Windows 10: New Sticky Notes after big Aug auto update

Discus and support New Sticky Notes after big Aug auto update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The major update has replaced the older version of Sticky Notes with a new one that incorporates interacting with Cortana (which I could care less... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ed Y, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Ed Y Win User

New Sticky Notes after big Aug auto update

The major update has replaced the older version of Sticky Notes with a new one that incorporates interacting with Cortana (which I could care less about). However the size of each note is huge (about 4" x 4" on my monitor) and won't reduce any smaller.

Does anyone know if it's possible to change this size so it's smaller??

I did find the old version of StikyNotes.exe in the System 32 folder under Windows.old. Copied it to another location and ran it. It shows my notes in the much smaller display BUT I can add more notes using it but can't delete them so this makes the older version kinda unusable.

Any options here?

:)

Ed Y, Aug 9, 2016

2. After Windows 10 Anniversary update released in Aug 2016, Sticky Notes is missing

Hi,

I recently updated my windows 10 to Anniversary update Aug 2016 and after an update I am unable to see Sticky notes in my system.

I searched in whole computer but didn't get Sticky notes application either in start menu or in windows folder.

Please suggest .

ItsAnkitDubey, Aug 9, 2016
  3. JRMerrick Win User
    Lost my Sticky Notes after I installed new updates

June 2017. Lost Sticky notes and sticky notes app not functioning after the big June 2017 W10 update. Also caused rebuild of my RAID drive and was very time consuming as a result.

JRMerrick, Aug 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

There seem to be several Sticky notes apps.. might one of them suit better?

dalchina, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

1. New Sticky Notes after big Aug auto update - Similar Threads - Sticky Notes big

2. Sticky Notes Note Updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes Note Updating: I had to recently get a new computer for work that could support Windows 11 due to more of the companies software we use updating to Windows 11. I have attempted to open up sticky notes multiple times, but everytime I have opened up sticky notes, it get's stuck on a window...
  3. Sticky Notes Note Updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes Note Updating: I had to recently get a new computer for work that could support Windows 11 due to more of the companies software we use updating to Windows 11. I have attempted to open up sticky notes multiple times, but everytime I have opened up sticky notes, it get's stuck on a window...
  4. Sticky notes: Only new note

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky notes: Only new note: Hi,tried to find anything on this without success.What I want is simply: when I open Sticky Notes selecting "New note", I would only like to see a blank new note.However, I always get at least the last - that is, the previous - note opened to my desktop. If I close the...
  5. Sticky notes: Only new note

Sticky notes: Only new note: Hi,tried to find anything on this without success.What I want is simply: when I open Sticky Notes selecting "New note", I would only like to see a blank new note.However, I always get at least the last - that is, the previous - note opened to my desktop. If I close the...
  6. Sticky Notes auto-backspaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes auto-backspaces: When I press enter to begin a new line in a Sticky Note, it auto-erases on me and returns back to the previous line as if I never pressed enter. I could hit enter multiple times and paste a URL and it still pastes the URL beside the previous line.For example...
  7. Sticky Notes after last update

Sticky Notes after last update: Hi. So today I updated my Windows and turns out it was a bad idea. I use a lot of Sticky Notes and they were badly affected. Before the update, I could just double-click the icon and all the notes would minimalize. Now, I do just that - and this abomination appears:...
  8. Auto-Deleted Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto-Deleted Sticky Notes: Hi, my sticky notes are being deleted one by one by the system ever since I updated to the latest Windows version. And yes, it wasn't a mistake. I didn't accidentally close/delete the sticky notes by myself. It just randomly disappear by its own every time I turn on the...
  9. Sticky Notes Formatting Shortcuts Gone & Sticky Notes Doesn't Always Auto-Launch after...

Sticky Notes Formatting Shortcuts Gone & Sticky Notes Doesn't Always Auto-Launch after...: Greetings, There used to be handy shortcut buttons for applying basic formatting to Sticky Notes (bold, underline, etc). I first noticed these buttons were missing from the bottom of the Sticky Notes window about the time I updated to Windows 10 version 1903. I'm aware...
  10. UPDATE OLD STICKY NOTES TO NEW STICKY NOTES

UPDATE OLD STICKY NOTES TO NEW STICKY NOTES: HOW DOW I UPDATE OLD STICKY NOTES TO NEW STICKY NOTES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-old-sticky-notes-to-new-sticky-notes/62700545-b239-49ff-a9c3-a43ce1e4435a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run StikyNotes.exe