Windows 10: Uninstall or Change a Program Context Menu - Add in Windows 10

Discus and support Uninstall or Change a Program Context Menu - Add in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Uninstall or Change a Program Context Menu - Add in Windows 10 How to Add "Uninstall or Change a Program" Context Menu in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Uninstall or Change a Program Context Menu - Add in Windows 10

How to: Uninstall or Change a Program Context Menu - Add in Windows 10

How to Add "Uninstall or Change a Program" Context Menu in Windows 10

Uninstall or Change a Program Context Menu - Add in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information If you no longer want or use an app, then you could uninstall the app to remove it and free up space on the drive.

When you uninstall a desktop app (program), it will uninstall it for all users on the PC.

When you uninstall a Windows app (ex: from Store), it will uninstall it for only your user account since each Microsoft account owns their own apps.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove a Uninstall or Change a Program desktop context menu for all users with an option to open to the Control Panel or Settings location in Windows 10.

While you must be signed in as and administrator to add or remove the context menu, all users will be able to use the context menu.

EXAMPLE: "Uninstall or Change a Program" context menu for Control Panel and Settings location

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Uninstall or Change a Program" to Desktop Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Uninstall_or_Change_Program_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Uninstall or Change a Program" from Desktop Context Menu
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Uninstall_or_Change_Program_context_menu.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 16, 2017

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Uninstall or Change a Program Context Menu - Add in Windows 10 :(

ArmoredCavalry, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Cuzza Win User
    Change target of "Edit" command in context menus

Hey all... I'm trying to change the Edit command on the context menu in Vista. I know you can get programs that edit this stuff, but I only want to change it for jpegs so I can load photoimpact easily (don't say "get photoshop", I'm just used to photoimpact). So ideally I would just find the registry entry and change it, but can't find it *Frown Uninstall or Change a Program Context Menu - Add in Windows 10 :(

Anyone know how?

Cuzza, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Cuzza Win User

@ Oily, thanks but that's not what I'm trying to do here. I wanted the "Edit" context menu command to open a different program to what the file is usually associated with; the Default Programs dialog doesn't allow that.

Cuzza, Oct 26, 2019
  5. oily_17 Win User

Ok I see what you mean...you want "Open" and "Edit" to be associated with two separate programs.

I know that in my context menu that if I choose "Open With" I can then choose from say CS4/Paint/IrfanView/Windows Photo Gallery etc and choose the appropriate program for my task.

But anyway.. the regedit is also a good way to know for future reference.

oily_17, Oct 26, 2019
  6. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Uninstall or Change a Program Context Menu - Add in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Uninstall Change Program

2. History - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    History - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: History - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add History to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use File History to automatically back up versions of your files on a schedule to a location you select to save to. You can select to save...
  3. Library Change icon - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Library Change icon - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Library Change icon - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Change Icon to Context Menu of New Libraries in Windows 10 [img] Information default save location and public save location for the library. You can add a Change icon context menu to new...
  4. Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 Restart will close all apps, sign out all users, and full shutdown and restart (reboot) the PC. Starting with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Old behavior: - When...
  5. Add HomeGroup to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add HomeGroup to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add HomeGroup to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream...
  6. Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Cleanup to Context Menu of Drives in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Disk Cleanup to reduce the number of unnecessary files on your drives, which can help your PC run faster. It can delete...
  7. Add Settings to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Settings to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Settings to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Settings context menu in Windows 10 Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Phone, Network & Internet,...
  8. Add Bluetooth context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Bluetooth context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Bluetooth context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove a Bluetooth context menu in Windows 10 There are many different types of Bluetooth enabled devices you can add to your PC, such as mobile phones, wireless headsets, and wireless mouse devices and...
  9. Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Email to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Email from the Share tab in the ribbon of File Explorer by default when you have files and/or folders selected. It allows you to send the...
  10. Add Attributes context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Attributes context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Attributes context menu in Windows 10 How to Add a File Attributes context menu in Windows 10 File attributes are metadata associated with computer files that define file system behavior. Each attribute can have one of two states: set and cleared. Attributes...