Windows 10: Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome

Discus and support Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome How to Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome You can have Google Chrome remember your passwords... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 4, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome

How to: Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome

How to Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome

You can have Google Chrome remember your passwords for different sites. Whenever you sign in to a website, Chrome asks if you want to save your account info for that site.

If you like, you can export your saved passwords in Chrome to a .csv file to have as a backup.

This tutorial will show you how to export your saved passwords in Google Chrome to a .csv file from within Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Google Chrome.
    2. Click/tap on the Customize and control Google Chrome (More) button
    Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome [​IMG]
    , and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

*note If you like, you could also enter chrome://settings/passwords into the address bar and press Enter to directly open Manage Passwords at step 4.

3. Click/tap on the Passwords link under People. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the More actions
    button to the right of Saved Passwords. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on Export passwords. (see screenshot below)

6. Click/tap on Export passwords to confirm. (see screenshot below)

7. Enter your Windows sign-in credentials to allow this, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

8. Navigate to where you want to save the Chrome Passwords.csv file, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

9. You can now close the Settings tab in Chrome if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 4, 2017
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Google chrome doesn't react

Thank you for that information.

Since you were able to use Google Chrome without any issues using a different Internet connection, there is a possibility that Google Chrome is not responding when connecting to your Internet connection.

For us to isolate and resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1:
    Reset Chrome settings to default

Disclaimer: The Reset Google chrome Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset google chrome Settings
    feature. Resetting Google Chrome isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Step 2: If you are able to open google chrome follow the steps from this

article
    to back up the bookmark.

Try to export the bookmark from google chrome.

Step 3: Reset Windows Update Components.

These are services that Windows Update needs to make sure it's working effectively.

If the issue still persists, don't hesitate to inform us and we'll be happy to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.

Hello Dennis18_Se,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a Local account in sign in to that account?
    2. May I know if your computer is connected to a Domain (organization) network?
    3. Are you able to access websites using other web browsers?

Google Chrome will save login usernames and passwords and will automatically complete the sign-in fields for you the next time you visit the websites. It’s a good security measure added by Chrome.

If you do not want Chrome to ask for your Windows login password when you access, you can either remove the Windows user login password from your account or disable the password manager re-authentication feature in Chrome. To disable the password
    manager re-authentication follow the below method:

• Open Google Chrome browser and type chrome://flags in the address bar and press Enter.
    • You get a list of features available, scroll down to see flag labeled
      Disable Password Manager Re-authentication.
    • Click on the Enable link below its feature description to enable the feature.
    • Click on the button labeled Relaunch Now to restart chrome with new settings.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Export Saved Passwords

2. Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]It has been reported by some users that Google Chrome browser does not remember accounts and login sessions. Simultaneously, it doesn’t save passwords. If you are facing this problem, don’t worry, it’s common – and we have the solution for [...] This post...
  3. Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks: I have version 74.0.3729.157 on my computer, which I wish to temporarily un-install, and then install the latest offering for 64bit systems. The current version may have been compromised. I have reached the bookmark manager, but can not see the option to export the...
  4. Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks: I have version 74.0.3729.157 on my computer, which I wish to temporarily un-install, and then install the latest offering for 64bit systems. I have reached the bookmark manager, but can not see the option to export the bookmarks. If someone has had this problem here, I hope...
  5. Passwords in Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Passwords in Google Chrome: Hello, Making preparations for a new computer, like exporting my bookmarks, how can I export my passwords to transfer them into a new computer to come. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 106140
  6. Password Manager in Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Password Manager in Google Chrome: Hello, Chrome browser stores my passwords in the "Password manager". However, some sites ask me annually or half-annually to change the password. But it is not replaced in the "Password Manager", it keeps the old password, and when I try to open that site, the old password...
  7. Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows By default in Offer to save passwords. When turned on, Google Chrome can remember your passwords for different sites....
  8. Turn On or Off Ask to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Ask to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Turn On or Off Ask to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows How to Turn On or Off Ask to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows You can have Google Chrome remember your passwords for different sites. Whenever you sign in to a website, Chrome asks if...
  9. Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows: How to: Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows How to Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Google Chrome. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar...
  10. Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows How to Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows You can have Google Chrome remember your passwords for different sites. Whenever you sign in to a website, Chrome asks if you want to save your account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. export chome passwords from logindata file