Windows 10: New tab Microsoft Edge crash Fix

Discus and support New tab Microsoft Edge crash Fix in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Guys, I wanted to share a recent experience I've had with edge crashing when it was opening a new tab itself or when I opened a new tab manually.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by GamerwGlasses, Aug 19, 2015.

1. New tab Microsoft Edge crash Fix

Guys,

I wanted to share a recent experience I've had with edge crashing when it was opening a new tab itself or when I opened a new tab manually. When it would do this, edge would crash. The incident did not affect Internet Explorer 11.

I used a program called Privazer to run through it's cleaning procedure. Of which, compacted a file called WebCacheV01.dat located in C:\Users\*Account Name*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache.

I chose not to install but instead run it.

When it was done, I was able to open new tabs again.

Thought I'd share if it helps anyone else.

:)

GamerwGlasses, Aug 19, 2015
  2. Pecadony Win User

New tabs in Microsoft Edge

I don't find that option. It's only a click that says, "", not the choice between tab or window. Any thoughts? I want WINDOW, not tab.

Pecadony, Aug 19, 2015
  3. zaqxsw11 Win User
    New tabs in Microsoft Edge

If I click on new TAB, that is what I want to come into focus. Why is there an issue? I choose to create a new tab for whatever reason (link, etc.). Open in focus!!! What is this team thinking???

zaqxsw11, Aug 19, 2015
  4. New tab Microsoft Edge crash Fix

Well I should put my foot into my mouth. Unfortunately, the issue game back. Treid using privazer again and deleted webcache01.dat and now it closes when I press the new tab button. So I'm on the hunt with no viable solution yet.

GamerwGlasses, Sep 24, 2015
  5. I got the new tab to open. The last step on this website: How To Fix Microsoft Edge Crashing Issues - Teradatariver did it for me. I think it would be better to have edge to have it's own settings rather than use Internet Explorer settings. I did a restore advanced settings and it worked.

GamerwGlasses, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New tab Microsoft Edge crash Fix

1. New tab Microsoft Edge crash Fix - Similar Threads - tab Microsoft Edge

2. Microsoft Edge - IE "Mode" or Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge - IE "Mode" or Tab: My company uses several legacy websites and I'd like to use them using the recently enable IE "mode" in Microsoft Edge. However, I cannot seem to find any guides for doing this. The YouTube video Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer Mode - PRE09 is helpful in regards to...
  3. switch to new tab when opened in edge

in Browsers and Email
    switch to new tab when opened in edge: How do you make Edge display the contents of a new tab that you have downloaded by right clicking link? The tab is there after the right click but do I have to click on the tab, or can I set it to open automatically, if so How? 34640
  4. Problem with the searches on an blank tab of Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with the searches on an blank tab of Microsoft Edge: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, when I open a new blank tab in Microsoft Edge and I write on it any word and I press Enter, the browser tries to load the http://<searched_word> page rather than performing a search with the default search engine. Why? Thanks Bye 32434
  5. Ms edge new tab page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge new tab page.: In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this. Henry Attachment 95508 59826
  6. Microsoft Edge crash

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge crash: When I open Edge it will come on line to my home page, flick off once, come back on and then go off totally and returns to my desktop. Is there a way to re-install Edge? Firefox and Internet Explorer work fine. I have changed my default browser and that didn't help. Numerous...
  7. Set Tabs Aside in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Tabs Aside in Microsoft Edge: how to is disable this? 73576
  8. Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge: This doesn't work in Edge 40 (CU). I would really like to turn off the entire 'down arrow tab preview' guff. I hit it by accident when going for the new tab sometimes. TIA. 59159
  9. Change what New Tabs in Microsoft Edge Open with

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change what New Tabs in Microsoft Edge Open with: I want to open a new tab to my home page. Any way to accomplish that? 7647
  10. Windows 10 build 10120: Microsoft introduces a 'new tab' page for Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 10120: Microsoft introduces a 'new tab' page for Edge: [img] Leading up to its release this summer, Microsoft is feverishly working to complete Edge (previously called Project Spartan), the next-generation browser in Windows 10. In the latest Windows 10 build, 10120, Microsoft has started to refine the 'new tab' page. As...