Windows 10: New search feature in Settings app shows up in build 9888

Discus and support New search feature in Settings app shows up in build 9888 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A build of Windows 10 leaked earlier today and while there aren't any major new features, if you look deep enough, there are a few differences in this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

New search feature in Settings app shows up in build 9888

Read more...

:)

Brink, Dec 2, 2014
  2. Rustra29 Win User

Cannot install Windows Media Player on Win 10 Pro N -- pulling hair out with exasperation

That was it exactly. Works great now. WMP doesn't show up in the App List for some reason, but a search brings it up now and it functions perfectly.

Thanks!

Rustra29, Dec 2, 2014
  3. is it safe to keep Internet Explorer in Windows 10? and other Questions in description.

I couldn't find internet explorer neither in Windows 10 app list nor in the settings app and features. I searched for it in the search column and it showed up. I opened and its working fine. I realized
    I can't uninstall this out of my system as it doesn't show up in the settings's apps and features list or in the control panel.
    Is it required for the functioning of Edge?

Also how do I transfer favorites from IE to Edge?

AswinShobhan, Dec 2, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

There is also more refined window animations, and the ability to download maps for offline, (at least I couldn't previously)

Allegedly the build is already abandoned, (so my tech buddy says, which is where I got the build)

Edwin, Dec 2, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member
    Actually, there doesn't seem to be any new improvements besides the aforementioned.

Edwin, Dec 2, 2014
  6. Edwin New Member
    I don't think we're even going to see this build, looks like too many things were abandoned!
    Not worth trying to find a trustworthy copy to run.
    Not much to show! *Sad

New search feature in Settings app shows up in build 9888 [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New search feature in Settings app shows up in build 9888 - Similar Threads - search feature Settings

2. Photos app not showing up in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app not showing up in Apps & Features: So basically, Photos was crashing, so I tried to fix it.I wanted to reset the app, but it didn't show up.I wondered why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-not-showing-up-in-apps-features/a10a6cb8-96e1-407d-b18f-eeafaa86f1f7
  3. Photos app not showing up in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app not showing up in Apps & Features: So basically, Photos was crashing, so I tried to fix it.I wanted to reset the app, but it didn't show up.I wondered why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-not-showing-up-in-apps-features/a10a6cb8-96e1-407d-b18f-eeafaa86f1f7
  4. New Build Not Showing Up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Build Not Showing Up.: This message keeps showing up. But I clicked on the “Open Windows Update” button, it didn’t show up. Is there a way to fix this? It’s saying that Build 22623.730 is available, but I cannot seem to receive it as a result of this error message....
  5. New Build Not Showing Up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Build Not Showing Up.: This message keeps showing up. But I clicked on the “Open Windows Update” button, it didn’t show up. Is there a way to fix this? It’s saying that Build 22623.730 is available, but I cannot seem to receive it as a result of this error message....
  6. NO apps show up in "Optional Features"

in Windows 10 Customization
    NO apps show up in "Optional Features": I am running Windows 10 Pro N for Workstations x64 version 20H2. When I try to add the Media Pack, there isn't anything showing up in the list under "Add Features" and I need this media pack. I'm pretty sure that is why Adobe Rush or Premier won't function error code....
  7. Windows search not showing settings or apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search not showing settings or apps: I recently updated to V 2004 and so far I had no issues whatsoever and kept doing what I usually did normally. One day when I booted, I went to search for a specific setting only to discover that nothing showed up except some random files that had the letters I typed in. Even...
  8. Some apps are not showing up in "Apps & Features"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some apps are not showing up in "Apps & Features": For example: When I try to search "911 Operator" in the search bar it won't show it, even though I've got it installed. Does anyone know why that's the case and how I can make it show up?[ATTACH]...
  9. Windows settings are not showing up on search

in Cortana
    Windows settings are not showing up on search: Hello, I just installed win10 today on my new SSD. But there is an issue I am facing on search. On my previous OS, when I search "Disk Management" it doesn't appear. Same for "Adjust ClearType text" and many things. Seeking for help....
  10. Windows 10 build 9888 shows up with a kernel version of 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 9888 shows up with a kernel version of 10: A new version of Windows 10, build 9888, is making the rounds in a private channel and the kernel version has jumped up. In the previous version of Windows 10, the kernel version was 6.4 but thanks to a new leak, it looks like the kernel is now reporting as version 10.0....