Windows 10: New Security Flaw Hits Intel, Laptops this time

Discus and support New Security Flaw Hits Intel, Laptops this time in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/new-security-flaw-hits-intellaptops-this-time.html F-Secure has reported another serious flaw in Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Polo6RGTI, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Polo6RGTI Win User

New Security Flaw Hits Intel, Laptops this time

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/new-security-flaw-hits-intellaptops-this-time.html

:)

Polo6RGTI, Jan 11, 2018

2. latest intel security flaw

Hi, Okay great, thanks for the very informative article.

best regards,

Mj.

Michael Jones70, Jan 11, 2018
  3. latest intel security flaw

Great, thanks for that - I'll look out for the update.

Whilst you're here, I am thinking about replacing my current Pc (2011 model) with a self-build, but because of the furor about the current Intel/Amd/Arm vulnerabilities what, if any, would you recommend as a replacement CPU?

Regards,

Mj.

Michael Jones70, Jan 11, 2018
  4. New Security Flaw Hits Intel, Laptops this time

Just wonderful..When will it end?

Josey Wales, Jan 11, 2018
  5. clam1952 Win User
    Any one seen my Abacus?

clam1952, Jan 11, 2018
  6. PromU Win User
    Haven't seen yours, but dusting off mine now

PromU, Jan 11, 2018
  7. Berton Win User
    I've a couple three Win9x computers from dial-up days in storage, may need to get one out.

Berton, Jan 11, 2018
  8. Bat 1 Win User

Says the attacker would first need physical access *Think If someone with malicious intent has physical access to a PC this prolly wouldn't be the only thing you'd have to worry about.

Bat 1, Jan 11, 2018
  9. OilerNut Win User
    Yeah it's not really a major issue. If your some is able to gain physical access to your device, you have bigger issues.

This isn't even a flaw, there is no bypass of security here.

OilerNut, Jan 12, 2018
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 12, 2018
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Still requires physical access to the laptop. As others have said. Once someone has access to your laptop, no security is valid. I don't see this is as any more serious than any other threats we've been made aware of. If it is, can someone explain how that is so?

Ztruker, Jan 12, 2018
  12. clam1952 Win User
    Misuse of the word physical perhaps when they actually just meant access by any means?

clam1952, Jan 12, 2018
  13. Bat 1 Win User

They'd actually need to cold boot or reboot into bios to change the default password. After that they would also "most likely" need to be connected to the same network, though remote access "may" be possible. Really not anything Joe Public needs to worry about, only IT System Admins.

Bat 1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New Security Flaw Hits Intel, Laptops this time - Similar Threads - Security Flaw Hits

2. OneDrive Personal Vault Security Flaw

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Personal Vault Security Flaw: There is a workaround for accessing the files supposedly secured in your personal vault that I accidentally discovered while tinkering around on my file explorer. By changing the View settings on the file explorer like so: Select View > Options > Change folder and search...
  3. Intel UHD Graphics 620 Has a Major Flaw in my Laptop...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel UHD Graphics 620 Has a Major Flaw in my Laptop...: Hello! I'm back with a big problem. I was using an emulator for Sega Dreamcast games, but the dang thing stopped working in 2019 due to a "driver update." It turns out that the driver has a problem. I believe that it does not support OpenGL and DirectX 12 Ultimate, which...
  4. Zoom flaw and security

in Windows 10 Customization
    Zoom flaw and security: Using Zoom, I wanted to protect my computer and verify my local security policy; but I don't have it. Is it because I use a Home version? How can I protect my computer from the flaw they talked about from Zoom? Thank you!...
  5. Windows 10 security flaw?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 security flaw?: There are a whole ton of weird articles saying the NSA informed microsoft about a serious security flaw in windows 10 that I don't particularly think it's true. I would like conformation on whether or not it's true Thanks in advance...
  6. Windows 10 security flaws

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 security flaws: Hi, This is Agnivesh This is a major security flaw with Microsoft windows 10 pro . I had actually forgotten my windows account password.I wanted to crack and make a new account on my laptop.I had tried a bunch of ways to crack the OS but none was proved...
  7. Windows 10 security flaw

Windows 10 security flaw: My brother sometimes uses my computer and I once deleted his account cause I thought he wouldn't need it, but he once wanted to use it and he didn't know my password and he created an account on his own. I do know that he has a flash drive that can bypass the password or...
  8. Multiple new Intel CPU flaws revealed

in Windows 10 News
    Multiple new Intel CPU flaws revealed: In addition to four well-known Intel processor/chipset vulnerabilities Intel Product Security Center (IME) Intel Product Security Center (IME) Meltdown and Spectre (Meltdown/Spectre) eight new vulnerabilities have been discovered: Exclusive: Spectre-NG - Multiple new Intel...
  9. Unfixable security flaw in Secure Boot ??

Unfixable security flaw in Secure Boot ??: This guy writes about security issues. Windows Secure Boot: Insecure by design and mostly likely cant be fixed | Network World 59744
  10. All windows affected by Security Flaw

in Windows 10 News
    All windows affected by Security Flaw: All versions of Windows affected by critical security flaw | ZDNet 26337