Android hotspot, cannot connect to this network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Android hotspot, cannot connect to this network: 1st post from complete novice. I updated my Lenovo Yoga 730 to latest win10 1909 I think and now can't connect to my Android phone hotspot. I tried to connect to my wife's Android hotspot as well without luck. All the solutions for "Cannot connect to this network" you on the...
  10. Android hotspot, cannot connect to this network

in Windows 10 Support
    Android hotspot, cannot connect to this network: 1st post from complete novice. I updated my Lenovo Yoga 730 to latest win10 1909 I think and now can't connect to my Android phone hotspot. I tried to connect to my wife's Android hotspot as well without luck. All the solutions for "Cannot connect to this network" you on the...