Windows 10: New update right click (context menu) is way too big.

Discus and support New update right click (context menu) is way too big. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i noticed like 2 updates ago that the new context menu size increased so much. now i have to scroll to see the bottom just to see proprieties and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xdarkmario, Oct 1, 2015.

1. New update right click (context menu) is way too big.

i noticed like 2 updates ago that the new context menu size increased so much. now i have to scroll to see the bottom just to see proprieties and rename. its annoying id like the old context menu, is there a way to get the old menu back?

:)

xdarkmario, Oct 1, 2015

2. Context Menu Too Large

I feel your pain. Right click with the mouse, and context menus are perfect. Press and hold in touch, and they are far too big, to be useful . The bottom arrow is far too difficult and slow. Please fix!

stevenwconley, Oct 1, 2015
  3. Ordegar Win User
    Start menu, Cortana, Notifications menu

Me too. I booted up today and noticed the notification icon in the system tray had changed; mouse hover says "New notifications", but clicking it does nothing. So I clicked the start button to open settings to see if there is an update, but the start menu
    doesn't open. So I clicked the search button to try to open setting that way, but nothing happens. I can right-click the start button to get the context menu, and the system tray works for other things like my Roboform and Norton, and I also can right-click
    the taskbar and get the context menu there.

I restarted and Windows did update, but it still doesn't work.

Ordegar, Oct 1, 2015
  4. shimshom Win User

New update right click (context menu) is way too big.

If you mean the "New" part of the context menu you can use ShellMenuNew from NirSoft to disable what you don't need

shimshom, Oct 1, 2015
  5. no i mean the DPI size, not the length.

xdarkmario, Oct 12, 2015
  6. You can specificaly change the DPI ( font size ) of context menus ,title bars,dialog boxes , etc . in Windows if you arent using the global % size settings slider . FWIW I have the global setting at 125% and my menus etc. are fine on a 27" 1440 P main and 40"1080P extended display content screen .

New update right click (context menu) is way too big. [​IMG]

blutos cousin, Oct 12, 2015
  7. i see what you mean but not it feels to artificial. at size 7 the size of the menu is ok but the font in it is too small

this is the normal size

i just would like the old windows context menu back( never mind all the stuff i have installed on the context menu above) it all use to fit

see how the look is different?

xdarkmario, Oct 13, 2015
  8. New update right click (context menu) is way too big.

Try size 14 or 16 or insead use the global Window text app and other item size custom setting of 125% or 150% i.e. settings > system> display if you have more than one screen each screen ofc. would have its own setting .

blutos cousin, Oct 13, 2015
  9. Latest update fixed it. and added some cool new features!

xdarkmario, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New update right click (context menu) is way too big.

1. New update right click (context menu) is way too big. - Similar Threads - update right click

2. how to change menu right click, it too big

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change menu right click, it too big: i want to reset to default size menu right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-menu-right-click-it-too-big/3c4a2f72-cbdc-49ad-b64f-54dd1444d9c4
  3. how to change menu right click, it too big

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change menu right click, it too big: i want to reset to default size menu right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-menu-right-click-it-too-big/3c4a2f72-cbdc-49ad-b64f-54dd1444d9c4
  4. how to change menu right click, it too big

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Need the new right click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need the new right click context menu: Hi, today after I updated my Windows 11 to the 23H2 version from Beta channel insider my right click context menu has changed to the old one like it was in Windows 10. How can I get new context menu back?Build: 22631.2115 Windows 11 Home...
  6. Need the new right click context menu

Need the new right click context menu: Hi, today after I updated my Windows 11 to the 23H2 version from Beta channel insider my right click context menu has changed to the old one like it was in Windows 10. How can I get new context menu back?Build: 22631.2115 Windows 11 Home...
  7. Right Click context menu

Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  8. Is there a way to edit the right-click context menu for images?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to edit the right-click context menu for images?: https://puu.sh/GuB4M/6aee1a187e.png Would really love to remove "Create a new video", "Edit with Photos", "Edit with Paint 3D", and "Set as desktop background" since I never use any of those. submitted by /u/NostalgiaSchmaltz [link] [comments]...
  9. Rearranging right click new context menu

Rearranging right click new context menu: I wanna know how to rearrange the new menu when you right click. I just installed Microsoft Office 2019 and the default arrangement is really ugly. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/UnsettledForever [link] [comments]...
  10. Right click New context menu

Right click New context menu: I wanna know how to rearrange the new menu when you right click. I just installed Microsoft Office 2019 and the default arrangement is really ugly. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/UnsettledForever [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click menu text too big