Windows 10: New Touchpad Gesture - holding one finger pops up a 4 direction pad

Discus and support New Touchpad Gesture - holding one finger pops up a 4 direction pad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I really want to deactivate this touchpad gesture. I deactivated it before but since I updated my laptop it was reactivated. its when you hover your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lyel96, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Lyel96 Win User

New Touchpad Gesture - holding one finger pops up a 4 direction pad

I really want to deactivate this touchpad gesture. I deactivated it before but since I updated my laptop it was reactivated. its when you hover your pointer from the touchpad interface for more than 1 second a four direction pad pops up to pretty much jump around the page you are at. The options of the four pad is Home, End, Forward, Backward. I cannot find this in the general touchpad settings in the computer and don't understand how to get rid of it because I cannot even describe the gesture to google. it is just an annoying gesture because I hover my pointer over something a lot and don't want to just end up hitting one of the directions and skip and page, or jump down the page, or go back a page, especially on pages that require re-loading on sensitive information. Can anyone understand what I am saying and relate? please I would like to hear more about this gesture.

:)

Lyel96, Jan 17, 2017
  2. PCOwner Win User

Windows search keeps popping up whilst two finger scrolling on HP laptop.

Even when two & three finger gestures have been turned off, I still have the Search/Cortana box pop-up far to frequently. I can recreate the unwanted Search/Cortana pop-up at anytime on my Lenovo Yoga laptop with its Synaptics touchpad. I place two
    fingers anywhere on the touchpad and then left click. Bam! The pop-up instantly appears, every time, and for no valid reason. The pop-up occurs in spite of all touchpad gestures being unchecked (turned off) and Cortana turned off.

My assessment is either...

1. Win10 has a built-in response to the gesture of two fingers and a left click and lacks a control for this.

or

2. Win10 is responding to this as a three finger gesture in spite of the three finger gesture being off.

PCOwner, Jan 17, 2017
  3. PCOwner Win User
    search/cortana keeps popping up after upgrade to windows 10

A clue. I can recreate the unwanted Search/Cortana pop-up at anytime on my Lenovo Yoga laptop with its Synaptics touchpad. I place two fingers anywhere on the touchpad and then left click. Bam! The pop-up instantly appears, every time, and for no
    valid reason. The pop-up occurs in spite of all touchpad gestures unchecked (turned off) and Cortana turned off.

My assessment is either...

1. Win10 has a built-in response to the gesture of two fingers and a left click and lacks a control for this.

or

2. Win10 is responding to this as a three finger gesture in spite of the three finger gesture being off.

PCOwner, Jan 17, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Thema:

1. New Touchpad Gesture - holding one finger pops up a 4 direction pad - Similar Threads - Touchpad Gesture holding

2. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working: i cant use the features of Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working when i tap with 3 or 4 fingers it didnt respond.when i sweep with them it work easy..but when i tap it didnt worki tried to uninstall the Touchpad drivers on my machinei tried to Download the driver...
  3. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working: i cant use the features of Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working when i tap with 3 or 4 fingers it didnt respond.when i sweep with them it work easy..but when i tap it didnt worki tried to uninstall the Touchpad drivers on my machinei tried to Download the driver...
  4. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working: Hello, I recently purchased an Asus Zephyrus G14 2020. The 3 finger tap is set to launch windows search and 4 finger tap set to open the action center. The computer sent to sleep after a couple of hours of non use and upon awakening these gestures have ceased working. I...
  6. Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior: I never use Virtual Desktops, so can I change the touchpad 4 finger gesture from switching between virtual desktops to switching between Virtual Desktops. I know that we have a 3 finger gesture but I want the animation from the 4 finger gesture. Is this possible?...
  7. 3/4-finger touchpad gestures stopped working

3/4-finger touchpad gestures stopped working: 2-finger gestures still work fine. Only thing that's changed, is I unplugged my laptop from my external monitor and AC adapter, and replugged both back in. Changing gestures configuration doesn't trigger it to start working. Please have this fixed. Gestures, when...
  8. Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad

Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad: Hi guys, I need a bit of help with finding settings for Laptop's gestures. The problem is the three-finger-touch gesture. I want to disable it because many times the search bar pops up and doesn't go back no matter what. I've to repeatedly log off to remove it from the...
  9. 3 finger and 4 finger gesture not working

3 finger and 4 finger gesture not working: Hi There is a problem with my 3 finger left right swipe for switching apps its working but when i release it still gets stuck there so again i have to click on the app to switch to that app when I release on the desired app the app should directly open is there any solution...
  10. Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10

Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10: Hi Windows 10 allows to switch workspace with 4 finger swipe gestures. Opposite to my Macbook, I must swipe right-to-left to go to the right virtual desktop. Is there a way to reverse this, so I swipe left-to-right to go to the right virtual desktop? I have a HP laptop with...