New Phone Insider app for Windows 10 preview for Phones?

Discus and support New Phone Insider app for Windows 10 preview for Phones? in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; A Windows Phone app from Microsoft called Phone Insider has been discovered today. The app could possibly signal that the company is preparing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Unfortunately, at the moment, there's no way to sign into the app, which would suggest that it's not ready for the public to fully check out.

Microsoft already has a Preview for Developers app for Windows Phone 8.1 that allows users to download new builds of the OS before they are made available to wireless carriers. This new app would seem, at first glance, to be something different. However, we stress that Microsoft has yet to officially state they are launching a preview version of Windows 10 for smartphones. So take this speculation (and everyone else's) with a grain of salt.

Read more: New Microsoft Phone Insider app may be a prelude to a Windows 10 preview for phones

Brink, Jan 10, 2015
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more: Microsoft primes the pump for Windows 10 mobile | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Jan 12, 2015
  3. Eeshwar Kumar Win User
    lumia920@windows 10 upgrade

Hi Chirag,

I would like to inform that you can install the Windows 10 Insider Preview and not the official Windows 10 in Lumia 920. To get the Windows 10 Insider Preview, follow the steps provided below:

1. Download the Insider Preview App from Windows Store.

2. Register for Insider Preview.

3. Restart the device.

4. Check for phone updates and you will be able to install the Windows 10 Insider Preview.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 12, 2015
  4. G.Ilex Win User

Windows 10 mobile update for lumia X20 models.

Nope there will not be a second wave or any upgrade for non supported phones.

That is already been said here and on other places at the community, the micrisoft blogs and on many tech related "news" websites.

And this is the statement from Microsoft:

Hello Windows Insiders!

Earlier this year when we launched Windows 10 Mobile, we
    announced a series of changes
    to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Program, including details of our launch of Windows 10 Mobile as well as changes to the

supported Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview devices

With the upcoming release of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, the Release Preview ring is moving to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build 14393. This change will have some impact on unsupported devices:

• As stated before, unsupported devices will not receive any builds or updates newer than 10586.x
    • Unsupported devices will not be able to select any Windows Insider Preview rings in the Windows Insider app
    • Updates to apps and services may not be available for unsupported devices and in some cases may limit certain experiences
    Unsupported devices can still use the
    Windows Device Recovery Tool
    to recover to Windows Phone 8.1, but will not have the option to return to Windows 10 Mobile.

As always, we appreciate our Insiders and thank you for your participation in the Windows Insider Program.

Sincerely,

Your Windows Insider Team

@WindowsInsider

G.Ilex, Jan 12, 2015
  5. Tony K Win User
    Thanks, Shawn. *Smile

Do you or anyone see this app in the Phone Store? Nothing there that I see.

Scrolling down on the page linked above “Download Phone Insider from the Windows Phone Store”, what’s this under “App requires”? Are those screen resolutions? The Lumia 1520 is Full HD (1920 x 1080).

HD720P (720x1280)
    WVGA (480x800)
    WXGA (768x1280)

Scrolling down a little farther there’s “Download and install manually” to side load a/the app:

How do I install apps from
    an SD card? | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

Anyone have luck there?

Looking forward to WP10, though!

Tony K, Jan 12, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Tony,

I don't think it'll be available in the Store until the 21st.

I had to click on the "Install" button from below to have an email sent that I could open on my phone to click on the install link.

Phone Insider | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

It's currently installed on my phone, but only Microsoft employees are able to sign in to the app for now. It should be fully functional on the 21st. *Smile

Brink, Jan 12, 2015
  7. Tony K Win User
    Thanks much for posting that, Shawn. *Smile

I opened your link with my phone and was able to install it with no email involved.

I'll wait patiently until the 21st....

Tony K, Jan 12, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

There's an update today. The app name was changed from Phone Insider to Windows Insider.

[​IMG]

You can now sign-in with your Microsoft Account but the Win 10 tech preview for phones will not be ready till next month.

[​IMG]

badrobot, Jan 29, 2015
  9. Tony K Win User
    Thanks for that info, badrobot. *Smile

Tony K, Jan 30, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

New Phone Insider app for Windows 10 preview for Phones? - Similar Threads - Phone Insider app

1. Windows 10 Insider Preview for phone build 10080 won't go to Slow ring

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider Preview for phone build 10080 won't go to Slow ring: Last week's release of the Windows 10 Insider Preview for phone build 10080 to members on the Fast ring update schedule won't likely be replicated to Windows Insider members on the Slow ring. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 6161
  2. Additional features in Lumia Camera Beta for Windows 10 Phone Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Additional features in Lumia Camera Beta for Windows 10 Phone Insiders: As some of you have noticed, the Lumia Camera Beta app includes a few additional features for those of you participating in the Windows Insider program. These features include: Updated design Selfie stick support for pictures and videos Simplified output resolutions...
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview for Phones - Update to

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview for Phones - Update to: [img] insiderhub://announcements/5dc1a59b-4cd7-4d34-ab7b-12fc9fed7646?Source=ShareLink 5575
  4. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10080 for phone now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10080 for phone now available: Hi everyone, We’re releasing Build 10080 of the Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones to the Fast ring today (will show as 10.0.12562.84 in Settings > System > About). We’re excited to get this build out because it brings many improvements but also because it adds...
  5. No new Windows 10 Insider Preview build for phone or PC this week

in Windows 10 News
    No new Windows 10 Insider Preview build for phone or PC this week: Windows Insider head Gabriel Aul has confirmed that there will be no new Windows 10 Insider Preview builds released for phone or PC this week. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 5953
  6. Phone Insider app for Windows 10 Preview, renamed to Windows Insider

in Windows 10 News
    Phone Insider app for Windows 10 Preview, renamed to Windows Insider: Windows 10 for phones is on the way, at least in preview form. Tonight, Microsoft began laying more groundwork for the Technical Preview by updating their Phone Insider app. Originally found on the Store a few weeks ago, the Insider program will let people download early...
  7. Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview: Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview We're working to get more Windows Phone models supported worldwide. Download the Windows Insider app, and when your phone is supported you'll be able to sign in with the same Microsoft account you used to join the...
New Phone Insider app for Windows 10 preview for Phones? solved