New update messes my start menu up

Discus and support New update messes my start menu up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tested to see if my menu works before I installed the new update, and it was working. After restart for the update I checked it again and it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by debgram, Jun 12, 2018.

1. debgram Win User

I tested to see if my menu works before I installed the new update, and it was working. After restart for the update I checked it again and it's missing. What is up with these updates that keep removing my start menu? This is getting to be a pain and to think I liked windows 10 but I'm beginning to wonder about that.

:)

debgram, Jun 12, 2018
  2. Sachin Venkatesh Win User

windows 10 start menu messed up layout

Hello Nabiha,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys, select Personalization.
    • Select Start and check if the Start menu screen is turned to Full screen mode.
    • If the full screen is turned on, Turn off and check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 13, 2018
  3. LesGrant42 Win User
    Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

1. New update messes my start menu up - Similar Threads - update messes start

2. Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home: I bought a new PC with a Windows 10 Home OEM license. My old PC died, but it had a transferrable Windows 10 Pro license whose product key I had printed out before it died. Both Windows copies are linked to my Microsoft account. I would like to upgrade my new PC to Windows...
  3. window update

window update: How to overcome window update Error 0x800705b4 in window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/window-update/d45e562a-2f23-465d-bec7-3a7940e8832f
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices

Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices: We are having a serious issue with windows 10 ent. Many machines inside and outside the office are not downloading updates. About 1/3 of my staff work out of home offices and another 1/3 are extremely frequent travelers. All are part of our domain. There are no...
  5. window update

window update: i have been updating my pc since 2 months but every time Error 0x800705b4 comes. i also contacted microsoft custmore care but he was also unable to help me. please resolve my problem...
  6. Trying to reset My PC

Trying to reset My PC: I built my PC a while ago and have Windows 10 as my OS. Over the years, I have collected a lot of files I no longer use. Instead of deleting practically everything off of it, I wanna do a factory reset so I can just reinstall the few things I use. However, when I try to use...
  7. How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?: How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-change-the-font-size-of-the-names-under/50291850-7360-442b-9191-cbd59aa3e445
  8. Windows 10 Pro Insider Updates

Windows 10 Pro Insider Updates: In the option to change Windows 10 Pro Insider Updates. The IX ME box is greyed out and I cannot run the FIX ME. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-pro-insider-updates/f787fc3e-a43d-4af8-9cdb-64e76babbd8a
  9. win 10 [ updates suck]

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 10 [ updates suck]: are there future plans to fix these permissions problem in windows 10 ? I ask because I just received the replacement laptop for the one Windows !0 update shot right in the gut. Slowly but surely I lost permissions for personal files and it went down hill from there to...
  10. How to set Windows 10 shortcut to my mouse?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set Windows 10 shortcut to my mouse?: The shortcut to change virtual desktop in Windows 10 is: Ctrl + Win + ←/→ i want to bind this to my mouse side key , how to do this? my mouse is DeathAdder2013...