Windows 10: new program shows in taskbar and need to click taskbar to see it

Discus and support new program shows in taskbar and need to click taskbar to see it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When clicking a program in start menu it shows in the taskbar and I need to click the taskbar to see the programs window. Very irritating. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pumpmck, Dec 15, 2016.

1. pumpmck Win User

new program shows in taskbar and need to click taskbar to see it

When clicking a program in start menu it shows in the taskbar and I need to click the taskbar to see the programs window.
    Very irritating. Is there a way to change some setting so when I click to start it just opens .
    After all I wouldn't have clicked if I didn't want to see it.

:)

pumpmck, Dec 15, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Display date and time on task bar without hovering cursor.

Hi Jacks3,

You need to make the taskbar a bit bigger to show the Date and Time . . .

RIght click the Taskbar and if necessary uncheck 'Lock the Taskbar'

Then drag the top of the Taskbar up until you can see the Date and Time

Then right click the Taskbar and check the Lock the Taskbar

DaveM121, Dec 15, 2016
  3. TaskBar Malfunctioning (AutoHide as well as Task Bar Menu deficiencies)

My Windows 10 Taskbar does not consistently autohide. It will autohide for a while and then stops. Also, the taskbar will not hide behind programs like MS Word when I am typing. I need to see the bottom of the screen and the taskbar blocks my view. When
    I go into the Taskbar Properties and Start Menu to again autohide the taskbar, none of the changes I click (like move taskbar) will work, and it still shows the autohide taskbar box with a checkmark. The only solution is to re-boot until the next time the
    malfunction occurs.

Please help.

Jeremy

Rockyshores2, Dec 15, 2016
  4. new program shows in taskbar and need to click taskbar to see it

Welcome to the Ten forum.

Check to see what options are available in program. Sometimes they call this settings or tool. Check to see if program has an option to open minimized. Alter this setting.

I know if it a Shortcut on desktop if you right click and look at properties there is a tab labelled "Shortcut" ___ Within that tab is option labelled "run" and you can choose window size. I wonder if you created shortcut and set this to Normal window and then tried from Start menu if it would remember its last state.

Caledon Ken, Dec 15, 2016
Thema:

new program shows in taskbar and need to click taskbar to see it

1. new program shows in taskbar and need to click taskbar to see it - Similar Threads - program shows taskbar

2. Double click on taskbar programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click on taskbar programs: Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to double click the programs on the taskbar to start them because sometimes, especially now that the intention with Windows 11 is to put programs on the taskbar, I click next to them causing me to accidentally start a heavy program....
  3. Double click on taskbar programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double click on taskbar programs: Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to double click the programs on the taskbar to start them because sometimes, especially now that the intention with Windows 11 is to put programs on the taskbar, I click next to them causing me to accidentally start a heavy program....
  4. If the taskbar is at the top of the screen, clicking on a program on the taskbar in Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If the taskbar is at the top of the screen, clicking on a program on the taskbar in Windows...: In Windows 11, when the taskbar is at the top of the screen, by changing a registry value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects3 → Settings → second row, sixth column, change value from “03” to “01”, programs with more than one window...
  5. If the taskbar is at the top of the screen, clicking on a program on the taskbar in Windows...

If the taskbar is at the top of the screen, clicking on a program on the taskbar in Windows...: In Windows 11, when the taskbar is at the top of the screen, by changing a registry value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects3 → Settings → second row, sixth column, change value from “03” to “01”, programs with more than one window...
  6. Windows inside a program I see an error showing the taskbar but when I click away from it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows inside a program I see an error showing the taskbar but when I click away from it...: hi I have windows inside a program I'm in the dev channel and I need to add contacts to my chat app i'm on the chat screen clicked the … then settings and its not letting me see my account...
  7. Windows inside a program I see an error showing the taskbar but when I click away from it...

Windows inside a program I see an error showing the taskbar but when I click away from it...: hi I have windows inside a program I'm in the dev channel and I need to add contacts to my chat app i'm on the chat screen clicked the … then settings and its not letting me see my account...
  8. Can't see highlight of open programs on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't see highlight of open programs on taskbar: Hello everyone, This problem occured a couple weeks ago. I can't see the highlight of the open programs on my task bar. Here is a screenshot of my taskbar: [ATTACH] and in the thread below is a picture of what I actually see on my computer. This is very strange...
  9. right click on taskbar shows no options

in Windows 10 Support
    right click on taskbar shows no options: i usually open task manager from the task bar by right clicking on it , now i have no options 96029
  10. "Recent" right click programs in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    "Recent" right click programs in taskbar: Hello! My issue is that usually when you right click for example Steam or Chrome it shows you recently played games/recently opened websites you've been onto... once again, my Windows 10 have stopped doing that, and I don't even know why. 47648