Windows 10: New to Windows 10 - Problem with understanding Microsoft Edge!!

Discus and support New to Windows 10 - Problem with understanding Microsoft Edge!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Have just bought an Acer V13 Laptop which is great but previously when I went into a search engine (I am elderly and like and always like using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by moggie, Sep 14, 2016.

1. moggie Win User

New to Windows 10 - Problem with understanding Microsoft Edge!!

Hi
    Have just bought an Acer V13 Laptop which is great but previously when I went into a search engine (I am elderly and like and always like using Bing) it came up in Internet Explorer (11?) and there was a toolbar at the top with lots of icons such as print -file etc on which I clicked.

Now every time I go into Bing to search it opens in something called MS Edge which is difficult for me as all the instns such as save, print and others are at the side!

I was going to uninstall this Edge but if I did that was afraid I would not get online as there is no mention of Explorer anywhere I can see.

Please help me in simple terms as I do not understand everything. I had Classic Shell downloaded so that the Start button looks like Windows 7 which I am used to. Also had the laptop set up so I have a desktop when I log in as I do not use the screen with all the aoos on!

Thanks everyone for your help

:)

moggie, Sep 14, 2016

2. Windows 10 Problem

After I updated Windows 10 today as I was instructed, I can no longer get on the internet. My wifi no longer shows up to click on it. It was working fine until I allowed the install. I have tried restarting the HP Spectre x 369 laptop and the router,
    but this has not helped. (I am using a borrowed Apple computer to search for a solution.) I need help to get back online. Can anyone help or tell me who I might contact for help?

Problem with 10, Sep 14, 2016
  3. Tabs in microsoft edge

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to customize the tab in Microsoft Edge like you are used to in Chrome.

Please be informed that Windows has not yet introduced any settings to arrange tabs in Microsoft Edge.

To know more about Microsoft Edge, refer to the below links.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Microsoft Edge, Browserdaten und Datenschutz – Microsoft Datenschutz

Your feedback is valuable and also an important scope for us to make new improvements on this new browser.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 14, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Both Internet Explorer and Edge are installed in Windows 10 - you don't have to use Edge if you don't want to..

You can't in-install Edge but you can just not use it and use Internet Explorer instead.

If you right click on the dark blue "e" icon on your taskbar you can select "unpin from taskbar". Then search for "Internet Explorer" in your programs (press the *Start key and start typing the name) and open it. When it is open you can then right click on the (paler blue) "e" icon in your taskbar and select "pin to taskbar".

Both Edge and Internet Explorer are set-up to use bing search by default so you shouldn't have to change anything there.

5. This is not my thread,but I appreciate the information Ix07. I do not like Edge at all and have wanted to use Internet Explorer instead since upgrading to 10 Pro. Now, I have Internet Explorer pinned to my task bar and all is well. *chuckle

TexasBandit, Sep 14, 2016
  6. moggie Win User
    Thanks for that fast reply Ix07

I understand now and have doe what you said and now have Explorer back with Bing.

Great job!

moggie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New to Windows 10 - Problem with understanding Microsoft Edge!! - Similar Threads - Problem understanding Microsoft

2. New Microsoft Edge replace Microsoft Edge Legacy in Windows 10 April

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge replace Microsoft Edge Legacy in Windows 10 April: [ATTACH] In August 2020, we announced that support for the Microsoft Edge Legacy desktop application [ATTACH] ends on March 9, 2021. After this date, Microsoft Edge Legacy will no longer receive security updates. To replace this out of support application, we are...
  3. NEW MICROSOFT EDGE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NEW MICROSOFT EDGE: When I was helped with installing the new Microsoft Edge browser, I was given the option of using an existing e-mail account and unfortunately I chose my secondary e-mail account accidentally and not my main e-mail account which I obviously wish to use. Unfortunately I have...
  4. the new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the new Microsoft Edge: After downloading the new Microsoft Edge I have no sound whenever I'm on a website which use audio; videos, music, News videos no sound but, only when using Edge browser. Internet explorer browser still works fine, how do you fix this?...
  5. New Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Microsoft Edge?: How do I access my email in New Microsoft Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-microsoft-edge/609e36ef-8fa0-4e20-8fbc-9d9373c327fa
  6. The New Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The New Microsoft Edge: Hi, I have downloaded the New Microsoft Edge, but keep getting a message that I need to download it......I DID have a page where I was putting in all my info to set it up, but now I can't find it....... Any suggestions.??...
  7. The new Microsoft Edge is available for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    The new Microsoft Edge is available for Windows 10: Microsoft has released a new Chromium-based version of Microsoft Edge. This new version provides best in class compatibility with extensions and websites. Additionally, this new version provides great support for the latest rendering capabilities, modern web applications, and...
  8. New Microsoft Edge 'resolving host' problem

in Browsers and Email
    New Microsoft Edge 'resolving host' problem: I've been on the new Edge for just over a week now - Version 79.0.309.71 (Official build) (64-bit) and I'm constantly seeing a 'resolving host' message, usually followed by a 'hmmm, we can't seem to find that page' screen, before the destination page eventually appears. I've...
  9. problems with search in windows 10 and microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems with search in windows 10 and microsoft edge: [IMG]I just reinstalled windows with my digital license through this guide: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000735/windows-10-reinstall . this is the problem. don't know what it is or how to resolve the problem. this happens in search and also on microsoft edge....
  10. About the problems with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the problems with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge: Cannot delete search history . This is a very serious problem because it has banking and on-line shopping information which is personal and subject to being stolen by online criminals. I do not believe Microsoft is fixing it. Am i going to have to reset my all my...