Windows 10: New service aims to follow users across multiple devices...A Primer...

Discus and support New service aims to follow users across multiple devices...A Primer... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Saw this today and had to take a break from my sabbatical...... NEW YORK (AP) — Some 60 companies including such leading brands as Subway,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Anak, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Anak Win User

New service aims to follow users across multiple devices...A Primer...

Saw this today and had to take a break from my sabbatical......

All companies in the initiative are listed on Adobe’s website, a break from some companies’ practice of referring only to unspecified partners.

“We’re doing everything we can not letting brands hide themselves,” Ahuja said.

But in taking an opt-out approach, which is common in the industry, Adobe assumes that users consent. And it places the burden on consumers to learn about this initiative and to figure out how they can opt out of it.

https://New service aims to follow users across multiple devices | apnews.com/ Clicking on the second link in the quoted article: consumers a chance to opt out will take you to the Adobe site but as far as I could tell; There was no way to opt-out of anything, at best you can check to see if you have any connected devices.

I decided to investigate. To paraphrase:
    Allow me to lighten that burden; Go here: Adobe.com opt-out page | Adobe - Privacy Policy Scrolling down about half way you'll see a blue oval to set your preferences, it'll take you to an all on or off adobe page that seems to work, you'll see what I mean if you try it. But before you go there scroll down more to set more opt-outs.

To further your adventure click on the see more companies link above Apply Changes select all and wait a minute and you should see a new page open, I say a minute because if you don't it'll look like some check boxes weren't changed to opted-out. Then it'll say:
    Now for the pièce de résistance... When you're finished there go back to where you clicked on the see more companies link and click on Evidon Discover more. When there point to Resources >Look to the right for Privacy Controls >Global Consent Preferences, click on that. To the right of the .dB click on the blue Opt-out all button let it work and you should see a pop-up working then saying it changed 192 out of 193 sites, but wait; Looking at the .dB there are 778 entries and Evidon only allows 25 per page so that's what? 31.12 clicks to check and see if the 193 are correctly changed.

Oh, if you find you can't get rid if the 193 pop-up, refresh the page.

And it gets better, here's what I found for two sites:
    • cop.evidon.com/companies/marketgid-usa didn't have either an opt-out box or go to site link. page series 176-200
    • cop.evidon.com/companies/xad (aka GroundTruth) had a box to click but it wouldn't take my click cmd to opt-out. on page series 326-350. I believe that's the 1 out of 193 that wouldn't flip.

If you've gotten this far I thank you and appreciate the effort it took to get this far, it took me about two hours to navigate these four sites and if Adobe thinks they made the opt-out process easier *really , I'll kiss their butt because this
    is either an outright lie or their not ready yet and the article beat them to it.

And don't forget:
    If you're a user that appreciates ads you don't have to do anything, but at least you'll know what's going on and how to get there.

:)

2. Calendar Appointments 8 hours Early for Recurring Meetings on WM6 & WM5 Phones using Windows Mobile Device Center

DiveDr said:
    I have had problems with both but the work around fixed them all. The other thing you can do is to set up multiple user profiles one for ActiveStync and one for your hotmail MAPI accounts. I do wish Microsoft would fix this though!

By multiple users, do you mean as users on a machine or users in outlook? Do you have a quick minute to post a primer on how to do so?

Mr. Gadget, Mar 28, 2018
  3. Windows Security Center Missing From Services Windows 10 64 Bit

Hi All,

I'm having the unable to start security center message and have tried to follow multiple threads on here but none seem to aimed at Windows 10 so are a little difficult to follow.

In 'Services' the Security Center is not listed so i'm really stuck as to what to do now?

AndieMcCallum, Mar 28, 2018
Thema:

New service aims to follow users across multiple devices...A Primer...

1. New service aims to follow users across multiple devices...A Primer... - Similar Threads - service aims follow

2. Spell check not working for a single user, across multiple PC's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spell check not working for a single user, across multiple PC's: I have 1 user who no matter which machine windows 10 / 11 they don't have a spell check. the issue is unique to this single user as all other users around 20 work fine. Users that have been created both before and after her profile was created work fine and and brand new...
  3. Random screen locking following user across multiple devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random screen locking following user across multiple devices: I have a user on Windows 10 that is experiencing random screen locking issues. He has been given multiple loaner devices that are all doing the same thing. When we log into his machine, the issue does not replicate for us - only for him and on any machine he logs into. He...
  4. Random screen locking following user across multiple devices

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random screen locking following user across multiple devices: I have a user on Windows 10 that is experiencing random screen locking issues. He has been given multiple loaner devices that are all doing the same thing. When we log into his machine, the issue does not replicate for us - only for him and on any machine he logs into. He...
  5. Random screen locking following user across multiple devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. yahoo mail across multiple devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yahoo mail across multiple devices: I have a laptop, iPhone and iPad and want to link all of them to the same yahoo account. How do I do that? I keep getting password errors on each of them....
  7. Location Services Wrong Across All my Devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location Services Wrong Across All my Devices: Let me say up front, I've been troubleshooting this for a while. This is NOT a "Set your Default Location" issue. I moved to Oklahoma from Hawaii last summer. Since then both my HP desktop all-in-one and my Surface Pro, both running updated Windows 10, think I'm still in...
  8. The MessagingService_1e2d55f service terminated with the following error: The device is...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The MessagingService_1e2d55f service terminated with the following error: The device is...: I am searching through my event viewer for errors and warnings. it is a new computer to me with all recent windows 10 updates Some I have found to be normal according to forums. This error seems to occur every time I log on, when the service tries to load using the program...
  9. Who else uses w10 across multiple devices?

in Windows 10 Support
    Who else uses w10 across multiple devices?: I use w10 on 3 devices, a mid range gaming PC, linx7 tablet, and lumia640. On the whole the experience is pretty good, syncing works well, reminders, alarms, contacts etc. This was one of the reasons I opted for android early, using chrome on a PC gave a similar, yet skimmed...
  10. Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based)

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based): Hi all Just wondering if its possible to make multiple devices desktops look the same. For example if you change your desktop on your PC it could be made to automatically change on your other devices. Regards Josh 11725