Windows 10: New PC from QVC - just set up and password is not working

Discus and support New PC from QVC - just set up and password is not working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just purchased Dell laptop from QVC, I went through the user set up on Wednesday night. I thought I had written my user account password down... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tarah, Dec 10, 2015.

1. tarah Win User

New PC from QVC - just set up and password is not working

I just purchased Dell laptop from QVC, I went through the user set up on Wednesday night. I thought I had written my user account password down correctly and I did not. When I turned on the machine yesterday morning and tried to log in, its telling me my password is incorrect and I need to use a USB to reset? I was never prompted to create a usb password disk, and the dell box did not come with a regular disk with windows10. I tried to hit control alt del and I do not get any options like on my old windows 7 laptop. I also tried to reboot and hit F12 to reset the admin password in there, the user account is still locked. How can I reset my password? Or is it possible to reset the machine back to factory? The only thing I did after basic set up was install quickbooks, but nothing else has been done so I wont lose any information. Please help!

:)

tarah, Dec 10, 2015

2. Optiplex 390

Thank you bought a new dell pc off qvc

JustinDunivant, Dec 10, 2015
  3. windows 10 unwanted password change

the company i work for has just introduced payslips via email using 365 and outlook. i was given an email address ending with the company name and had to provide my own password. i will also receive information emails about company stuff and have access
    to yammer. i can access this in work but have set it up on our home pc. the problem is that shortly after when i started up the home pc i was prompted to change the login password for the pc which i didn't want to but had no choice. i want to revert back
    to the password i know instead of something written on a piece of paper but "security policies on this pc are preventing me from changing this setting" . we had the pc set to prompt for a password on startup and when waking from sleep which it still does annoyingly
    with this new password.

does anyone know how to get around this and and reset my password

christineprescott, Dec 10, 2015
  4. fireberd Win User

F8 at Power On will access the Dell PC Restore, on many Dell's, and allow returning it to the original factory settings. However, I don't know if that will also restore any additional software that QVC provides with their PC's. If I remember correctly QVC has a special support help line. I would start with that first. If not, I would start with Dell support.

fireberd, Dec 10, 2015
  5. tarah Win User
    Factory restore would be just fine - they didnt load any additional software except for trial versions. I'll give this a shot and repost the results, thank yoU!

tarah, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New PC from QVC - just set up and password is not working - Similar Threads - QVC set password

2. Just brought a PC from my work and they don't know the password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just brought a PC from my work and they don't know the password: G'day Just got a Windows 10 pc from my work and there are profiles with files but I don't know the passwords and I'm worried about what files could be on there or are needed.Please help....
  3. Just brought a PC from my work and they don't know the password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just brought a PC from my work and they don't know the password: G'day Just got a Windows 10 pc from my work and there are profiles with files but I don't know the passwords and I'm worried about what files could be on there or are needed.Please help....
  4. Just brought a PC from my work and they don't know the password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Setting up a new PC!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up a new PC!: Hi again, is changing stuff to a new PC very daunting? I have had my Lenovo laptop about 7 years now, I am thinking of buying a new one maybe Desktop this time. Am I right in saying because I have a Microsoft account it is pretty straightforward? I sync most things to...
  6. Setting up a new PC!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a new PC!: Hi again, is changing stuff to a new PC very daunting? I have had my Lenovo laptop about 7 years now, I am thinking of buying a new one maybe Desktop this time. Am I right in saying because I have a Microsoft account it is pretty straightforward? I sync most things to...
  7. Setting up a new PC!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. New PC issues - setting up

New PC issues - setting up: We have just bought a new PC for our son. Happy days - not.We now have the joy of setting it up, downloading all the software, getting all his passwords over etc. Cannot wait.Some background to the first problem:I have a Microsoft account, through which I have bought all the...
  9. New PC set up

New PC set up: While setting up a new PC the screen reduced itself to a small box in the center of the screen. How can I restore it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-set-up/235b124e-3c36-4449-b0fd-98537f1a68c9
  10. setting up a new pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting up a new pc: Setting up a new pc when i entered my account and password it just stays on the account tab saying just a moment. what can i do to move on setting up my PC?...