Windows 10: New school network

Discus and support New school network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I help out looking after the laptops a a local private school. Simple things like checking updates, and basic care which they otherwise wouldn't get. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by keithjr, Jul 23, 2018.

1. keithjr Win User

New school network

I help out looking after the laptops a a local private school. Simple things like checking updates, and basic care which they otherwise wouldn't get. I usually bring them to my home and login to my own wifi. That's worked just fine until a server was installed at the school. Now with the laptops at home I am confronted with a different password login screen which obviously wont work as I am away from the school network. *Mad

Using Lazesoft on a boot usb stick, I could see the built in Administrator account was locked and disabled, so I freed that up only to find it was using a temporary profile. I then tried to create my own local Admin account (with administrator privileges) only to find that too was a temporary profile.

Any suggestions how to get round this impasse? Please keep it simple as you probably have figured out I don't have much of a clue.

:)

keithjr, Jul 23, 2018

2. How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 23, 2018
  3. billybag Win User
    School's mapped network

ive been trying to connect to my school's network remotely from home. My classmate's don't seem to be having an issue.

first step is to use Pulse Secure to connect to my shcool's VPN and this is successfuly
    using windows "Mapped Networks and Drives" i assign a drive letter and type \\files.al-lab.csus.edu\Groups as instructed. and then i check “Connect using different credentials” like also instructed.

the instructions stress that you must type .\ before your username (i have tried with and without)

but i always get incorrect password

i have also tried the USE NET command with the same results

the username and password is, in fact, correct because it is the same credentials i use to connect with Pulse Secure and the web-based/in browser version of the network

ive also tried refreshing DNS and resetting winsock

billybag, Jul 23, 2018
  4. New school network

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

New school network

1. New school network - Similar Threads - school network

2. Even though I can see my school Wi-Fi network I am unable to connect to it. I have tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Even though I can see my school Wi-Fi network I am unable to connect to it. I have tried...: Even though I can see my school Wi-Fi network I am unable to connect to it. I have tried many times but it still won’t work. What should I do...
  3. Even though I can see my school Wi-Fi network I am unable to connect to it. I have tried...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Even though I can see my school Wi-Fi network I am unable to connect to it. I have tried...: Even though I can see my school Wi-Fi network I am unable to connect to it. I have tried many times but it still won’t work. What should I do...
  4. Even though I can see my school Wi-Fi network I am unable to connect to it. I have tried...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My computer keeps crashing on my school network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps crashing on my school network: I have had this problem for a few months. I frequently get a blue screen with a error code BAD_POOL_CALLER. I have tried to reset my computer en also delete adobe because i was advised to do so on this forum. Here are the new error codes in a zip file on one drive.minidump...
  6. My computer keeps crashing on my school network

My computer keeps crashing on my school network: I have had this problem for a few months. I frequently get a blue screen with a error code BAD_POOL_CALLER. I have tried to reset my computer en also delete adobe because i was advised to do so on this forum. Here are the new error codes in a zip file on one drive.minidump...
  7. Can't see my school's wifi networks even if at home it works just fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see my school's wifi networks even if at home it works just fine.: My wifi doesn't show the wireless networks at school even if at home it works fine. I tried many solutions found here and online. At school it displays just some networks that are not useful. All my colleagues can see all the wifi networks without problems....
  8. Can't see my school's wifi networks even if at home it works just fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see my school's wifi networks even if at home it works just fine.: My wifi doesn't show the wireless networks at school even if at home it works fine. I tried many solutions found here and online. At school it displays just some networks that are not useful. All my colleagues can see all the wifi networks without problems....
  9. Can't see my school's wifi networks even if at home it works just fine.

10. Why does my PC not connect to my school's network properly?

Why does my PC not connect to my school's network properly?: Hello,So my laptop HP Envy is having difficulties connecting to my school's network. I have only owned the laptop since November last year and I find this to be a painful experience, especially going into assessments. It causes frustration for both me and my teachers as most...