Windows 10: New Update

Discus and support New Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; What is going on with this new update. This update has reset all my registry settings and removed CCleaner and other things that took me over a week... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bumper, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Bumper Win User

New Update

What is going on with this new update.

This update has reset all my registry settings and removed CCleaner and other things that took me over a week to tweak after the first upgrade to Windows 10, it's also created another Windows Old folder 20GB in the C: that don't show up in disk cleaner, I only have a small SSD for my OS and don't seem to be able to get rid, it's also turned off my System Restore, I think I'm going to reinstall my windows 7 image that I can control. It has even reset all of my network sharing settings.

Not a happy customer.

:)

Bumper, Apr 17, 2016
  2. new}} Win User

error message when trying to send emails

when trying to send an email from my laptop it gives error message: no email attached, add email or create an association in default programs in settings, how and where do I go to do this.

Samsung laptop

windows 10

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new}}, Apr 17, 2016
  3. How to enable touch screen mode in Windows 10

We have a brand new Win 8.1 Inspiron 15/7000 delivered FedEx last night. This morning ran Windows 10 upgrade. Most things seem okay. However, the Touch Screen is disabled. When I right clicking on the lower Task Bar, there is not an option to select
    Start Menu Properties. Additionally, we tried selecting Tablet Mode but that doesn't enable the Touch Screen.

Need your help.

New Inspiron, Apr 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

New Update

Hi, that sounds very like the build 10586 upgrade, but that came out last November.

It sounds like you had Win 10 running, then received some update.
    If so, what puzzles me is why that has happened so late? Were you really running 10240 before this?

Unfortunately Win 10 demands we be more aware of some aspects and alert to them than previous OS's (my opinion/experience). That's unfortunate.

Creating Windows.old is fundamental to the Windows installation and upgrade process - and will happen when the Redstone builds are released. It also happens when you do an in-place upgrade repair.

So you have to allow for it on your system disk or partition.

The other thing to beware of is the other partitions created by Windows- in some circumstances if there is insufficient space on the disk where C: is located, these may even be placed on another disk if free space is available on that- not at all desirable.

It is true that some programs are removed if unsigned/deemed incompatible with Win 10 - I'm rather surprised that should happen to Ccleaner.

It's also true that turning System Restore off is part of the build upgrade process. It's puzzling and rather annoying that MS has chosen to do that, without making it clear. This is unhelpful to users.

Now you should be able restore your previous version if you wish... that's why Windows.old is created- that's what will be restored as Windows, more or less.

dalchina, Apr 17, 2016
Thema:

New Update

1. New Update - Similar Threads - Update

2. update memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update memory: I have been trying for weeks to update the windows on my laptop as it is running quite slow. I haven't been able to get past the download stage. I have a USB and an external harddrive connected for extra memory but still cant get past this stage. Please help!!...
  3. Windows 10 tried to update and got srttrail.txt error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 tried to update and got srttrail.txt error: So I tried to update and when it seemed it was finished and the pc needed to be restarted I got srttrail.txt error and also bad system config info error. I found some info about how to possibly fix this and I attached pictures of the command prompt area. When checking the...
  4. Update

Update: If you have a computer running windows os and it is running slow or not working like you would like it to, one step that always helps me is a 2 part troubleshooting step. Part 1 is simply turning it off and leaving it off for about 5 mins and then turn it back on. The second...
  5. Recent Updates

Recent Updates: So recently I received the update kb4512578 and it caused problems with my Windows Store app opening and then immediately crashing. It also did not allow Minecraft to stay open. Nor did it allow the Bible App by Olive Tree to open and to function. I spent multiple...
  6. Windows 10 Updates - support contact

Windows 10 Updates - support contact: I need an email address or postal address to send the invoice to for business downtime of 12 hours (and counting) for the recent updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-support-contact/2efdf503-3aae-4e76-ac43-216fe182a814
  7. Windows Update Service unavailable on almost every computer

Windows Update Service unavailable on almost every computer: Most computers in our environment are not installing Windows Updates. Some are systems that have been used for years, others are brand-new computers with clean installs. These ISOs were taken directly from MSDN. The particular version of Windows does not seem to matter, as it...
  8. 1903 update probleme

1903 update probleme: I updated my windows today but when the update finished the pc restarded but after a while it's stuck on welcome screen then I waited 2h the welcome turned to restart automatique then it's started again but it's stuck again in welcome screen I restarted the pc after 4hours 3...
  9. Sound goes away after I move the slider after windows 10 update after 9/17/19

Sound goes away after I move the slider after windows 10 update after 9/17/19: After the windows 10 update in 9/17/19, my computer started having issues with my sound. My sound volume is stuck at 67% and if I try to make it quieter or louder, it will make my volume at 0. I tried going to the communications tab and making it so it does nothing. I’ve...
  10. Laptop doesn't work correctly after last 2 Windows 10 updates

Laptop doesn't work correctly after last 2 Windows 10 updates: I have been trying to undo the problems that the last two Windows 10 updates have caused on my HP laptop. Some of the issues that I'm having are: -- When I click on the Start Menu or push the button on the keyboard, the Start Menu doesn't come up. -- Because the Start...