Windows 10: New prompt to enter PIN

Discus and support New prompt to enter PIN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I don't want to enter a PIN for extra security. The blue screen comes up when I turn my computer on and I can't get rid of it. Saw Kari's response in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MelindaBradley1, Aug 15, 2018.

1. New prompt to enter PIN

I don't want to enter a PIN for extra security. The blue screen comes up when I turn my computer on and I can't get rid of it. Saw Kari's response in Forum10 on removing a PIN but this doesn't help my situation I do not want to get this prompt every time I use my computer -- updates aren't always a great thing Ugh

Melinda Bradley

:)

MelindaBradley1, Aug 15, 2018

2. Pin Login not available and can't change or remove my pin

Hi Saschavan,

To help you disable your PIN login, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to this location: Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options
    • Check the PIN options and click the I forget my PIN available to click?
    • Enter your password, it will prompt you to enter a new PIN.
    • Click Cancel and your PIN should be disable upon reboot.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Enter pin twice with recent update

Hello,

We'd like to get more information about the issue your experiencing with the Windows Pin. Please answer these questions:

• Are there any error messages showing on your end?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

For now, we recommend changing the current PIN and see if it helps. See the instructions below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) >
      Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Click the Change button under PIN.
    • Enter your current PIN; then, enter and confirm the new
      PIN
      underneath.
    • Click I forgot my PIN.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password; then, set up the new
      Pin

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Aug 15, 2018
  4. New prompt to enter PIN

Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

New prompt to enter PIN

1. New prompt to enter PIN - Similar Threads - prompt enter PIN

2. Pin Number and Enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Number and Enter: Here's a simple problem but which I cannot overcome but one of you folks can. When I type in my PIN number on this laptop, it automatically opens Windows. On another laptop, when I type in the PIN number, I have to hit the enter button for it to open Windows. Why is that and...
  3. Can't enter PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter PIN: I am not able to type in anything for the PIN on the initial screen when I turn on the computer. I've checked the keyboard and that is not the issue. In the initial log-in screen, it will not register any characters, making it impossible for me to log-in and do anything else...
  4. Can't enter PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enter PIN: I am not able to type in anything for the PIN on the initial screen when I turn on the computer. I've checked the keyboard and that is not the issue. In the initial log-in screen, it will not register any characters, making it impossible for me to log-in and do anything else...
  5. Must enter PIN promptly after coming up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Must enter PIN promptly after coming up from sleep mode: I press the space bar to wake up Windows 11, the date and time display comes up and I get a box into which to enter my PIN. If I enter the PIN promptly the system comes up fine. However, if I'm not quick enough perhaps two or three minutes the screen goes blank. Pressing the...
  6. Must enter PIN promptly after coming up from sleep mode

Must enter PIN promptly after coming up from sleep mode: I press the space bar to wake up Windows 11, the date and time display comes up and I get a box into which to enter my PIN. If I enter the PIN promptly the system comes up fine. However, if I'm not quick enough perhaps two or three minutes the screen goes blank. Pressing the...
  7. Windows Security Smart Card "Please enter your Pin" prompt is missing box to enter pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Smart Card "Please enter your Pin" prompt is missing box to enter pin: When using Smart Card to log into secured portal we typically get a window that pops up asking for our pin, but after the windows updates that ran 1-12-2022 we now the the window with no box to enter the pin!All windows updates have been run. Can someone please assist with...
  8. Windows Security Smart Card "Please enter your Pin" prompt is missing box to enter pin

Windows Security Smart Card "Please enter your Pin" prompt is missing box to enter pin: When using Smart Card to log into secured portal we typically get a window that pops up asking for our pin, but after the windows updates that ran 1-12-2022 we now the the window with no box to enter the pin!All windows updates have been run. Can someone please assist with...
  9. Windows Security Smart Card "Please enter your Pin" prompt is missing box to enter pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. how to remove "you have entered an incorrect pin several times" prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to remove "you have entered an incorrect pin several times" prompt: Ever since my girlfriend entered the wrong pin several times it asks me to input A1B2C3 along with the prompt "you have entered an incorrect pin several times" does anyone know how to get rid of it?...