Windows 10: New third-party extension lets you continue web browsing on any Windows 10 PC

Discus and support New third-party extension lets you continue web browsing on any Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With the release of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update in 2017, Microsoft added a new feature called Continue on PC. This allows users to resume web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 15, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

New third-party extension lets you continue web browsing on any Windows 10 PC

With the release of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update in 2017, Microsoft added a new feature called Continue on PC. This allows users to resume web browsing and other sessions on PC from where you left off on your smartphone. In simple words, you can forward activities such as websites, searches and articles to instantly open on your PC.

The feature works best with Microsoft services. For example, you can download Edge browse on your Android and resume web browsing on your PC.

A developer has coded a new extension that adds support for both Windows 10 Timeline and Continue on PC to Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

Now the developer, Domonic Maas, has progressed his work even further and brought in support for Project Rome to his extension. This will allow users to easily pass a tab to the Chrome browser on another device, without having to go back into your shared history. See it demoed in his video below.

New third-party extension lets you continue web browsing on any Windows 10 PC Continue-on-PC-for-Chrome.jpg

The feature will allow users to forward a tab to the Chrome browser on another Windows 10 device but it appears that it doesn’t work with smartphones.

“Continue browsing on another device quickly by ‘pushing’ your current active tab to other devices sharing the same Microsoft Account,” the developer explains.

I just got project Rome support working! Continue browsing on any device. pic.twitter.com/GgMQwXJKau

— Dominic Maas (@dominicjmaas) July 14, 2018

You can download extension for Google Chrome from here and the Firefox users can download the addon from here.

The post New third-party extension lets you continue web browsing on any Windows 10 PC appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 15, 2018
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 15, 2018
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

1. New third-party extension lets you continue web browsing on any Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - third party extension

2. windows third party virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows third party virus: So i have this problem where i apperently have a third party virus. i have tried many diffrent ways to get rid of it but i still cant get it to go away so if you know anything about it please reach out and help me...
  3. windows third party virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows third party virus: So i have this problem where i apperently have a third party virus. i have tried many diffrent ways to get rid of it but i still cant get it to go away so if you know anything about it please reach out and help me...
  4. Unapproved third party applications or extensions detected. Please uninstall this third...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unapproved third party applications or extensions detected. Please uninstall this third...: Roblox UWP crashesWhen I launch Roblox. It launch 3 seconds then instantly crash with no error message.I try to open Roblox through folderAnd I encountered "Unapproved third party applications or extensions detected. Please uninstall this third party software and re-run...
  5. Unapproved third party applications or extensions detected. Please uninstall this third...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unapproved third party applications or extensions detected. Please uninstall this third...: Roblox UWP crashesWhen I launch Roblox. It launch 3 seconds then instantly crash with no error message.I try to open Roblox through folderAnd I encountered "Unapproved third party applications or extensions detected. Please uninstall this third party software and re-run...
  6. third party calls.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    third party calls.: Is anyone having issues with making third party calls ? im using windows I already install and uninstall skype and restarted my computer. im using the latest version of skype. there is no dial pad available and it happen to several people.Moved from Spanish Forum...
  7. web Browsing

in Windows 10 Customization
    web Browsing: i am unable to open google chrome i my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browsing/00d1eb13-f76b-480c-98f5-70de13094678
  8. Third party drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third party drivers: I recently purchased a microscope and a microscope camera so I could view the microscope on screen, I loaded the driver and this seemed to be OK, however, when I connected the camera a fault code came up and the computer would not allow me to run the camera. I later found out...
  9. Third-party extension that adds Chrome to Windows 10 Timeline is now available

in Windows 10 News
    Third-party extension that adds Chrome to Windows 10 Timeline is now available: Microsoft’s latest version of the Windows 10 operating system comes with Timeline. Called Windows Timeline, it happens to be one of the hallmark areas of the Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Microsoft’s Edge browser integrates with Timeline by default. Unfortunately, app...
  10. Third Party EDGE Extensions for Changing Website Background Color?

in Browsers and Email
    Third Party EDGE Extensions for Changing Website Background Color?: With Firefox, I downloaded/added an extension that allows me to change the webpages so that they're not bright white, like the background I'm typing this message on right now, in Edge. My preferred is dark gray with white letters. Easier on the eyes...especially at night....