Windows 10: New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Update - July 20, 2017

Discus and support New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Update - July 20, 2017 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The following updates are only available for Surface Pro 4 devices: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Marvell Semiconductor, Inc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Update - July 20, 2017

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 update history | Surface firmware updates

See also:

Update: Update for the Surface Pro 4 - Surface Management Engine

:)

Brink, Jul 20, 2017
  2. OU812ZX Win User

What Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 15e means ?

I got the same thing on 7/15/2017

I think I only had edge open and a command prompt but I could be wrong.

the only thing I know that changed was the july 13 firmware update

for the new surface pro. so far it has only happened once.

OU812ZX, Jul 20, 2017
  3. Hello feature in Windows is not working

Matthew,

Your Surface Pro 4 is affected by the TPM Vulnerability. If you look at the
    ADV170012 Advisory in the heading “Recommended Actions” you will see a reference to your Surface Pro in section #4, it is quoted below.

“4. Apply applicable firmware updates

If your hardware is a Surface device, firmware updates are yet not available as of October 10, 2017. Microsoft is working to make firmware updates available for following affected devices and will provide links to the updates when they become available.

Surface Book

Surface Pro 3

Surface Pro 4

Surface Studio

Surface Hub”

Is your camera completely not working or just not working with Windows Hello?
    If it is not functional with Windows Hello only I suspect that the problem is with the TPM.

Try using the tpm.msc command in search window.

Charlie_260, Jul 20, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

dencal, Jul 20, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Update: Microsoft has now released the update history.

Brink, Jul 23, 2017
  6. Mikedyce Win User
    Haven't seen this update - is it for all Surface Pro 4's? I have the new one (2017).

Mike.

Mikedyce, Jul 24, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Mike, *Smile

That's correct. It's for all "Surface Pro 4" devices via Windows Update.

Brink, Jul 24, 2017
  8. Mikedyce Win User

Thanks Brink.
    Still no sign of these firmware updates though - maybe they don't apply to the new (2017) SP? I have the i7/16gb/512gb version, running latest WU 1703/483.
    Mike

Mikedyce, Jul 25, 2017
  9. dencal Win User
    It would appear that you have the new Surface Pro.....for a reason known only to M$ they decided not to update it to number 5.....but to leave out the number altogether.
    Very confusing.

dencal, Jul 25, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 25, 2017
  11. dencal Win User
    Hi Shawn.
    I think it might be advisable to remove the "New" from the title.
    Just call it Surface Pro 4 to avoid the confusion.

dencal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Update - July 20, 2017 - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Firmware

2. New Surface Laptop Firmware Update - July 24, 2017

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Laptop Firmware Update - July 24, 2017: Cumulative and current firmware and drivers for the Surface Laptop. This firmware and driver package contains drivers for all of the components in the Surface Laptop, as well as updates to the system firmware that have been released via Windows Update. These drivers and...
  3. New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Update - August 2, 2017

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Update - August 2, 2017: The following updates are available for all Surface Pro 4 devices, reboot is required to finalize installation. Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Surface – System – 1.0.75.1 Surface Camera Windows Hello 1.0.75.1 resolves Windows Hello experience error....
  4. New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Update - May 25, 2017

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Update - May 25, 2017: Microsoft released a new firmware update via Windows Update for the Surface Pro 4 on May 25th 2017. Today we’ve released updated drivers for the Surface Pro 4. These include the Surface System Aggregator Firmware, Intel(R) Precise Touch Device, and Surface Integration...
  5. New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Updates - Oct. 11th 2017

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Updates - Oct. 11th 2017: October 11 release The following updates are delivered to Surface Pro 4 devices on Windows 10: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Surface driver update for Surface Embedded Controller Firmware – System – 3.0.0.0 Surface Embedded Controller Firmware –...
  6. New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Updates - Sept. 21st 2017

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Updates - Sept. 21st 2017: Microsoft has released new drivers and firmware for the Surface Pro 4 via Windows Update. Release notes not available from Microsoft yet. Direct download link: Download Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center [img] 94789
  7. New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Updates - Sept. 14th 2017

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Updates - Sept. 14th 2017: September 2017 updates September 14 release The following updates are delivered to Surface Pro 4 devices on Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607 or later, that attach the new Surface Pro Type Cover and the Surface Pro Signature Type Covers: Windows Update History Name...
  8. New Surface Pro (newest) Firmware Update - July 24, 2017

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro (newest) Firmware Update - July 24, 2017: Cumulative and current firmware and drivers for the Surface Pro. This firmware and driver package contains drivers for all of the components in the Surface Pro, as well as updates to the system firmware that have been released via Windows Update. These drivers and firmware...
  9. New Surface Pro Firmware Update - July 13, 2017

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro Firmware Update - July 13, 2017: Today we've released a Surface System Aggregator firmware update for the Surface Pro. This firmware update revises system power reporting. For Surface Pro, the updates are available in MSI format from the Surface Pro Drivers and Firmware page in the Microsoft Download...
  10. New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Update - July 11, 2017

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Update - July 11, 2017: Today we've released an updated Surface Type Cover Filter Device driver for the Surface Pro 4. This update provides support for the new Surface Pro Type Cover and the Surface Pro Signature Type Cover. For Surface Pro 4, the updates are available in MSI and ZIP format from...