Windows 10: New Update Causing Problems

Discus and support New Update Causing Problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; That newest big update a couple of days ago- the one where your computer restarted a few times- well, since then I've been having glitches. My Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by St0n3h3ng3, Jul 16, 2017.

1. New Update Causing Problems

That newest big update a couple of days ago- the one where your computer restarted a few times- well, since then I've been having glitches.
    My Google Chrome is slow to start, switch pages, etc. It didn't do this before. It's self-updating so I'm sure I have the latest version. Yes, my Java is updated too.
    My Minecraft game is freezing and it did not do that before.

I don't even know what this new update was supposed to do? All I've noticed is negatives.

Does anyone have any advice on optimizing my system? (I don't want to switch browsers, thanks.)

I appreciate it.

:)

St0n3h3ng3, Jul 16, 2017

2. New update causing problems in Windows Explorer

The only way that fixed the problem was to re-install windows completely, using the option to save my files while it did so. Course I also had to re-install every single additional program I had on my computer, including files like java, code c packs to
    view movies and files that were needed for my hp programs to run. Oh my my sound drivers that re-installing windows deleted ............ wow was that a mess and took at least 3 hours to figure out.

So it took almost 2 days to get my computer back to working correctly. Now I do not allow updates to just install, I pick what is updated and what isn't.

AnnetteChristianson, Jul 16, 2017
  3. New update causing problems in Windows Explorer

I have spent hours trying everything zig zag suggested and it couldn't find the right "files" on the dvd that the ISO file created.

WinOptimizer just deletes old files and only runs once a week.

The problem is only when I try to open a folder in Windows Explorer. I don't see any way that Norton could interfere with that program/application.

I quit for now.

It isn't worth it and I am beyond upset over this

Thanks for the suggestions

AnnetteChristianson, Jul 16, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

New Update Causing Problems

Hold down the Windows key and press R, type winver and press Enter. Reply back with the information line that reads something like Version 1703 (Build 15063.483) which is the latest version of the RTM or as it is called CU/Creators Update. I'm having no problems on several computers that have I have Upgraded to Version 1703 followed by all the updates.

Berton, Jul 16, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    That sounds like the update you just got was the Creators Update. This is an upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10. You can confirm you now have the Creators Update by using WinKey + R to run Winver. For the Creators Update it will say version 1703, os build 15063.

As this was a full upgrade, it will have backed up your previous system in a windows.old folder. If you cannot resolve your problems, you can go back to your previous build. This option is available for 10 days from the day of the upgrade, after which the windows.old folder will automatically be deleted.

6. It is Version 1703 os Build 15063.483

What do you think is the best way to try to solve these problems? Would it be better to go back to the old file? Or should I try something else first?

Thanks for your help.

St0n3h3ng3, Jul 16, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
  8. New Update Causing Problems

I'm going to try these things. We'll see what happens.

St0n3h3ng3, Jul 16, 2017
  9. It isn't working.
    Can anyone tell me how to reverse the update? It seems I'm going to need to.
    Chrome is still slow and I'm getting video stoppages I've never had before. And Minecraft is still freezing.

St0n3h3ng3, Jul 17, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
  11. Thanks! I removed the build and my computer has recovered. No more glitching, freezing, or slowness.

Thanks everyone.

St0n3h3ng3, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

New Update Causing Problems

1. New Update Causing Problems - Similar Threads - Update Causing Problems

2. Windows Updates Cause Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates Cause Problems: Windows 10 updates prevent PC form starting. Any way to resolves this? MS Tech service is ignorant and of no help at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-cause-problems/e819e8ae-7372-4a82-8367-546dbc7b9f09
  3. Is the new Windows 10 Update still causing problems?

Is the new Windows 10 Update still causing problems?: Question says it all. Is this about 2004? Update of Windows 10, have the problems been solved? Bereitet das neue Windows 10 Update noch Probleme?
  4. New Update cause errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Update cause errors: I just updated my windows 10 . After update,i am not able to open Microsoft Store,Get Help and many more other apps. Not even able to open the options available in Windows Defender. Showing that "YOU WILL NEED A NEW APP TO OPEN THIS LINK"...
  5. New Update cause error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Update cause error: I just updated my windows 10 . After update,i am not able to open Microsoft Store,Get Help and many more other apps. Not even able to open the options available in Windows Defender. Showing that "YOU WILL NEED A NEW APP TO OPEN THIS LINK"...
  6. New mouse causing problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New mouse causing problems: new logitech mouse has open program and drawing windows popping up in my display screen trying to shut this option off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-mouse-causing-problems/2ba44280-5097-4d62-bb27-04f34683f3f3
  7. New Windows update caused 2 problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Windows update caused 2 problems: Hello; just received the newest Windows 10 update, and 2 problems arose immediately after, that I wish to make Microsoft aware of. First, the Lock Screen at start-up is 100% blurry, no matter which picture I choose, its blurry! Second, the taskbar is now gray, icons difficult...
  8. FIXED - New update can cause problems with file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FIXED - New update can cause problems with file explorer: [I NO LONGER HAVE THE PROBLEM, THIS IS FOR OTHERS EXPERIENCING THE SAME ISSUE] Recently my computer updated to the latest Windows 10 version and the update was successful. Everything seemed to work fine until you would run a program as administrator with file explorer open....
  9. Update causes problems

Update causes problems: Twice the windows button in the lefthand corner of the taskbar has stopped working after an update. I have fixed the problem by undoing the update but the system keeps on wanting to try again. How can I stop it? *** moved to englisch Community ***...
  10. Update will not load and is causing problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update will not load and is causing problems: My Windows 10 computer has been running 10 for over a year now. Updates have always worked. This week a "large" update has tried to load every time I'm on line. This bogs down the computer and is causing problems on some web sites. I keep getting the same error " We couldn't...