Windows 10: "New tab" in Internet Explorer 11 - How to remove icon on tab

Discus and support "New tab" in Internet Explorer 11 - How to remove icon on tab in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there any way to remove the icon from the "New tab" tab...? It was apparently added to IE 11 with the Windows 10 Pro Creators Update... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TravelMan, Apr 14, 2017.

1. TravelMan Win User

"New tab" in Internet Explorer 11 - How to remove icon on tab

Is there any way to remove the icon from the "New tab" tab...?

It was apparently added to IE 11 with the Windows 10 Pro Creators Update (1703/15063.138).

The plain tab was just fine...

:)

TravelMan, Apr 14, 2017
  2. Aljacks Win User

Using Windows 10 File Explorer

I'm using the new Windows 10 software and am trying to access the help icon from the File Explorer tab. But every time I click on the tab, a new window pops up in Internet Explorer. My question is, How can I get the "Windows Support Center" tab to pop
    up as a small box when I click on the help icon instead of opening up a whole new window in Internet Explorer?

Aljacks, Apr 14, 2017
  3. Internet Explorer 11 64-bit for Windows 10

In Task Manager, you're looking at the Applications tab not the Processes tab.

Try the Processes tab.

Don

Don Varnau, Apr 14, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 14, 2017
  5. TravelMan Win User
    I saw your tutorial (thank you) and removed the "Open Microsoft Edge" tab earlier.

The tab I am referring to is named "New tab" (Ctrl+T) and has some icon on it, the most recent version was just a blank tab (without the icon).

Any suggestions...?

TravelMan, Apr 14, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm not aware of a way to remove the icon from the new tab button yet. *Sad

Brink, Apr 14, 2017
  7. TravelMan Win User
    Thanks, Brink, good to know, the seed is planted...

TravelMan, Apr 14, 2017
  8. gudguy1a Win User

Travelman, if you have not got it fixed yet, go to this link:
    ===== [Windows 10 Tip] Remove Button from Tab Bar in Internet Explorer - AskVG
    It took care of that dang ANNOYING microsoft sneak crap...!!!!!!
    At least microsoft put in an option to turn it off in the internet options advanced tab....
    And I didn't want that friggin' creator crap turned on, which is what installed that edge tab button.
    I had taken my laptop to geek squad & and I think they did it - OR ELSE it was of microsoft's sneak install, to force us all to get to the creator software.
    --- Now I need to go turn it off on my other pc's, here and at work.
    Am I steamed....???? Oh yeah.... Now I'm wondering what else they (microsoft) snuck in with creator update...

gudguy1a, Jun 20, 2017
  9. TravelMan Win User
    Gudguy, please see items #2 and #3....

TravelMan, Jun 20, 2017
  10. gudguy1a Win User
    Hey there, not a problem.
    But that was the fix for what we got after that blasted 'windows creator' update. I
    also had that new blank tab AND a new tab with that friggin' 'e' icon on it.
    The link I provided (and the link in #3 as I just looked at it) gives what I thought was the tip for you to modify the browser tab setting and 'removed' that new tab with a letter on it.
    Now, I just have a new 'blank' tab to select from - that was what you were looking for correct?
    Or does it have to do with the star burst in the upper right corner of that new blank tab...?

gudguy1a, Jun 20, 2017
  11. TravelMan Win User
    Yes, it's the "star burst" that I would like to remove...

TravelMan, Jun 20, 2017
  12. gudguy1a Win User
    yeah, that is kinda annoying but I think you might be out of luck on that. sorry - microsoft....

gudguy1a, Jun 20, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

Actually, I've currently got 1511 running on my test machine and can check that. The same icon is on the New Tab, but it only shows when you hover the mouse over it.

14. Edwin New Member
    In System32 folder, you will need to open "ieframe.dll" with Res Hacker and replace the 31062 icon with a blank icon.

"New tab" in Internet Explorer 11 - How to remove icon on tab [​IMG]

"New tab" in Internet Explorer 11 - How to remove icon on tab [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 20, 2017
  15. gudguy1a Win User
    Bree, interesting. For me, it is always there.

gudguy1a, Jun 20, 2017
Thema:

1. "New tab" in Internet Explorer 11 - How to remove icon on tab - Similar Threads - tab Internet Explorer

2. Tabs in the Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabs in the Explorer: If I select something in settings or something opens a folder in explorer, it opens in a new window instead of a new tab. Is there any way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabs-in-the-explorer/6dde226b-2137-4e08-b465-c93c462d4bd9
  3. Tabs in the Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tabs in the Explorer: If I select something in settings or something opens a folder in explorer, it opens in a new window instead of a new tab. Is there any way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabs-in-the-explorer/6dde226b-2137-4e08-b465-c93c462d4bd9
  4. How to drag Explorer Tab to a New window in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to drag Explorer Tab to a New window in Windows 11: [IMG]The Tabs feature is now available in File Explorer. You can use Tabs in File Explorer to open multiple folders and drives on separate tabs in a single window, copy files and folders between tabs, switch between opened tabs, rearrange tabs, and more. This feature is...
  5. How to get New tab from current Directory Behavior in Windows Explorer Tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get New tab from current Directory Behavior in Windows Explorer Tabs: So, when i am browsing through a directory in explorer :- and i open a new tab :-i get to This PC. i want to open a new tab that is also showing the same directory as the previous tab...
  6. How to get New tab from current Directory Behavior in Windows Explorer Tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get New tab from current Directory Behavior in Windows Explorer Tabs: So, when i am browsing through a directory in explorer :- and i open a new tab :-i get to This PC. i want to open a new tab that is also showing the same directory as the previous tab...
  7. new tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    new tab: how do I remove the new tab from window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/new-tab/df5a086a-8222-40fb-8652-4cb18823ba1c
  8. Internet Explorer "New tab" shortcut (CTRL+S) not working

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer "New tab" shortcut (CTRL+S) not working: It was working before on W8.1 and now it seems like it's the only shortcut that doesn't work. I have noticed this shortcut (CTRL+S) is also bound to "Save as...", I'm not sure if this was the case in W8.1 but it worked fine then. Any help would be appreciated. 20958
  9. Huge tabs in internet explorer, edge and chrome have normal sized tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Huge tabs in internet explorer, edge and chrome have normal sized tabs: Hi guys! We're having an issue with a laptop computer connected to an external screen where the tabs in internet explorer are huge compared to the other browsers. When not connected to an external screen there is no problem with huge tabs. Please see attached screenshot,...
  10. Add or Remove Open Microsoft Edge Tab Button in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Open Microsoft Edge Tab Button in Internet Explorer: How to: Add or Remove Open Microsoft Edge Tab Button in Internet Explorer How to Add or Remove Open Microsoft Edge Tab Button in Internet Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 build 15002, a new Open Microsoft Edge button has been added to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ie 11 new tab icon

2. internet explorer 11 new tab icon