Windows 10: New update package on Windows Update for PC build 10240 today

Discus and support New update package on Windows Update for PC build 10240 today in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I've gotten the update. Here's what I'm seeing: 1) I don't seem to be having any problem shutting down or restarting. 2) The live tile of the Mail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 17, 2015.

1. sgage Win User

New update package on Windows Update for PC build 10240 today

I've gotten the update. Here's what I'm seeing:

1) I don't seem to be having any problem shutting down or restarting.
    2) The live tile of the Mail app is still not updating in anything close to a timely fashion.
    3) The notification icon seems to be working as designed, only becoming white when there's a new notification.
    4) The 'Change only the text size' feature has been borked since day 1, and still is. The dropdown list doesn't even drop down if you've scaled the display (I set mine to 125%). You can work around this issue with a registry edit, which I've written up here somewhere...
    5) I don't see am/pm on the lock screen.

sgage, Jul 17, 2015
  2. Joanne Win User

Thank you for your feedback! And I wish more would contribute.

From what you say I'll risk believing that they have not fixed much... The fact that you don't have these Apps preventing you from shutdown/restarting smoothly[*] might have been resolved after applying some well-known hacks in your Registry, at some point? I am aware of those too, but I still keep my system completely untouched and without absolutely any program installed, because I want to see how it will behave.

Anyway, let's hope for the best *Smile

PS: I do not understand why they do not fix the Lock Screen time format bug. It must be something simple, isn't it?
    [*]smoothly : like it is not my responsibility since I do not have, for example, Word opened with an unsaved document. So these apps should not appear there.

Joanne, Jul 17, 2015
  3. sgage Win User
    The only registry tinkering I've done is regarding the font sizes - I didn't do anything that might affect Apps interfering with shutdown or anything like that.

That is strange about the Lock Screen time format. I never even noticed it, to tell the truth. Maybe MS didn't, either *Wink - did you post feedback?

In any case, I always hope for the best!

sgage, Jul 17, 2015
  4. Joanne Win User

Yes, I always send Feedback after searching on-line a bit about the issue I face, because there can be a fix for it.

I noticed the difference in the time format between my desktop and my Lock screen right away because I always use a 24h time format on my system.

I'm still waiting for this update... It is a bit inconvenient because I have not installed any programs, neither have I applied any changes to the OS, not even the Zoom of 125% I always use. I hope it will arrive until later tonight - so after max 5 hours.

Joanne, Jul 17, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    MS will fix even more before the 29th.

6. Vladimir Win User
    Certainly on 29th M$ will release ISOs containing all the updates until there

Vladimir, Jul 17, 2015
  7. jyusa Win User
    "2) The live tile of the Mail app is still not updating in anything close to a timely fashion."

All my 3 machines worked since upgraded to 10240. Does it relate to Mail>Settings>Options-Notifications?

Attachment 24959

jyusa, Jul 17, 2015
  8. sgage Win User

Maybe, though I don't know why those settings should affect the live tile. I had 'show in action center' on - the two boxes were unchecked, and I've now checked them to see if that changes anything.

sgage, Jul 17, 2015
  9. Joanne Win User
    Hmm.....

Please, have a look at this :

New update package on Windows Update for PC build 10240 today [​IMG]

I just checked this menu in the Settings and saw it. I have no idea when the update tried to install and failed!...

So, what can I do now? Just keep checking again?

Joanne, Jul 17, 2015
  10. jyusa Win User
    When I had failed installation like this in the past, I was keeping checking. It took one or two times but succeed.

jyusa, Jul 17, 2015
  11. fjk61011 Win User
    These are my downloads

18th: Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074665)

17th: Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (KB2467173)

I don't remember how to do the Copy Screen thingy

fjk61011, Jul 17, 2015
  12. Joanne Win User
    Okay, thanks. I'll keep checking for the next....4 hours! I've dedicated this day to Win 10, lol....

By the way, what you posted earlier regarding the live tile of the Mail app... I had it set the way you show it. And it still did not work. For example, it was showing me no new e-mail, the live tile that is, and then I was opening the Mail app and I was seeing 4-5 new e-mails.

Joanne, Jul 17, 2015
  13. Joanne Win User

My complete update history for the 10240 build that I have installed like 4 hours ago, is shown in my screenshot above. The fact that I have not received any other updates surely has to do with the fact that I have absolutely no program (software) installed.

Joanne, Jul 17, 2015
  14. fjk61011 Win User
    This one puzzles me: Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (KB2467173).

I had no software installed before that Update.

It might be something to do with the EN-GB build?

fjk61011, Jul 17, 2015
  15. simrick Win User
    Search "snippet"

simrick, Jul 17, 2015
Thema:

1. New update package on Windows Update for PC build 10240 today - Similar Threads - update package Update

2. Updating Windows 10.0 Pro build 10240

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Windows 10.0 Pro build 10240: My laptop experienced a glitch and had to reformat the SSD . I am now busy re-installing everything. The problem is I can find nowhere upgrades for the version of windows I have and I MUST use that version and upgrade it up and inclusive of September 2021, NOT AFTER. I am...
  3. Updating Windows 10.0 Pro build 10240

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Windows 10.0 Pro build 10240: My laptop experienced a glitch and had to reformat the SSD . I am now busy re-installing everything. The problem is I can find nowhere upgrades for the version of windows I have and I MUST use that version and upgrade it up and inclusive of September 2021, NOT AFTER. I am...
  4. Updating Windows 10.0 Pro build 10240

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update from build 10240 to build 2004

Update from build 10240 to build 2004: I am currently using Windows 10 Pro, build 10240 and I want to upgrade to the latest build, 2004, using the Windows Update Assistant. But I want to know what is the size of the update before I continue. Is it going to just download the files for Windows 10 Pro build 2004 or...
  6. Update Windows 10 Build 10240 to Latest Version

Update Windows 10 Build 10240 to Latest Version: I have a PC with an Intel Core i3 6100 processor, clock speed is 3.7GHz and 8GB of RAM. I have a 930GB HHD with 891GB Free. It's on Windows 10 Enterprise. When I'm on WinVer I see that I'm on build 10240. I need to try and get it on version 2004 or build 19041. When I...
  7. Remedy for Windows 10 not updating to build 10240

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remedy for Windows 10 not updating to build 10240: For all of you that are frustrated with Win 10 not updating, go to: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html Settings---->System---->Apps&Features---->Manage Optional features and then add "insider hub". Well this is how I fixed mine and received 10240...
  8. Unable to update from Windows 10 original build (build 10240)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to update from Windows 10 original build (build 10240): Hi everyone, After not recieving the AU from Microsoft I took a look at winver I noticed that my PC has never received or installed an update since the original Windows 10 build (Version 10.0 or build 10240). I began to investigated and noticed that Cumulative Update...
  9. No update to 10240 on build 10162

No update to 10240 on build 10162: Hey guys, I've just installed Windows 10 build 10162 in my computer. I got the iso file from a torrenting site because Microsoft removed all the isos from the technical preview page, and I was late. I installed the iso in my pc, and then I checked for updates. No Windows...
  10. Windows 10 Build 10240 - Cumulative Update KB3147461

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 10240 - Cumulative Update KB3147461: Windows 10 Build 10240 - Cumulative Update KB3147461 Manually download: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...px?q=KB3147461 Direct download links: x64:...