Windows 10: New prompt for Network Credentials on W10 not seen before.

Discus and support New prompt for Network Credentials on W10 not seen before. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Multiple computers on wireless net. Some W7 and one W10. Files visible on any computer from any computer and then a second W10 computer was added.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by patrickg, Jan 20, 2017.

1. patrickg Win User

New prompt for Network Credentials on W10 not seen before.

Multiple computers on wireless net. Some W7 and one W10. Files visible on any computer from any computer and then a second W10 computer was added. Attempts to access its files or to use it to access files on any of the other computers elicits a small window/prompt for Network Credentials: Username and Password.

What username? What password? Suggestions?

TIA for any actionable suggestions.

Patrick

:)

patrickg, Jan 20, 2017

2. Small Network/Homegroup trouble.

Hello All:

I have two w10 laptops, named zPC1 & zPC2, and made them a small network/Homegroup.

It did worked for me, I did take data/file from another machine several times.

Today to some, I don't know, reason, it doesn't work again. I use "troubleshooting"

the "Homegroup", it says:

Some HomeGroup problem are network related, we recommend

that you troubleshoot network problems before continuing.

I did the network troubleshooting. The result is:

Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem. You can

try exploring other options. That might be helpful.

Right now, if I work on zPC1 and press zPC2 below the network, it prompts:

Enter network credentials

Enter your credential to connect to zPC2:

UserName:

Password:

If I work on zPC2 and press zPC1 below the network, the prompt is:

Enter network credentials Enter your credential to connect to zPC1
    UserName:
    Password:

Anyway, the two laptop have not entered a same group.

When I made the small network, I did not use "credential"!

What is the cause of the trouble? Tell me please! -- Zhao

HonglinZhao, Jan 20, 2017
  3. WindowsImageBackup, Windows 10, network, System Image Recovery, credentials

Environment: A senior citizens computer club, with 20 some Windows machines, for seniors run by seniors.

On W10 machine 07 there is a folder D:\Club07\Prod$BU\WindowsImageBackup

On W10 machine 07 there is a Share \\Club07\Prod$BU

On W10 machine 01 there is a backup process that runs without error.

On W10 machine ?? there is a backup process that runs without error.... (?? = 01-20)

WBAdmin start backup -backupTarget:\\CLUB07\Prod$BU -include:c: -allCritical -quiet

On W10 machine 03 via the 'Stsrem Image Recovery' option & subsequent HD boot...

I have arrived at the panel titled: Re-image your computer

I have chosen 'advanced'

I have chosen 'Search for a system image on the network'

I am prompted for the 'network Folder'

I provide '\\Club07\Prod$BU'

I am prompted for and provide a valid account/password for the Club07 PC as the 'network credentials'

I have the error: 0x80070520

I can execute the above scenario by booting from the Windows 10 'tool' dvd & get the same results

I have noticed that the validity of the 'network credentials' has NO effect on the outcome.

I can execute the above scenario by booting from the Windows 8.0 dvd and get better results.

The Windows 8.0 dvd takes me all the way into the WindowsImageBackup folder on Club07 and presents me with the available images to select from. Nice & I do so select. However: the Windows 8.0 process will attempt the image restore but then kindly backs out
    and states it will not perform a Windows 10 level image restore.

It appears to this PC/Windows novice the error is in the credentials?

Termite728, Jan 20, 2017
  4. New prompt for Network Credentials on W10 not seen before.

Welcome to the TenForums @patrickg

Can I ask, are you using homegroup to share files on other machines?

Are you using user names and passwords on other machine, like Owner or Patrick, password xxxxxxxxx. This would be when you sign in or awaken from sleep.

Sorry about questions, didn't ask enough earlier.

If you are using Homegroups here is a tutorial on joining.

Homegroup - Join in Windows 10

Caledon Ken, Jan 20, 2017
  5. patrickg Win User
    I don't get it... maybe faith healing? The new W10 computer is fully networked now accessing files on other computers and vice versa. How did I fix it? Did I fix it? I didn't do anything to fix it but it works now. Go figure. I'll still probably go to the referenced tutorial.

Strange things are happening...

Patrick

Can I ask, are you using homegroup to share files on other machines?

Are you using user names and passwords on other machine, like Owner or Patrick, password xxxxxxxxx. This would be when you sign in or awaken from sleep.

Sorry about questions, didn't ask enough earlier.

If you are using Homegroups here is a tutorial on joining.

Homegroup - Join in Windows 10[/QUOTE]

patrickg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New prompt for Network Credentials on W10 not seen before.

1. New prompt for Network Credentials on W10 not seen before. - Similar Threads - prompt Network Credentials

2. Anyone seen this before?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone seen this before?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rbdgswg- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kns5ve/anyone_seen_this_before/
  3. Weird network share issue - not prompting for credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird network share issue - not prompting for credentials: Ended up having to do a fresh install of windows recently because my RAID controller gave up the ghost. Installed directly with Win10 2004. Since then I have been having difficulty connecting to network shares from work. In the past, all I would do is connect to work VPN,...
  4. Network Credentials - New Twist

Network Credentials - New Twist: I have a home network with 6 machines, each of which has shared resources. All are running Win10 Pro Version 2004. 5 machines work just fine, but 1 machine, aka Hum, has a peculiar behavior. Problem #1: When I first logon to Hum, I can access any shared resource on the...
  5. RDP Client Hanging Before Prompting for Credentials

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP Client Hanging Before Prompting for Credentials: I help manage a small Windows environment of about 15-20 workstations/laptops, and the oldest desktop we have all of a sudden started hanging from anywhere between 1 to 5 minutes after entering the IP or hostname before functioning as expected. Outline of Problem: Open...
  6. Possible New Scam That I've Not Seen Before

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible New Scam That I've Not Seen Before: Hello Everyone, I've had this pop up and take over Edge Twice this morning. The only way I've found to close the browser after this message appears, is to open "task Manage" and selecting to Close Edge from there using ( Ctrl + Alt + Del ) command on your...
  7. Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop: Hello, What is the difference between Prompt for Credentials and ? In both, I have the same thing. 1. Prompt for Credential [ATTACH] 2. Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop [ATTACH]...
  8. New problem - Network Credentials

New problem - Network Credentials: I have followed the guide to disable password request but when trying to access PC 1 from PC 2 it keeps asking me for credentials, however on PC 1 to PC 2 it doesn’t? 131219
  9. New BSOD I've Never Seen Before

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New BSOD I've Never Seen Before: I multi-boot, main Win 7 and then 2 Win 10's on other drives. It had been at least 10 days since I last booted into them, no problems then, but I was surprised today when I tried. Got a smaller than usual BSOD (low res Safe Mode size) and all it said was as follows, even...
  10. Network Share - Prompt for credentials

Network Share - Prompt for credentials: Hi, I have recently gotten a Windows 10 machine. In my network I have Windows 8.1 machine with shared folders, and several other Windows 8/7 laptops with access. All those computers (including Xbox One) can see my desktop share computer and folders + access to the content...