Windows 10: New PC, keep rebooting after inserting product key

Discus and support New PC, keep rebooting after inserting product key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there, I have a new computer with windows 10, at the first boot the computer did some things to prepare itself for use, but then I was asked to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Savol, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Savol Win User

New PC, keep rebooting after inserting product key

Hello there,
    I have a new computer with windows 10, at the first boot the computer did some things to prepare itself for use, but then I was asked to give my credenitals to account, I used my windows account, but there was some error and I had to reboot.

Since then this is what happens:
    when I boot up there is (probably, cause English is not my native language)
    Hi there
    let's ́s get a few basic things out of the way

Then I choose my language and click next, after that it asks for a product key, after I confirm that (or skip) and use express settings it goes into "just a moment" than the computer reboot and I am at the begining again:
    Hi there
    let's ́s get a few basic things out of the way

:)

Savol, Sep 23, 2015

2. Installing windows 7 while running windows 10 for over 30 days.

I upgraded my PC to windows 10 quite a few months back on my Dell Optiplex 780 pc. Since then, the pc keeps rebooting when starting up and automatically keeps rebooting at random times. I want to go back to windows 7, the original os of my pc, to see if
    it would solve this problem. However, I couldn't do it through settings because I have had windows 10 for many months now and I can't revert back to windows 7. When I try to do it through the Microsoft website, it gives me the error message below after I
    put in my product key. I was wondering if there is any solution to this problem without having to buy a new product key.

Error
    The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options.

P.S. If you know how to fix that rebooting problem, that would be even better.

Faiz Momin, Sep 23, 2015
  3. lost 10 Pro key

Did Pro come with the old PC, or did you upgrade to it from Store or using Product Key? If Store then it gave permanent entitlement to the old PC only for Pro version. If Product Key you might be able to insert it in new PC Activation settings to Upgrade
    to Pro but the old PC could no longer use Pro.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 23, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Return it back to where you bought it and have the guys fix it.

Joergi, Sep 23, 2015
  5. Savol Win User
    I´ve managed to solve myself, turned on support for windows 8/8.1 in BIOS and after next reboot it showed that Windows failed to boot and I finally had a chance to return machine to the factory setting. That helped since it installed windows again and all went well as should on the first try.

Savol, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New PC, keep rebooting after inserting product key - Similar Threads - keep rebooting inserting

2. inserting oem product key in vmware question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    inserting oem product key in vmware question: if i buy unused legal OEM product key from 3rd party website, can i insert unused legal OEM product key in vmware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inserting-oem-product-key-in-vmware-question/d935d8ed-3afa-4a3a-ac85-4ea320c88bb0
  3. Original Product Key Insertion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Original Product Key Insertion: Hi,I was studying a docker course when I was setting up the docker I wanted to activate Hyper V, but this feature was not available, I had to change my product key, but now I want to insert my original product key, and when I try to insert it, it sends me this message 'the...
  4. Original Product Key Insertion

Original Product Key Insertion: Hi,I was studying a docker course when I was setting up the docker I wanted to activate Hyper V, but this feature was not available, I had to change my product key, but now I want to insert my original product key, and when I try to insert it, it sends me this message 'the...
  5. Original Product Key Insertion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Product Key and new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key and new PC: Hi,I just built a new PC and wanted to activate Windows on it.On my last PC i had Windows with my own Code on it but i have lost it for some reason and now i dont know what i can do.Any Help please?...
  7. Product Key and new PC

Product Key and new PC: Hi,I just built a new PC and wanted to activate Windows on it.On my last PC i had Windows with my own Code on it but i have lost it for some reason and now i dont know what i can do.Any Help please?...
  8. Product Key and new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. New PC Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New PC Product Key: I'm building a new PC in a couple days and would like to know if it's possible to transfer my current windows product key thats on my current pc to the new pc. Also, I'll be putting the SSD that has windows on it from my current PC into the new one, will I need to wipe it...
  10. Is Product Key Transferable to New PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Product Key Transferable to New PC?: I have decided to build a new PC instead of trying to fix the unsupported UEFI Disk problem I've had for the last year with my current PC. I have downloaded the Windows 10 Media and installed it to a USB drive. When the install routine asks for my product key, I would like to...