Windows 10: new start menu

Discus and support new start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i dont like the new start menu. i expect to see the full munu when i click the start button but now only see the tiles and have to click the hamburger... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jamos316, May 20, 2015.

1. jamos316 Win User

new start menu

i dont like the new start menu. i expect to see the full munu when i click the start button but now only see the tiles and have to click the hamburger bar to get the menu up

:)

jamos316, May 20, 2015

2. The New Start Menu

The new start Menu in Windows 10 "1607" can't be changed unless you use a third party App such as Start 10 or Classic Shell. As for stopping Automatic Updates, if running Windows 10 Home you are limited to Changing your Active hours setting as needed and/or changing
    your connection to metered, upgrading to Windows 10 Pro and using gpedit to change updates to agree more with what you want. There are several improvements to controlling Mandatory Updates/upgrades coming with the release of the next build in April, but they will
    not apply to the Home version.

Hope this helps and if you need any further assistance post and we will be glad to help you.

The above opinion is mine and mine alone and doesn't necessarily reflect that of Microsoft, it's employees, or any other member of this forum.

"When we try and pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

SilverBack70, May 20, 2015
  3. New start menu

Hello Ronnie,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

A quick question before we proceed:

What happened when you press the Windows key? Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to use the Windows key on the keyboard and check if you are able to access the Start Menu.

Reply with the necessary information to help you better.

Anju Thekkethil, May 20, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

new start menu

BunnyJ, May 20, 2015
  5. jamos316 Win User
    jamos316, May 20, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    That's a known issue and it's going to be fixed by the RTM.

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

new start menu

1. new start menu - Similar Threads - start menu

2. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  3. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  4. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?: I'm a log time user of Windows 10. Every 3 months approximately over the last 4 or 5 years, two things happen:1 I click on the Start menu and nothing appears.This next bit is predictable and always happens next...2 After a reboot, all my pinned start bar items have...
  6. Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?

Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?: I'm a log time user of Windows 10. Every 3 months approximately over the last 4 or 5 years, two things happen:1 I click on the Start menu and nothing appears.This next bit is predictable and always happens next...2 After a reboot, all my pinned start bar items have...
  7. Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?

8. How to turn off App Promotions in Windows 11's Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off App Promotions in Windows 11's Start Menu: Starting next month and available as a preview right now, Windows 11's Start Menu will show promotions for certain apps. This time, advertised apps will show up in the recommended section of the Start Menu of the operating system. The new placement complements the...
  9. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  10. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...