Windows 10: New - Rufus v2.0.639 - Create bootable USB drives

Discus and support New - Rufus v2.0.639 - Create bootable USB drives in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Version 2.0 (2015.03.03) Major UI improvements (improved font, new info field, no separate progress dialog, etc.) Add support for Windows To Go (when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vladimir, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Vladimir Win User

New - Rufus v2.0.639 - Create bootable USB drives

Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

:)

Vladimir, Mar 5, 2015

2. Windows 10 media creation tool can't find USB

Yea. I also think the latest version is broken but there's more then one way to skin this cat

Simple alternate solution: Use the Media Creation Tool to download an ISO file then create the bootable USB drive using Rufus

• Run Rufus
    • Use the pull down menu for “Create a bootable disk using” and set to
      ISO Image
    • Click the DVD icon and browse to the Windows ISO file
    • Make certain Rufus is set to the correct drive letter for the USB drive before you overwrite!
    • Click Start and voila. You have a bootable USB drive you can use

LookinAround, Mar 5, 2015
  3. Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

I downloaded the ISO and created a bootable USB drive by using Rufus and it installed just fine. Thank you Meatwad!

JeremiasGG, Mar 5, 2015
  4. Winuser Win User

thanks! Downloaded and placed in my utilities folder. *Smile

Winuser, Mar 5, 2015
Thema:

1. New - Rufus v2.0.639 - Create bootable USB drives - Similar Threads - Rufus 639 Create

2. Laptop local drive not seen when using ISO bootable USB created with Rufus, but local drive...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop local drive not seen when using ISO bootable USB created with Rufus, but local drive...: I have several laptops & desktops along with volume licensing.On the desktops, my bootable win 10/win11 iso works just fine created with Rufus, I can boot to the USB and install windows on the local drive, no issues. When I use that same USB on several variations of laptops...
  3. Getting error while creating a bootable USB drive using Rufus. Please help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting error while creating a bootable USB drive using Rufus. Please help.: I downloaded the latest available windows 10 iso file using the media creation tool. > Plugged the 32gb drive> Opened Rufus in Admin mode > selected the iso and everything > after a few seconds I'm getting either 1. error: device is already in use by another process or 2....
  4. Rufus latest version forces NTFS creating bootable drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rufus latest version forces NTFS creating bootable drives: Hi folks Watch out if you use Rufus to create bootable drives from ISO's The latest version doesn't give an option to use FAT32 in some cases when creating a UEFI boot drive (or hybrid MBR/UEFI CSM boot). A lot of UEFI computers don't boot NTFS drives -- OK the latest ones...
  5. Creating a bootable USB drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a bootable USB drive: Hi, I was experiencing something unexpected, when trying to create the drive. Maybe you can tell me what went wrong, as I do not understand it. So, I wanted to help a friend reinstall the OS via thumb drive. This should be pretty straightforward. Download the ISO use a...
  6. Unable to make bootable USB Flash Drive with Rufus 3.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to make bootable USB Flash Drive with Rufus 3.1: I don't know why but I am unable to make a bootable USB flash drive with Rufus 3.1. I remember doing it successfully a few years back but now I can't. I've watched several tutorial videos on YouTube, but still, it will not work. When I insert the flash drive into my PC or...
  7. best Rufus-type tool for creating bootable USB with multiple ISOs

best Rufus-type tool for creating bootable USB with multiple ISOs: I'm a happy camper using Rufus to create a bootable USB from just one ISO. Now I have a 32 GB USB 3 thumb drive and I want to install various 3, 4, maybe more rescue disks plus Win 64 1803 on this one thumb drive. What's the best, or what are the best choices? Why? There are...
  8. Testing a Win10 Bootable USB media created with Rufus?

Testing a Win10 Bootable USB media created with Rufus?: I had downloaded the latest Media Creation Tool which is the Windows 10 AU update and downloaded the ISO file. Then, I used Rufus to create a bootable USB flash drive whenever I need to perform a clean re-install of Windows 10 AU. I do not want to install the AU update...
  9. Help in creating Windows 10 Bootable USB /Rufus

Help in creating Windows 10 Bootable USB /Rufus: Hi All, I downloaded Windows 10 via MediaCreation tool and selected Pro x86 and x64 ("Both"). After the download was completed an ISO was created. Then i though of using Rufus but it is giving me error "iso image extraction failure". I used winzip to extract files and see...
  10. Question about using Rufus to create a Bootable USB flash drive

Question about using Rufus to create a Bootable USB flash drive: Hi all, Having had a problem using the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive Ive decided to use the Media Creation Tool to download the Windows 10 ISO and then use Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive. After downloading Rufus onto my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rufus 2.0.639

2. rufus 2.0.639 download

3. Download freeware portable Rufus 2.0.639

4. rufus 2.0 639,
  5. rufus.2.0.639,
  6. New - Rufus v2.0.639 download