Windows 10: New to PC Gaming

Discus and support New to PC Gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I doanloaded Lara Croft Go on my Lenovo Z50-70 laptop which plays just fine using the keyboard. I bought Xbox 360 controller of Ebay thinking it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by maxal, Dec 10, 2015.

1. maxal Win User

New to PC Gaming

Hi, I doanloaded Lara Croft Go on my Lenovo Z50-70 laptop which plays just fine using the keyboard.
    I bought Xbox 360 controller of Ebay thinking it may be better than using the keyboard but after pluging it in the usb port I found I could not play the game with it.
    Was I wrong thinking I could play games on my laptop with a controller or do I need to find the right games to download/buy.

:)

maxal, Dec 10, 2015
  2. Sher Amo Win User

New PC crashing to desktop while gaming and now a BSOD, have mini dump

Well done! Should any issues arise, feel free to let us know.

Sher Amo, Dec 10, 2015
  3. New PC crashing to desktop while gaming and now a BSOD, have mini dump

I clean booted, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for? What was this supposed to trigger/do?

Sturminator94, Dec 10, 2015
  4. Atomic77 Win User

New to PC Gaming

Well Maxal welcome to the forums. As far as I know only controllers made for pc work on computers. Unless this XBOX 360 controller was the PC compatable one. Also some controllers are made only for certain games. I'm not familier with the game you are playing but I'm sure someone else would be able to help you more.

Atomic77, Dec 11, 2015
  5. MrNeeds Win User
    did you get a wired controller or a wireless one with a play and charge kit?

MrNeeds, Dec 11, 2015
  6. maxal Win User
    Hi I got the wired one it said it was for pc

maxal, Dec 11, 2015
  7. swarfega Win User
    Windows 10 should install the driver for your, if it doesn't appear to have done in your case, go to Microsoft's Download center and download the xbox controller for Windows driver.

swarfega, Dec 11, 2015
  8. maxal Win User

New to PC Gaming

I believe the driver is installed as the large X button lights up and if I press the button I get the an option to take a picture and a couple of other options, I have also checked device manager and everything looks ok there and it has the latest driver installed November 2015 I think it was , I am at work so can't confirm the date.

maxal, Dec 11, 2015
  9. MrNeeds Win User
    I suppose it's a problem with the game itself, maybe the game doesn't support controllers? Tried to find if it does but it appears that it's not got that information anywhere on square enix's website, maybe a quick email over to square enix might not go amiss?
    L: eu-mobile-support@square-enix.com

MrNeeds, Dec 11, 2015
  10. swarfega Win User
    Can you try it in another usb port or another computer?

swarfega, Dec 11, 2015
  11. maxal Win User
    Thanks I have tried another usb port but not another computer yet. I will email as suggested.

maxal, Dec 11, 2015
  12. maxal Win User
    Can anyone recommend a game that is free from the store that they knows works with a controller so I test my new controller please.

maxal, Dec 11, 2015
  13. New to PC Gaming

seems to be a lot of games that support the xbox controller ( going to try this myself) if the buttons don't match your keys for the game
    Xpadder download | SourceForge.net
    is meant to map your game pad to the keys you want...

reddwarf4ever, Dec 11, 2015
  14. MrNeeds Win User
    Asphalt 8 works with a pad, I was playing it not long ago with mine.

MrNeeds, Dec 11, 2015
  15. maxal Win User
    Just downloaded and yes this game plays just fine, need to find some more good games that work with my controller!

maxal, Dec 11, 2015
Thema:

New to PC Gaming

1. New to PC Gaming - Similar Threads - Gaming

2. Antivirus keeps crashing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antivirus keeps crashing games: Only happens with rainbow 6 siege and no other game has that problem. Every time the game crashes i go to the windows updates in setting and its ALWAYS an antivirus update....
  3. Antivirus keeps crashing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antivirus keeps crashing games: Only happens with rainbow 6 siege and no other game has that problem. Every time the game crashes i go to the windows updates in setting and its ALWAYS an antivirus update....
  4. Audio issue using headset microphone while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issue using headset microphone while gaming: Hello everybody,it would be very nice if someone could help me. While playing Pubg mobile in gameloop emulator I am facing issue when I use headphone mic. I set Input/Output default as headphones. Now whenever i turn on mic in game I cannot hear sound no game sound and no...
  5. Audio issue using headset microphone while gaming

Audio issue using headset microphone while gaming: Hello everybody,it would be very nice if someone could help me. While playing Pubg mobile in gameloop emulator I am facing issue when I use headphone mic. I set Input/Output default as headphones. Now whenever i turn on mic in game I cannot hear sound no game sound and no...
  6. Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.: i seem to have a problem where if my controller is plugged in i get a irql_not_less_or_equal bsod or just a hard crash with no bsod. i tried to read the mini dump but couldn't find what the problem was. i have also tried updating windows and updating my graphics card. the...
  7. Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.

Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.: i seem to have a problem where if my controller is plugged in i get a irql_not_less_or_equal bsod or just a hard crash with no bsod. i tried to read the mini dump but couldn't find what the problem was. i have also tried updating windows and updating my graphics card. the...
  8. Game crashing when running besides a browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game crashing when running besides a browser: When I run Destiny 2 alongside any browser tested Edge, Opera GX and Firefox both the game and the browser crash. This varies in intensity, sometimes closing only one of them, sometimes both, sometimes it also causes Discord to crash, and sometimes it gives me a blue screen...
  9. Game crashing when running besides a browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashing when running besides a browser: When I run Destiny 2 alongside any browser tested Edge, Opera GX and Firefox both the game and the browser crash. This varies in intensity, sometimes closing only one of them, sometimes both, sometimes it also causes Discord to crash, and sometimes it gives me a blue screen...
  10. Game crashing when running besides a browser