Windows 10: New Update today BEWARE!

Discus and support New Update today BEWARE! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just did the latest update. At least it was for me. Low and behold Microsoft decided to install a little EXTRA DRM on me without notice. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Richard Shank, Sep 9, 2015.

1. New Update today BEWARE!

I just did the latest update.
    At least it was for me.

Low and behold Microsoft decided to install a little EXTRA DRM on me without notice.

It's a file called Au.exe and was in the temp folder.
    The actual program name is Online Games Manager and was immediately caught trying to call out by my firewall.

Well, it was IMMEDIATELY blocked and IMMEDIATELY uninstalled.

It's getting to the point that Microsoft is just being [removed] installing crap that is unwarranted as well as unwanted.

:)

Richard Shank, Sep 9, 2015

2. Quickbooks 2012 pro and Windows 10: saving or emailing PDF files not working

Beware.....Installed Windows 10 updates today and after 1 hour of updating I'm back to the same problem with Quickbooks and not recognizing PDF files. What a pain!!

KARENPOWER, Sep 9, 2015
  3. dltore Win User
    son downloaded minecraft mod, windows 10 went whack, windows 10 killed another hard drive

So, Just an update. Updating to Windows 10 has killed it's second hard drive for me. This FREE upgrade has cost me $350 for a new laptop, and $130 to fix my pc. Which will go back to windows 7. Beware of anything free. it is not. buyer beware. The
    guy fixing my pc said this is happening alot with people upgrading to windows 10.

dltore, Sep 9, 2015
  4. Hexagon12 Win User

New Update today BEWARE!

Ummmm.....

That has nothing to do with updates - more correct -with KB3081455. Maybe that's a virus??

You should have a scan with Malware-bytes and see it for yourself.

Hexagon12, Sep 9, 2015
  5. How do I delete this post?
    Right after I updated this program activated and I may have jumped to conclusions.

Richard Shank, Sep 9, 2015
  6. Hexagon12 Win User
    Just do "solved" on this thread and nobody will post anymore.

Hexagon12, Sep 9, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    It doesn't work that way. *Wink And @Richard Shank You can't delete someone else's post.

BunnyJ, Sep 9, 2015
  8. New Update today BEWARE!

all the same, today's updates caused some problems on some of the 10 systems i manage. it made me wish i could shut off auto update on win10 pro. i hope that feature is forthcoming.

I checked off "Defer upgrades" on every machine, and completely disabled all machines from getting and delivering updates to and from other machines on the network (just in case one of the machines got a bad DL and then delivered it to the rest of my systems). that's about as much power as MS gives us at the moment

firebasejay, Sep 9, 2015
  9. Joergi Win User
    @ firebasejay: It's like it is in football: Deferring is in fact what you should do. Preventing security relevant updates from installing is not a good idea.

Joergi, Sep 9, 2015
  10. XweAponX Win User
    I've had that file show up in my systems, not sure what it is. Here is more info on it, sometimes it shows up as "AU_.exe" Best thing to do is to check for rootkits using Malwarebytes or the TDSSKILLER app. I think it is left over from a program installer though.

As far as KB3081455 - It is another bad MS update. After it installed, it caused my AeroHost.exe to stop working and I lost my AeroGlass. After removing KB3081455, it came back. I used the MS Fixit that was posted recently to hide that update. Check the recent posts for download link.

XweAponX, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New Update today BEWARE!

1. New Update today BEWARE! - Similar Threads - Update today BEWARE

2. TotalAV - BEWARE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TotalAV - BEWARE: TotalAV is a DUD! BEWARE!If you get sucked into it, and want to remove it from your computer, use SAFE MODE in Windows 10.That's the only method that works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/totalav-beware/7aac1085-b9ad-4bbb-a334-6c62438a8899
  3. BEWARE OF SCAMMERS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BEWARE OF SCAMMERS: Today I recieved a phone call from an Indian related individual. He informed me that his company was going out of business and had to refund $299.00 Related to the fact that Windows Defender was no longer working because it expired. He wants people to download www.anydesk.com...
  4. New device today needs help updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New device today needs help updating: Can you remote log on get me updated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-device-today-needs-help-updating/31e6b059-f450-4003-851c-149ea1977549
  5. New Boy Today

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Boy Today: Hi. Have just joined today, having made the leap from my lovely Win 7 recently. In spite of some rumours I quite like the look of Win 10 (1909) and look forward to getting to know it as well as Win 7. I'm retired and have a lot of interests. At the moment I'm a little...
  6. New Boy Today

in Windows 10 Support
    New Boy Today: Hi. Have just joined today, having made the leap from my lovely Win 7 recently. In spite of some rumours I quite like the look of Win 10 (1909) and look forward to getting to know it as well as Win 7. I'm retired and have a lot of interests. At the moment I'm a little...
  7. Beware of current windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Beware of current windows 10 update.: Microsoft 10 update had me trapped for over an hour just now. They should have health warnings. Laptop is speedy and always runs cold till now but this time rather than 5 min I had to wait in a pub as trapped as could not turn off. Some warnings should be in place over scale...
  8. Beware Of The New Windows 10 Feature Update Scam.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Beware Of The New Windows 10 Feature Update Scam.: Windows 10 Issue Date: 8/28/2019 Windows 10 Issue Time: 8:00PM PDT New Windows 10 Taskbar Update. This Feature Update Had Automatically Installed Onto My Dell 15" Laptop Without My Consent And Had Immediately Restarted My Computer At 8PM. My Dell Laptop Had Noticed The...
  9. New windows 10 update today

New windows 10 update today: What is this? [img] 111938
  10. 10586 update issues - beware

10586 update issues - beware: I've been reading here and I see I'm not the only one to have issues, but I think I have one that may not have been mentioned - namely, after the update and all the regular problems like resetting default apps etc., I also realized the update went through my Fonts folder and...