Windows 10: New phone, slow shared ethernet hotspot

Discus and support New phone, slow shared ethernet hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I bought a new phone (Huawei P9 Lite) some weeks ago and changed my phone provider. When I try to share its internet to my laptop via ethernet hotspot,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gnottino90, Nov 1, 2017.

1. New phone, slow shared ethernet hotspot

I bought a new phone (Huawei P9 Lite) some weeks ago and changed my phone provider. When I try to share its internet to my laptop via ethernet hotspot, the speed of the connection is quite slow.
    I used to have a Nokia Lumia 925 and the internet would go quite well. For example I could play online videogames with around 60-70 ms. Now sharing the new phone's connection I can browse and stuff, but if I try to play an online game I have more than 100 ms and I noticed that sometimes the connection drops.

Do you guys think it's a problem of the phone provider (which means I can't do much about it..) or do you have any suggestion on how to solve it?

Thank you!

:)

Gnottino90, Nov 1, 2017

2. Mobile Hotspot

I have set up a Mobile Hotspot network to share my Ethernet to my phone. But my phone is not able to connect to that network. All the drivers are okay and sharing is enable for Ethernet network.

Chandra_007, Nov 1, 2017
  3. Phone does not connect to hotspot, shows 'Authenticating' and 'Connecting'

Original title: Wifi HOTSPOT Windows 10

I have created a hotspot using Command Prompt (Admin) . But my Phone does not connect to the hotspot . It just shows

"Authenticating" and "Connecting" but does not connect.

Ethernet Sharing is checked.

PulkitGarg, Nov 1, 2017
Thema:

New phone, slow shared ethernet hotspot

1. New phone, slow shared ethernet hotspot - Similar Threads - phone slow shared

2. Phone is connected without ethernet to mobile hotspot after the phone has been closed for a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Phone is connected without ethernet to mobile hotspot after the phone has been closed for a...: I am using my computer to act as a mobile hotspot for my android phone, the computer is connected with ethernet and has a wifi card. When I use the mobile hotspot feature. Everything works fine except when I close my phone for a some time and open it later, the wifi is still...
  3. Phone is connected without ethernet to mobile hotspot after the phone has been closed for a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone is connected without ethernet to mobile hotspot after the phone has been closed for a...: I am using my computer to act as a mobile hotspot for my android phone, the computer is connected with ethernet and has a wifi card. When I use the mobile hotspot feature. Everything works fine except when I close my phone for a some time and open it later, the wifi is still...
  4. Phone is connected without ethernet to mobile hotspot after the phone has been closed for a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not able to find hotspot while sharing ethernet connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to find hotspot while sharing ethernet connection.: Hi,this week i got a new laptopAcer aspire 7 - A715-42G. In my room, the only way I can connect to internet is via Ethernet cable, so I need to create hotspot to access internet wirelessly with my phoneRealme 6. The hotspot worked well for couple of days, but it changed...
  6. Not able to find hotspot while sharing ethernet connection.

Not able to find hotspot while sharing ethernet connection.: Hi,this week i got a new laptopAcer aspire 7 - A715-42G. In my room, the only way I can connect to internet is via Ethernet cable, so I need to create hotspot to access internet wirelessly with my phoneRealme 6. The hotspot worked well for couple of days, but it changed...
  7. Windows won't recognize new hotspot connection as ethernet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't recognize new hotspot connection as ethernet.: When someone tries to connect their phone to my PC via the charging cord, the hotspot only shows up as wifi. In the network connections, it only shows wifi. But when I connect my phone, which the ethernet hotspot was originally set up as, it works just fine. I don't...
  8. Windows won't recognize new hotspot connection as ethernet.

Windows won't recognize new hotspot connection as ethernet.: When someone tries to connect their phone to my PC via the charging cord, the hotspot only shows up as wifi. In the network connections, it only shows wifi. But when I connect my phone, which the ethernet hotspot was originally set up as, it works just fine. I don't...
  9. phone as hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    phone as hotspot: slow connection with phone as hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-as-hotspot/70602dac-17d7-45bd-80d2-8f40ec9379f2
  10. Mobile hotspot slow on pc but fast on phone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mobile hotspot slow on pc but fast on phone: I use my dad's mobile data hotspot to use internet on my pc since i don't have any actual internet at home. When im connected to it on my phone, its works very well. However when I connect to it on my pc, its very slow. I used an internet speed checker and I saw that on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone slow hotspot