Windows 10: New to these Forums, some issues with recent free Win 10 Pro upgrade

Discus and support New to these Forums, some issues with recent free Win 10 Pro upgrade in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro 64bit free upgrade. On New years eve, after many, many months of resisting, I finally upgraded my home build PC Win 7, Ultimate OS, (... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jaylob4, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Jaylob4 Win User

New to these Forums, some issues with recent free Win 10 Pro upgrade

Win 10 Pro 64bit free upgrade.

On New years eve, after many, many months of resisting, I finally upgraded my home build PC Win 7, Ultimate OS, ( retail ), using the free Win 10 OS ISO. After two failed long attempts to keep all my files and apps from the old OS during upgrade I bit the bullet and did a fresh install, wiped everything, just a clean install of Win 10 Pro, this went without a hitch although some minor issues post upgrade.

I had before the upgrade backed up everything of importance to a secondary external HD, that is apart from one important folder, I can't believe I forgot, I'm kicking myself. I guess it's what happens when with a number of JDs downed and New Year Eve merriment in full swing, something is going to go amiss.

The folder in question is the My Favourites in IE11, from the old OS, I forgot to export and back it up.

The old IE11 Favourites contained 450-500 web sites I had separated in to named folders over many years. For example, Electrical Wholesalers in one, Stamps in another, Catering in yet another and so on.

I found the Win.Old folder in (C), found the My Favourites folder, copied, pasted and saved it to the new Win 10 desktop, fortunately it was intact, everything, all the websites and named folders was there.

I tried at first using MS Edge but can't get to grips with it so reverted back to my comfort zone of IE11. Unfortunately try as I might, including import/export options, I can find no way of successfully importing all the the contents from the saved Win-Old My Favourites folder to IE11 Favourites in one go.

I can open each web site individually in the previously saved Win.Old Favourites folder and then add to Favourites in IE11 but it is going to take forever and a day.

Is there a way I can achieve this, export all the websites and folders in the saved win.old my favourites folder now residing on my desktop to IE11 favourites?

So there is no confusion, Yesterday I posted this thread on to another site believing it to be this one, they looked the same, it wasn't me trying to cover all angles.

The reply I received was to try using the import/export options which I have tried without any success.

:)

Jaylob4, Jan 3, 2018
  2. Rob Burt Win User

32-bit to 64-bit

I received the free upgrade from Win 7 Pro (32-bit) to Win 10 Pro (32-bit). Can I upgrade to Win 10 Pro (64-bit)?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Rob Burt, Jan 3, 2018
  3. Mr. Low Win User
    Any free upgrade to Win 10 for Win 7 PC ?

Hi,

I have ordered a refurbished Win 7 (pro) PC recently.

This PC OS was installed is somtime in 2010.

If I wish to upgrade it to Win 10(Pro), may I know if I need to buy a product key or am i entitled to upgrade it for free?

If there is a free upgrade where is the URL?

tHANKS

Mr. Low, Jan 3, 2018
  4. New to these Forums, some issues with recent free Win 10 Pro upgrade

Have you tried copying content of My Favourites folder to "C:\Users\UserName\Favorites" folder and start IE to see you got your favourites back.
    Replace UserName with your user account name.

FreeBooter, Jan 3, 2018
  5. Jaylob4 Win User
    Thank you FreeBooter, that worked a treat, so much appreciated, I am in no doubt you have saved me many hours of work *Smile

Jaylob4, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New to these Forums, some issues with recent free Win 10 Pro upgrade

1. New to these Forums, some issues with recent free Win 10 Pro upgrade - Similar Threads - Forums issues recent

2. Recently downloaded Win 10 pro for free but can't activate it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently downloaded Win 10 pro for free but can't activate it?: Hi so I recently got Windows 10 Pro form the Microsoft page for free but it won't activate.And i already tried the Windows 10 Pro basic product key but it won't really work. Shouldn't i have a digital license? Someone please help....
  3. Recently downloaded Win 10 pro for free but can't activate it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently downloaded Win 10 pro for free but can't activate it?: Hi so I recently got Windows 10 Pro form the Microsoft page for free but it won't activate.And i already tried the Windows 10 Pro basic product key but it won't really work. Shouldn't i have a digital license? Someone please help....
  4. Recently downloaded Win 10 pro for free but can't activate it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Upgrading to Win 10 pro issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Win 10 pro issues: I cannot upgrade to Win 10 Pro, even though I have purchased the upgrades for both Pro and Pro For Workstations. I have purchased the following upgrades: Windows 10 Pro August 27, 2017 Windows 10 Pro for Workstations on March 18, 2018 Every time when I reinstall windows...
  6. Funny bug...upgraded to Win 10 pro for free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Funny bug...upgraded to Win 10 pro for free: I have two laptops, let's call them A and B. A is 3 yrs old and B is 2 yrs old, both came with Windows 10 Home. A couple of days ago, I upgraded them both to Windows 10 2004 version. After that, the start menu on B stopped working common bug, so I tried to rollback the...
  7. I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.: I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Now EaseUS PartitionMaster Pro V7.01 brings up an alarm User Account Control and the app will not run....
  8. Start up issue on recent Win 10 pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up issue on recent Win 10 pro upgrade: On a desktop that has recently been updated from Win 7 to Win 10 pro, when I start up the screen stays on the Windows icon (no moving dots to show that it is processing) and the fan runs fast. The only way to stop it is a forced shutdown. When I do, and then try start-up,...
  9. Win 10 Free Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Free Upgrade: I still have Win 8.1 Pro in one of my pc's. Is it too late to upgrade to Win 10 Pro for free. If so what would be the process.Win https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-free-upgrade/6c5b0473-a789-4832-918f-0579fdb5c9d2
  10. Get Win 10 Pro as Free Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Get Win 10 Pro as Free Upgrade: I am not a business. I have 4 computers at home running Win 7 Pro and 1 running 8.1 Pro. When I upgrade to Win 10 will I get the "Pro" version? Seems like I should as I have invested extra money in the earlier versions. Thanks, 8866