Windows 10: New Receiver & Speakers: What can I expect?

Discus and support New Receiver & Speakers: What can I expect? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'll soon be getting a new receiver and speakers. They aren't computer speakers, but more meant for your standard audio equipment. The receiver has 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JOSHSKORN, Nov 29, 2017.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

New Receiver & Speakers: What can I expect?

I'll soon be getting a new receiver and speakers. They aren't computer speakers, but more meant for your standard audio equipment. The receiver has 4 HDMI Inputs and one HDMI Output.

My current setup, my monitor has built-in speakers. I don't really use them, though. Not really pleased with the audio quality, hence I'm upgrading the overall sound experience. I basically use my Logitech G933s for sound.

So my question is, when I plug in my receiver via HDMI, will my computer pick it up or will I have to download drivers so the two talk to each other? What kind of Playback device will i need to use, or is it something that's already a part of Windows 10? I'm going to also plug my XBOX One into the receiver, but I doubt that'll be a problem, considering it's meant for this type of environment and not so much just a PC Monitor.

Here's what I will have in the next couple of days:
    • Receiver: YAMAHA RX-V383 5.1
    • Speakers: KEF Q100 (Pair)

:)

JOSHSKORN, Nov 29, 2017
  2. Leentjjuh Win User

Blue screen of death windows 10 bluetooth speaker

hi, i bought a new laptop a week ago..and when i tested my bluetooth speaker on it, it was perfect, but now (after some updates) it doesnt work anymore.. it keeps crashing everytime i connect my bluetooth speaker it says blueport.sys or something like that

what can i do, help plz

* Moved from Virus & Malware

Leentjjuh, Nov 29, 2017
  3. Speakers don't work. I can hear what I play only using headphones

Hi Dem,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest in Windows 10.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• Do you receive any error message or error code?
    Try to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and the steps are mentioned below:

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type ‘Troubleshooting’ in the search bar and press Enter.

2. Click on ‘View all’ on the left panel of the ‘Troubleshooting’ window.

3. Click on ‘Hardware and Devices' and follow on the screen instruction.

If the issue still persists, follow the link, mentioned below.

Please refer to the link, mentioned below, to fix your issues with speakers:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 29, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Only drivers needed are for HDMI sound thru GPU and that depends on your GPU drivers. Realtek or whichever analog sound is on your MB, can be disabled in BIOS, device manager and/or default switched to HDMI and GPU in Control panel > Sound, in my case it's the first one on top.

New Receiver & Speakers: What can I expect? [​IMG]

CountMike, Nov 29, 2017
  5. JOSHSKORN Win User
    I just got it set up. No audio coming from my computer through the receiver. The video passthrough on the receiver works just fine. When I switch it to another HDMI input, I get video and sound (from XBOX One). So, I've just not configured something correctly on my computer. My video card on my PC is: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0, 26% Cooler and 36% Quieter Cooling Graphics Card 04G-P4-2983-KR.

EDIT: The problem seemed to have fixed itself. The Playback Device: RX-V383-4 was automatically added. Good ole Windows figured it out on its own after several minutes, now to just play with the settings.

JOSHSKORN, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New Receiver & Speakers: What can I expect? - Similar Threads - Receiver Speakers expect

2. "New" Minseweeper is not working as expected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "New" Minseweeper is not working as expected: Hello thereI was playing minesweeper for a long time enjoyed it in most versions so far. On Windows 10 Home with all the latest updates that were available i was playing it mostly in adventure mode. 2-3 days ago it was "upgraded" to a "newer" version. At the first launch of...
  3. "New" Minseweeper is not working as expected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "New" Minseweeper is not working as expected: Hello thereI was playing minesweeper for a long time enjoyed it in most versions so far. On Windows 10 Home with all the latest updates that were available i was playing it mostly in adventure mode. 2-3 days ago it was "upgraded" to a "newer" version. At the first launch of...
  4. i can not receive on outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    i can not receive on outlook: how to receive my outlook messages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-receive-on-outlook/68d319cf-80d0-4eb4-8772-fd7082ab4683
  5. What is the quality of upgrade I can expect from an in place upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the quality of upgrade I can expect from an in place upgrade?: I know the question is a little vague in the title but Im not sure how to ask the question in short any other way. Unabridged: I am a firm believer that a fresh install is the best and cleanest way to go, and typically I like to do a clean install once a year... Ive gone...
  6. reagentc command - output not what I was expecting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    reagentc command - output not what I was expecting: When I run reagentc /info, I get reagentc /info REAGENTC.EXE: A target Windows installation must be specified. If I specify a target then I get this: reagentc /info /target c:\windows Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and system reset configuration Information:...
  7. When can I expect to receive the anniversary edition?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    When can I expect to receive the anniversary edition?: I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, fresh installed August 8, 2015. When can I expect to receive the 1607 anniversary update that began rolling out a month ago? I know it can be manually downloaded, but that's not what I want. Thanks in advance *Smile Cheers René 62594
  8. What issues to expect?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What issues to expect?: I have Win10 Pro (in a VM) that hasn't been updated since last July and hasn't connected to the mothership since then either. If I decide to give it access to the Internet and run an update, what issues should I expect to have? Regards, 77034
  9. What can I expect in Win 10 ...eg Word?

in Windows 10 Support
    What can I expect in Win 10 ...eg Word?: Looking at buying a new computer and of course they all come with Win 10 (I'm a Win 7 devotee ... it's stable and reliable). I believe that only the Pro version allows control over MS updates & in the Home version it's automatic with no control. But what about programs like...
  10. Microsoft Build 2016: What to expect

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Build 2016: What to expect: Here's my watch list for Microsoft's Build 2016 developer conference, based on the session list, tips and hints. Now that Microsoft has published its session list for Build 2016, it's apparent that cloud and IoT are going to be the big themes this year. Microsoft's...