Windows 10: New PC, BSOD multiple times

Discus and support New PC, BSOD multiple times in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just bought a new computer from iBuyPower.com and received it last week. The only thing I did was put in my 4k hard drive from my old computer with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TeamMM3, Apr 15, 2017.

1. TeamMM3 Win User

New PC, BSOD multiple times

I just bought a new computer from iBuyPower.com and received it last week. The only thing I did was put in my 4k hard drive from my old computer with most of my files and games. I've been getting multiple BSOD the past few days. In the past 6 hours alone I've had 3, all with different codes. One was KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, another was SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, and another was SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION.

I have not done a whole lot of troubleshooting yet as I was hoping they would just stop but after three it's become obvious that this isn't going to just stop happening. I have all of the windows updates and my video card drivers are up to date as well. Two of the BSOD happened while playing two different games if that makes any difference. I tried to run the BSOD troubleshoot tool but it didn't find anything.

Attachment 130377

:)

TeamMM3, Apr 15, 2017

2. BSOD multiple times

Hello again, thanks for your advice. I have disabled all the non microsoft systems in the msconfig tab. And didn't touched my startup tab, since I already had it all disabled. A much smoother startup, and although I've been trying to get the game to crash,
    copying what I did before, alt-esc out of the game, It's just way smoother. I will keep trying to provoque results. But so far, everything is running smooth

EDIT: After 2-3 hours playing, it happened again. I will be sending a minidump link shortly.

JPedroGuerra, Apr 15, 2017
  3. BSOD multiple times

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you perform a clean boot and check if the issue arises when you start the program. Refer to the link below on how to perform clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note:The article For Windows 8/8.1 will work for Windows 10 as well.

Please disable all Microsoft services while performing clean boot.

DISCLIAMER:

Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 15, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Do you mean you tried to run dm_log_collector.exe? If not, please read and follow the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

If yes, exactly what did you do?

Ztruker, Apr 15, 2017
  5. TeamMM3 Win User
    I apologize, I ran the dm log collector but forgot to attach the results to my original post. I have attached it above.

TeamMM3, Apr 15, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    No dumps in the zip file so not a lot I can do. Also you are at the Creator Update build 15063 and Microsoft has not uploaded the symbol files for it yet.

Try disconnecting the old drive you connected then boot and see if the problem still occurs or not.

Ztruker, Apr 15, 2017
  7. Bat 1 Win User
    Without a dump, I'd be incline to say it's a drivers problem going by the three codes posted ?

Bat 1, Apr 15, 2017
  8. TeamMM3 Win User

Have yet to remove the hard drive and see if I have a problem but I did just crash again with a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error. I've attached the dm log collection files again but once again the windows troubleshooting for BSOD didn't come up with anything. I will try and remove the hard drive and see if it crashes again.

Attachment 130397

TeamMM3, Apr 15, 2017
  9. TeamMM3 Win User
    I think it has something to do with when I use the 4 GB harddrive. It seems like everytime it has crashed was when I was playing a game from that harddrive. I left my computer on overnight with it still plugged in and it went the whole night without crashing so I'm not sure how to really test it when I unplug the harddrive to see if that is the issue.

TeamMM3, Apr 15, 2017
  10. TeamMM3 Win User
    Just got an APC mismatch while playing a game then restarted my computer and instantly got a page fault in nonpaged area. This is frustrating. Think my harddrive has gone bad?

TeamMM3, Apr 15, 2017
  11. TeamMM3 Win User
    Two of the BSOD I received today had under the what failed portion a file. The first was cl.dll. And the second was win32kbase.sys. Does this help any? Both of these crashes seemed to occur when I wasn't running a game from that harddrive. I have since removed the harddrive and am waiting to see if a crash occurs.

TeamMM3, Apr 16, 2017
  12. Ztruker Win User
    There is one dump in the latest zip, from 4/15 but as I mentioned, until MS makes the symbols available there is not much I or anyone else can do.

All I can think of is to disconnect the 4TB drive then install one of the games that fails when run from the 4TB drive on the 250GB boot drive and see what happens.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New PC, BSOD multiple times - Similar Threads - BSOD multiple times

2. Multiple BSOD Failures for New PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD Failures for New PC: Hi,Multiple BSOD happened to my computer, installed Win11 a few times then switched to Win10.I also run the necessary tests and checks using windows test apps and memtest86, no error shown.I turned on the Driver Verifier and let it crushed for 3 times, which show different...
  3. Multiple BSOD Failures for New PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD Failures for New PC: Hi,Multiple BSOD happened to my computer, installed Win11 a few times then switched to Win10.I also run the necessary tests and checks using windows test apps and memtest86, no error shown.I turned on the Driver Verifier and let it crushed for 3 times, which show different...
  4. Multiple BSOD Failures for New PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Multiple BSOD on a new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD on a new PC: Hi there! I’m facing serious BSODs on a new computer that I just bought. Everything is new except the video card. These are the specs:Ryzen 5 5600Mother MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAXRX 6700 XT SHAPPIRESSD M.2 NVME 4.0 Kingston2X8GB RAM ORION RED 3200MHZCorsair GX800 PSUIn Windows...
  6. Multiple BSOD on a new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD on a new PC: Hi there! I’m facing serious BSODs on a new computer that I just bought. Everything is new except the video card. These are the specs:Ryzen 5 5600Mother MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAXRX 6700 XT SHAPPIRESSD M.2 NVME 4.0 Kingston2X8GB RAM ORION RED 3200MHZCorsair GX800 PSUIn Windows...
  7. BSOD multiple times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD multiple times: BSOD occuring several times on startup.Link for minidump files & msinfo32.nfo file : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DK5yhI-Qxz3thZ0Ok8SIjLAWJseVFk4b?usp=sharingPlease help!!!!...
  8. BSOD multiple times

BSOD multiple times: BSOD occuring several times on startup.Link for minidump files & msinfo32.nfo file : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DK5yhI-Qxz3thZ0Ok8SIjLAWJseVFk4b?usp=sharingPlease help!!!!...
  9. Multiple BSOD on my new PC

Multiple BSOD on my new PC: Hi all, I am having a problem with my newly built PC. I have sent my PC to the shop where I bought my PC due to the BSODs, but they mentioned that no BSODs happening when they did MEMTEST and also stress test on the PC. I have done the MEMTEST myself previously and no error...
  10. Multiple BSOD's on new build PC

Multiple BSOD's on new build PC: I have just built this pc Intel Core i7-6700K, EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti, Fractal Design Define R4 (Titanium Grey) - System Build - PCPartPicker United Kingdom It was blue screening all through install process but seemed to level out for about 20 mins while I installed mobo...