Windows 10: New to the forums, and need advise to post a good question

Discus and support New to the forums, and need advise to post a good question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A friend of mine needs help with a project of his, he needs someone with windows driver experience. Would this forum be a good place to find someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by warspyking, Jul 26, 2016.

1. New to the forums, and need advise to post a good question

A friend of mine needs help with a project of his, he needs someone with windows driver experience.

Would this forum be a good place to find someone who could potentially help him, and if so where should I post and and do you have any advise which could improve my chances of getting help?

:)

warspyking, Jul 26, 2016
  2. JTDemag12 Win User

Forum posts/question missing

Yes this gets me to all my posts.

I thought I tried that link under my account but I guess not!

JTDemag12, Jul 26, 2016
  3. Forum posts/question missing

What have you tried?

After you login, click your profile name ( top right of your window ) where you would click to logout, BUT click 'My Profile'. This should take you to a page that has some of your stat details and also a list of your posts. Click on 'Show Filters' to filter
    the type of posts if needed.

George222(2), Jul 26, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

New to the forums, and need advise to post a good question

Hi Warspyking, welcome to Ten Forums.

The best place for hardware and driver related questions and issues is here: Drivers and Hardware - Windows 10 Forums

We are all volunteers here, doing what we can when our day / night jobs, hobbies, partying, drinking and such it allows. It's not unheard of that an issue is answered and resolved minutes after posting it, again it's not unheard of that first reply to an issue comes a few days after you posted it. It all depends on who's online, time zones if let's say the OP and someone helping are from opposite sides of the world, how complicated issue and so on.

Questions like "How do I turn off PC?" tend to be resolved faster than issues like " After a series of crashes and BSOD I am totally completely locked out from my PC. How to sign in, nothing works?".

Most important factor in composing a post, which also greatly affects the replies you get is to make it clear. Do not use titles like "Help requested ASAP!", that already turns many senior members away. A precise but short title is a good start. Be short but give enough information:
    • What happened?
    • What were you doing / had done when it happened?
    • Does this happen often or was it first time?
    • How does it affect you (PC useless, don't boot, smoke coming from behind and fire department already called, and so on)?
    • What have you tried to fix the issue?
    Fill the system specs, specs of the machine you have issues with.

As a community we are pretty awesome! Mostly we can solve issues together.

5. Ah well, it's not really a specific question, it's more about finding someone who'd be willing to devote some time into a co-op project. He's eager to get started but he can't do it alone. If it's off topic here to these forums, I understand, but if that is the case would you be able to direct me some place else where it would be on-topic?

warspyking, Jul 26, 2016
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    What type of co-op project? Anybody reading your post may want to know. Has your friend joined Tenforums to pose the question directly?

f14tomcat, Jul 26, 2016
  7. He wants to port libdrc memahaxx / libdrc Bitbucket to Windows.

Also I'm unaware of if he has an account here. All I know is he told me that he can't do it alone, and he would start again if he had someone with windows driver experience to help him with it.

warspyking, Jul 26, 2016
  8. f14tomcat Win User

I took a quick look at your link. It appears to be for Linux and a Nintendo Gamepad. Totally foreign to me. Maybe someone else knows. TC

f14tomcat, Jul 26, 2016
  9. Yeah I'm aware of what it is, but I'm unable to help because, like you, I have 0 experience with that stuff. But I do know both me and him want to see the end product (porting it from linux to windows)
    I can't use linux, but I would really like to be able to use the library on my windows computer.

warspyking, Jul 26, 2016
  10. Where would the best place on tenforums to post this request, if anywhere at all?

warspyking, Jul 26, 2016
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Jul 26, 2016
  12. f14tomcat Win User

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New to the forums, and need advise to post a good question - Similar Threads - forums need advise

2. How to post a question in the gmail community forum

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to post a question in the gmail community forum: I need to take my PC into Best Buy for repairs, so for a whlle I'll need to post questions about gmail at that forum,. This is the proverbial catch-22, Task ask A requires task B which requires Task A, which requires...Thanks for your help.Phillip aka SweetTasha...
  3. How to post a question in the gmail community forum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to post a question in the gmail community forum: I need to take my PC into Best Buy for repairs, so for a whlle I'll need to post questions about gmail at that forum,. This is the proverbial catch-22, Task ask A requires task B which requires Task A, which requires...Thanks for your help.Phillip aka SweetTasha...
  4. How to post a question in the gmail community forum

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What forum to post this in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What forum to post this in: I would like to recover files that have been deleted from my recycle bin. I don't know what forum to post a question about this in. 171768
  6. new to this forum- need help

in Windows 10 Support
    new to this forum- need help: Hi, I'm glad I found this forum, and I hope someone here can help. I don't have much tech knowledge, and don't understand most of the terminology. FOR MORE THAN TWO YEARS I've been having ongoing and often extreme problems with hacking and hacking attempts. It's occurred on...
  7. Problem with forum threads and posts

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with forum threads and posts: Hi! So I have this problem, I cant see anything typed in a thread or post on Tenforums, every post looks just blank! Any idea how to manage it? For example, I cant see even this post I typed after I press "Submit new thread" xD. I can only see your responses if I press the...
  8. Moved post to another forum

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Moved post to another forum: delete this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moved-post-to-another-forum/a6fbd2b4-4aa2-444f-a714-5d25f5298864"
  9. First Post to This Forum

in Windows 10 Support
    First Post to This Forum: Am a newbie and this is my first post to this forum. I think I have set things up correctly but wonder about receiving replies Would someone please reply to this post so I can check whether or not that feature works. Thank you a lot. 132204
  10. Cannot post replies to the forum

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot post replies to the forum: Suddenly I am unable to post replies to responses I have received. Can anyone suggest a resolution. I keep getting a message "oops something went wrong, please try again." Dan...