Windows 10: New update - and new question about branch

Discus and support New update - and new question about branch in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Greetings. Today my Win10 wanted to restart because of a new windows update, so I let it do that. Now I have a new setting (??) under advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Burgurne, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Burgurne Win User

New update - and new question about branch

Greetings.
    Today my Win10 wanted to restart because of a new windows update, so I let it do that.
    Now I have a new setting (??) under advanced options in "Update & recovery".
    The last setting are like this:
    "Choose what branch you'd like to get new previews builds from."!

Then a selectorbox, but only with one possibillity:
    flb_awesome1501

Do I have some dirt in already? Or is this in fact a Microsoft updatesetting??

I think "flb_awesome1501" does not sound like a Microsoft parameter, but I can be wrong?

:)

Burgurne, Jan 27, 2015
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

Microsoft Edge wont open on my Lumia 950XL

Puh. No idea. However, branch 14267 is the latest Windows Insider on the Fast Ring. You posted in the category ‘Lumia » Windows 10’ which is about release branches actually (currently, just 10586). Therefore and to increase the visibility of your question,
    please, I would go for the button Edit on my initial post and change the category to: Windows Insider Program » Preview » … » Phone.

By the way, if you want to stay with branch 10586, instead of ‘Insider Fast’, there is a new ring called ‘Insider Release Preview’. That should be much more stable and get all bug fixes as well – but not that new fancy features. Or, if you want to get the
    bug fixes and the new features: Did you consider to go for ‘Insider Slow’? In the current stage of branch 14267, you are forced to go for resets quite often.

Abi99 (2), Jan 27, 2015
  3. new}} Win User
    error message when trying to send emails

when trying to send an email from my laptop it gives error message: no email attached, add email or create an association in default programs in settings, how and where do I go to do this.

Samsung laptop

windows 10

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new}}, Jan 27, 2015
  4. davehc Win User

It is a planned update, not yet available. Microsoft have confessed to an error where the interoffice build was shown accidentally but not available. It was quickly withdrawn.

It is alleged that the new windows (10) will be called awesome.

Just let it ride until the next becomes available.

davehc, Jan 27, 2015
  5. Burgurne Win User
    Okay, thank you very much for that info *Smile.

That saved me a new clean install *Wink

Burgurne, Jan 27, 2015
  6. It's a beta, so there will be hints of the developers goofing off or being blunt before the marketing and consumer experience people have a chance to erase all of the traces.

No doubt that is the official branch, though internally they probably have an easy way to add other branches to use.

FuturDreamz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New update - and new question about branch - Similar Threads - update question branch

2. Question about moving Windows in new device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about moving Windows in new device: Hello guys i have a question im goin to buy my new pc and the new pc have Gen 4 nvme ssd 1tb and have windows install and on my old pc i have ssd 1tb and have windows istall also.My question is can i use my old ssd to me new pc with the windows istall in both???If i can can i...
  3. Question about my new laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about my new laptop: My only issue is that two or three specific programs are scaled down very far (I'm actually squinting to use them). I don't want to turn up the global resolution scale because everything aside from those few programs is scaled how I want. Anyone else experience this? Anyone...
  4. Question about new SSD

Question about new SSD: Hi, I'll get straight to the point. I've been using my HDD for a long time now and I tried to update my windows and it just wont update. Not through the updater integrated in windows, the update asistant or even using the image tool ISO or direct Upgrade. It just keeps on...
  5. New Update. New Question.

in Cortana
    New Update. New Question.: I wondered where the tabs I set aside went when I updated Microsoft Edge blue e to blue/green wave. Also is my search history/passwords gone? Do I need to pay more for to use the same internet security extension from the previous version? What's new from this update that...
  6. Question About My New Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question About My New Laptop: I got a new laptop for Christmas it has a build in camera and it also came with Windows 10 Home. Now when I click on start then the camera icon. A window will come up telling me it can't locate my camera. Should I down a camera app to my computer so I can use my camera. Can...
  7. Question About the New Feature Update (1909)

Question About the New Feature Update (1909): [ATTACH] So, my PC managed to successfully update to Windows feature update 1909 (at least, that's what the update history said), but I noticed a couple of things and I just want to find clarifications. First is that I do not see any windows.old folder in my C drive....
  8. a new question about win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    a new question about win 10: The Dell laptop that I have doesn't have a LED that blinks when the internal HD is working. So I found a small program that sites on the desktop and runs in the background and blinks when the HD is working. But the prog didn't come with an installer. I have a copy of the prog...
  9. A question about installing a new videocard.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    A question about installing a new videocard.: Hi there, I ordered a geforce 1070 to replace my old 970, now I have a question. Do I install the software it came with first, then update the driver with the nvidia one after? Of course i'll uninstall the 970's driver before I put the new card in. The card I am getting has a...
  10. New KB3025380 Update for Windows 10 FBL_AWESOME branch

in Windows 10 News
    New KB3025380 Update for Windows 10 FBL_AWESOME branch: This is to prepare the Windows 10 Preview 9879 build for the next build release in January. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 3325