New update messes my start menu up

Discus and support New update messes my start menu up in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I tested to see if my menu works before I installed the new update, and it was working. After restart for the update I checked it again and it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by debgram, Jun 13, 2018.

1. debgram Win User

I tested to see if my menu works before I installed the new update, and it was working. After restart for the update I checked it again and it's missing. What is up with these updates that keep removing my start menu? This is getting to be a pain and to think I liked windows 10 but I'm beginning to wonder about that.

:)

debgram, Jun 13, 2018
  2. Sachin Venkatesh Win User

windows 10 start menu messed up layout

Hello Nabiha,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys, select Personalization.
    • Select Start and check if the Start menu screen is turned to Full screen mode.
    • If the full screen is turned on, Turn off and check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 13, 2018
  3. LesGrant42 Win User
    Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

New update messes my start menu up

New update messes my start menu up - Similar Threads - update messes start

1. Windows Updates Mess up my Audio

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Updates Mess up my Audio: I'm running windows 10, have realtek audio. Whenever it updates the audio goes crazy, meaning if watching a movie the voices can barely be heard if at all, but music, gunshots, crashes or anything like that is loud enough for the neighbors to hear, and I have neighbors over...
  2. Bluetooth Audio turns into dysfunctional mess after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth Audio turns into dysfunctional mess after 1803 update: First of all every single time after I wake up my PC it can only connect to voice profile of my Bluetooth headset. The ONLY way to actually fix this is to connect headset to Android phone first and only after that Windows will recognize music profile. That's nuts when you...
  3. how can I get my updates without messing my device manager

in Windows 10 Support
    how can I get my updates without messing my device manager: Hi all I have been running 1493 with no issues . When Microsoft gets me the last update 16299.125 everything goes well but then I can't get to internet and when I check device manager it's a big mess plenty of yellow triangles and I don't have clue I really don't know how...
  4. Win 10 Update Messed Up My Settings; Tried To Customize, Now - BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Update Messed Up My Settings; Tried To Customize, Now - BSOD: Hello Everyone, I have to post this thread from my Win 7 machine because my regular Win 10 machine has the Black Screen Of Death, or at the very least it's unresponsive and I don't know how to proceed. I allowed Microsoft to perform the latest Win 10 Update, which...
  5. Windows creator update messed up my homegroup and network

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows creator update messed up my homegroup and network: hi, I believe my network was messed up by installing Windows 10 creator update. Now, I am running Windows 10 fall creator, but unfortunately the problem remains. I have a small network consisting of of a single desktop and a single laptop both running Windows 10 fall...
  6. 1709 Update (Messed Up WAS)

in Windows 10 Support
    1709 Update (Messed Up WAS): Looks like I have 8 errors because WAS will not start. Anybody having issues after update with WAS NOT RUNNING, If so what is the fix... Thanks... [img] [img] [img] 98249
  7. Update messed several things up on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Update messed several things up on my laptop.: Updated to latest version of Win 10, and it messed several things up. First is this.: [img] Everything is named oddly. Second is how do change the border width of the windows with regedit. And the same for the old network and volume controls. 97649
New update messes my start menu up solved