Windows 10: new taskbar icon

Discus and support new taskbar icon in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just noticed that the windows store icon in the taskbar has gotten a face change. Now it's a shopping bag with 4 color squares of old. 96600 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Plankton, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Plankton Win User

new taskbar icon

I just noticed that the windows store icon in the taskbar has gotten a face change. Now it's a shopping bag with 4 color squares of old.

:)

Plankton, Oct 26, 2017
  2. CJS849 Win User

My Windows 10 taskbar will not lock since the new Creators update.

My Windows 10 Home ver. 1703 build 15063.413 is showing issues. The taskbar will not lock since the new Creators update. The taskbar retains the toolbars and icons, but not the placement. I use a two level set of icons per toolbar to save space.
    I have tried unlocking the taskbar, manually fixing the taskbar, locking the taskbar and signing out then signing back on to save the new settings to my desktop. In the past this has reset and saved settings to a new configuration, but not this time.

How do I fix this??? TIA

CJS849, Oct 26, 2017
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Unwanted icons on task bar

Or... Because you are wanting to remove icons from the
    Taskbar, not the Desktop...

- R/click on the Taskbar and click on Settings.

- Go to Notification Area and click on Turn System Icons On/off, and Select Which Icons Appear on Taskbar.

(Personally, I keep a Control Panel shortcut on the Taskbar. It can be handier to use the old Control Panel

vs the new Settings for some things. )

BossDweeb, Oct 26, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

new taskbar icon

Yup!
    That would be the New Microsoft Store instead of just Store.

new taskbar icon [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 27, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    Now I'm missing 3 apps. Well the tiles are there with the downward arrow. 2 look like they were games and the 3rd one I'm not sure about. So I just removed them from the start menu.

Plankton, Oct 27, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    It's the new Store icon and seems to have a bug - see New Store App Bug

Steve C, Oct 27, 2017
  7. BRU
    bru Win User
    My Store icon has not changed on one computer. What to do?

Thema:

new taskbar icon

1. new taskbar icon - Similar Threads - taskbar icon

2. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  3. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  4. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...: Hi Team,I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have already tried the troubleshooting mention here where as there is no resolution yet, Please guide.Thanks & Regards,Debalina Das...
  6. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...: Hi Team,I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have already tried the troubleshooting mention here where as there is no resolution yet, Please guide.Thanks & Regards,Debalina Das...
  7. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. all network, airplane and bluetooth icons are missing on my taskbar menu windows 11 also my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all network, airplane and bluetooth icons are missing on my taskbar menu windows 11 also my...: One day I opened desktop to see that all some of the icons are missing when I click the bottom right corner of my taskbar with the ethernet and sound iconsMy network controller shows an error code of 28 and my bluetooth adapter shows an error code of 43, I have no access to...
  9. all network, airplane and bluetooth icons are missing on my taskbar menu windows 11 also my...

all network, airplane and bluetooth icons are missing on my taskbar menu windows 11 also my...: One day I opened desktop to see that all some of the icons are missing when I click the bottom right corner of my taskbar with the ethernet and sound iconsMy network controller shows an error code of 28 and my bluetooth adapter shows an error code of 43, I have no access to...
  10. How do I remove the news icon from taskbar

How do I remove the news icon from taskbar: So, I continually remove the news icon from windows taskbar. Every week or so, it pops back.Now, I cannot remove it from the taskbar. Right click no resultOther taskbar icons, I can remove, add, whatever.The Microsoft news icon will not allow me to remove it.Please...