Windows 10: New PC Build, Many Different BSOD Errors @ Random, Cannot Diagnose

Discus and support New PC Build, Many Different BSOD Errors @ Random, Cannot Diagnose in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Tried uninstalling the audio driver through device manager, but it is still in my system32->drivers. My device manager no longer shows it though, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HighMule, Dec 2, 2016.

1. HighMule Win User

New PC Build, Many Different BSOD Errors @ Random, Cannot Diagnose

Tried uninstalling the audio driver through device manager, but it is still in my system32->drivers. My device manager no longer shows it though, but I have a different item, that being "high definition audio device" I still have sound (through my graphics card displayport to my monitor's speakers). What is up with this?

I also updated my bios, and adjusted my ram settings. I am still getting "memory management" BSODS.

It is time to pull a memory stick and play around with it.

HighMule, Dec 7, 2016
  2. HighMule Win User

Just a quick update.

I pulled a single ram stick from my rig, and I have not blue screened yet. I only have about 2.5-3 hours on it though, so this is not conclusive by any means.

Also, as a side note, I keep my tower plugged into a APC surge protector. I happened to discover that the "overload" light was on the unit, meaning that it the load was around 7 amps (per the manual). Having played around with the surge protector, the overload light comes on whenever ANYTHING is plugged into it. If I only plug my ps4 into it, then it will turn on.

I bought 2 of these surge protectors brand new about 2 months ago, and BOTH of them are doing it. I called APC, and they said that, since I ordered it from amazon, that they might be defective because they were "off the shelf" and "old". It seemed very odd that this person tried to convey that these units have a shelf life. He could not give me a reason as to why these units were doing this, other than the fact that they were "old". He set me up for 2 replacements that will be "brand new."

Could this "defective" surge protector be causing this? Everything worked fine off of it (PS4, monitor, tower except BSOD's)....

After grabbing an older surge protector from my basement, I am now back to playing games to put the system under stress. I will make sure to post any noteworthy updates.

Thanks for reading!

HighMule, Dec 8, 2016
  3. axe0 New Member
    Power issues can cause various of problems.
    If it could be the cause? Yes, but remember, 'could'.

4. HighMule Win User

Long-term update here, I think I have found out my problem.

It turns out that I was running two sticks of memory in the two recommend slots from the motherboard's manual. After playing around with the stick configurations, I was able to confirm that both of my sticks, one at a time, in the same slot works. I used it for about a week on each stick, and I experienced no crashing.

Now, for the other slot that I was using....

Today I tried switching to the other slot I was using when I was experiencing all of this crashing. I moved a stick into this slot, booted my pc, and I got a BSOD in about 10 seconds after logging in. Booted a couple more times, and constant BSOD's. I tried the other stick, thinking that the one stick might be faulty. The other stick caused the pc to crash in the same slot.

After playing around with LOTS of configurations, I cannot even get the pc to boot on the faulty slot. Whether it is being used with a "good" slot, or by itself, there are two slots that work just fine, and two slots that, when I insert a stick into, the computer will not boot.

I find it odd that what used to kind of work and cause BSOD's, is no longer working at all. Two slots, when used, will not allow the pc to boot. the DRAM led stays on, and doesn't shut off. In summary, any configuration, whether one or two sticks, when using a "bad" slot, will not boot.

It looks like I am going to have to RMA this board. Good luck me!

HighMule, Dec 25, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Good to hear you found the cause *Smile

Thema:

1. New PC Build, Many Different BSOD Errors @ Random, Cannot Diagnose - Similar Threads - Build Many Different

2. New PC experiencing many BSOD errors!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC experiencing many BSOD errors!: Hello,I've built my first ever PC in February with the help of some friends, and in the end it was successfully made with no issues. Well, until the end of May and onward. There weren't many at first, but it started to grow and increase in the number of different BSOD errors...
  3. New PC experiencing many BSOD errors!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC experiencing many BSOD errors!: Hello,I've built my first ever PC in February with the help of some friends, and in the end it was successfully made with no issues. Well, until the end of May and onward. There weren't many at first, but it started to grow and increase in the number of different BSOD errors...
  4. Multiple BSOD intermittently with different errors in new build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple BSOD intermittently with different errors in new build: Hi there Just hoping for some help with some sporadic BSOD every hour or few hours on a new build with fresh install. Different errors each time including: Clock watchdog timeout DPC watchdog violation APC index mismatch pagefault in nonpaged area Configuration:...
  5. New PC build BSOD errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC build BSOD errors: I've recently built a new PC and in it's original form, it worked fine. Had an issue with the top PCI-e slot being faulty though, so had to replace the motherboard. The new motherboard had no issues with the top PCI-e slot, however, after a few days it started to randomly...
  6. Many Different BSOD errors.

Many Different BSOD errors.: I recently built a new computer and have had nothing but BSOD errors for a week now. Here is the list of things I know to try and have, many times. Installed W10 from usb drive multiple times, then just from windows i installed W10 again, created a new W10 on another usb...
  7. various different BSOD on new PC build

various different BSOD on new PC build: I built a PC a little more than a week ago. Within the first few days, I was having recurring issues with blue screens, seemingly a different error every time. Some of the errors I recall are System_Service_Exception, Critical_Process_Died, Kernel_Mode_Head_Corruption,...
  8. Many different BSOD errors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Many different BSOD errors?: submitted by /u/chsugxusjsbx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flwjw5/many_different_bsod_errors/
  9. Different BSoDs on New PC Build

Different BSoDs on New PC Build: I built a PC specifically to play No Man's Sky, and it seemed to be working fine. There was a couple of BSoDs before, but I updated all the drivers, and it seemed to be ok. I turned it on today and I'm getting all kinds of BSoDs. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER...
  10. Many Different BSOD Errors At Random Intervals

Many Different BSOD Errors At Random Intervals: Hi, I've been having seemingly random BSOD's over the past couple of months. I recently reset my BIOS and this went away for a week, however, earlier today I received another. Oddly enough, the first time I ran the DM log collector utility this also Bluescreened the...