Windows 10: New o/s

Discus and support New o/s in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Has anyone tried the new o/s Download - OTTA systems 99831 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Samuria, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Samuria Win User

New o/s

Samuria, Dec 7, 2017
  2. CDoster Win User

Newly installed Windows 10 is S O S L O W !!!!

Windows 10 installed successfully on July 30, 2015. Now it takes 3-5 minutes to boot up from the sleep mode and about 5 minutes to boot cold. I'm not very computer savvy anymore since retirement and don't understand the techy answers. I don't know how
    to look into my pc to have it run diagnostics like it used to! I ran some troubleshooting things but the problem persists. I'm wondering if it is named Windows 10 because getting up and running takes 10 minutes or 10 x longer!!!! Just kidding! Any ideas?
    Before the upgrade my system ran quickly and when I opened the sleeping computer (lid) and tapped the space bar, it came awake immediately and I could be working in less than 30 seconds. I use Comcast Business and it is usually extremely fast! I haven't
    checked with Comcast yet as I assume they were/are ready for customers to be upgrading to Windows 10.

CDoster, Dec 7, 2017
  3. Newly installed Windows 10 is S O S L O W !!!!

Hi Doster,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Run Maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computers, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 7, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

New o/s

I just installed it on an ASUS X555L Notebook. It is a small download but does need 3 Fonts installed first, I already had the Segoe Font. It installed into C:\Programs Files (x86) and runs by opening the Octoroit Virtual OS.exe file. I right-clicked that file and chose Send to, Desktop (Create Shortcut). I can still get to programs on the Windows Taskbar but it also has its own Taskbar, moving the mouse brings up either one. Haven't found the Minimize yet but looking.

Berton, Dec 7, 2017
Thema:

New o/s