Windows 10: New update messes my start menu up

Discus and support New update messes my start menu up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tested to see if my menu works before I installed the new update, and it was working. After restart for the update I checked it again and it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by debgram, Jun 12, 2018.

1. debgram Win User

New update messes my start menu up

I tested to see if my menu works before I installed the new update, and it was working. After restart for the update I checked it again and it's missing. What is up with these updates that keep removing my start menu? This is getting to be a pain and to think I liked windows 10 but I'm beginning to wonder about that.

:)

debgram, Jun 12, 2018

2. windows 10 start menu messed up layout

Hello Nabiha,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys, select Personalization.
    • Select Start and check if the Start menu screen is turned to Full screen mode.
    • If the full screen is turned on, Turn off and check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

New update messes my start menu up

1. New update messes my start menu up - Similar Threads - update messes start

2. When will Microsoft ACTUALLY FIX the START MENU MESS UP THEIR UPDATES CAUSED?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will Microsoft ACTUALLY FIX the START MENU MESS UP THEIR UPDATES CAUSED?: Sorry to be blunt in the subject, but I've spent HOURS searching for "Why did Windows Update break my Windows 11 start menu", and NONE of the options worked. I have had third party Start Menu programs installed and uninstalled at various points in troubleshooting, done the...
  3. When will Microsoft ACTUALLY FIX the START MENU MESS UP THEIR UPDATES CAUSED?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will Microsoft ACTUALLY FIX the START MENU MESS UP THEIR UPDATES CAUSED?: Sorry to be blunt in the subject, but I've spent HOURS searching for "Why did Windows Update break my Windows 11 start menu", and NONE of the options worked. I have had third party Start Menu programs installed and uninstalled at various points in troubleshooting, done the...
  4. New windows update messed up my function keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New windows update messed up my function keys: So like other laptops my f1-12 keys are tied to changing things. (F1 mutes volume, F11 dims brightness, ect.) But after my laptop updated last night now to use any of these keys I have to hold the function button to get them to work. Is there a way to change this? Or am I...
  5. Start Menu recently added dont show up and pin to start apps is messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu recently added dont show up and pin to start apps is messed up: Recently refreshed Surface Book and updated to Windows 10 2004. New setup. Enabled on start settings to show newly added app and arranging my pin apps on start menu and messed up. Over lapping tried rearranging it keep messing up or will lose the icon [IMG]...
  6. Start Menu messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu messed up: I have a laptop with many different IDs on. I log onto each ID for different work. The problem is that on some IDs the Start Menu has messed up. I get rid of all icons and add about 3 or 4 select icons to my start menu. NOW: I get what looks like the default start menu...
  7. New sign on screen and update mess up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New sign on screen and update mess up: Sort of a trivial question, but what happened to the beautiful pics that would fill my screen when I first log on to my laptop? Yes, I did get the new update and lost a bunch of programs. Tried system restore to no avail. Finally, just reloaded all the missing programs,...
  8. Windows update keeps messing up my new desktop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update keeps messing up my new desktop?: I bought an HP Pavillion Gaming Desktop 690-0020 in July 2018. After like 2 days, my computer updated and was resarting, the hp logo finished loading but the screen remained black. I waited hours because I thought it was just loading and I should give it a chance. Nope,...
  9. Settings Menu messed up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Menu messed up.: As the title says, many of my settings pages are messed up. Any ideas? Tried in place repair-fails. I`m on latest build. 66296
  10. Messed up start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up start menu: So, I finally decided to upgrade to W10 from Windows 7, and it's cool and everything, actually liking it. The only thing that has gone wrong, is that I get this [img] (for those who don't know spanish, 'pendiente' means pending) instead of this [img] what...