Windows 10: New partition appeared after the update.

Discus and support New partition appeared after the update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey Guys, I have updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 before 2 days and I've noticed that a new 480mb partition appeard as a recovery partition.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Spunky, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Spunky Win User

New partition appeared after the update.

Hey Guys,

I have updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 before 2 days and I've noticed that a new 480mb partition appeard as a recovery partition. The space was taken from the system drive C:. Currently the partition is empty.

Any idea what is that for and do you have it as well?

New partition appeared after the update. [​IMG]

:)

Spunky, Aug 1, 2015

2. Microsoft store not update apps or games when move it to othe hard disk

Hello,

I didnt have any other games .. dead rising only

i didnt remember the error code was appear

i transferring the game to other hard disk other partition

i have ssd for windows one partition transferring C and i have 3Tb other hard desk for installing game files

when i buy the game i chose installation to other hard disk on partition K and the windows store appear error when start download

after some searching i confirmed installation on C and accept that after finished i moved it to K: and the game working good but when release any new update i can not download it when the game on K partion must be move it to C and update it and move it again
    after update finish to K: partition and same thing when release any new update for the game

LinuxMaster, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Can't Install Windows 10 After Format

I would suggest for a clean install and format, you insert you disk and wait for the install window to appear

Push shift fn10 fro the command prompt to appear

type Diskpart

select disk =0

type clean

type convert gpt

exit the command prompt

click install and choose advanced

delete all partition's until one unallocated space exists click new partition this will create a new drive plus your EFI MSR and recovery partition's . Clean install on your drive and update after installation is complete.

OctavianQR, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

New partition appeared after the update.

1. New partition appeared after the update. - Similar Threads - partition appeared update

2. A new partition appeared with the EFI folder after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A new partition appeared with the EFI folder after reinstalling Windows.: Hello everyone. I recently reinstalled Windows, and a new partition "Local Disk H" appeared in the disk directory. Partition volume 95 megabytes, 65 of which are free. After opening the disk, one EFI folder appears inside which there are two folders: Microsoft and Boot. This...
  3. A new partition appeared with the EFI folder after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A new partition appeared with the EFI folder after reinstalling Windows.: Hello everyone. I recently reinstalled Windows, and a new partition "Local Disk H" appeared in the disk directory. Partition volume 95 megabytes, 65 of which are free. After opening the disk, one EFI folder appears inside which there are two folders: Microsoft and Boot. This...
  4. A new partition appeared with the EFI folder after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Partition after Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Partition after Update: I have a Windows 10 64bit Pro System Yesterday i restarted my PC to update and now i have a new Partition (F). It is 96MB with 69,9MB free. I cant open it. When i try first asks me for Admin, then it tells me i need to open "Security"get access the Folder. When i it opens...
  6. Hard Drive Appears to be Partitioned after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive Appears to be Partitioned after Windows update: I have a 1TB hard drive. There is a C Drive with 118GB of space and a D Drive with 918 GB of space. the C Drive is almost full and the D drive is empty. Any idea how I can get the D drive to be used?...
  7. New OEM Partition after 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New OEM Partition after 1903 Update: On my laptop, the C and E partitions used to be adjacent. (Don't ask why there's no D partition.) About a week ago, I extended C, using MiniTool Partition Wizard, then I upgraded to 1903. Now there's a hidden OEM recovery partition between C and E. I'd like to extend C again,...
  8. New update creates new partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New update creates new partition: I just noticed after the recent windows update that I now have 2 recovery partitions on my computer and an F drive magically appeared. I can't remove either partition or hide them. Not sure if this is a new windows issue or if my machine is just going crazy. Any help/insight...
  9. New update creates new partition

in Windows 10 Support
    New update creates new partition: I just noticed after the recent windows update that I now have 2 recovery partitions on my computer and an F drive magically appeared. I can't remove either partition or hide them. Not sure if this is a new windows issue or if my machine is just going crazy. Any help/insight...
  10. New account has appeared after update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New account has appeared after update: Hello everyone, after I installed the update on my laptop (with windows 10) a new account only visible when I first boot up my laptop has appeared. It is selected by default and it has my name (the same as my original account linked to my hotmail address), and by default...