Windows 10: New Upgrade Realtek 5.1 Driver Sound Issues

Discus and support New Upgrade Realtek 5.1 Driver Sound Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I finally got my copy of Win 10 but I'm having problems with my 5.1 speakers when I first upgraded there was no sound at all then I re-installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kheldar, Aug 10, 2015.

1. kheldar Win User

New Upgrade Realtek 5.1 Driver Sound Issues

Hello I finally got my copy of Win 10 but I'm having problems with my 5.1 speakers when I first upgraded there was no sound at all then I re-installed realtek_hd_audio_6.0.1.7464 drivers and I have sound but only from main speakers. Rear speakers do not give any sound. I tried changing default format 48k or 96k didn't work. I'm in need of your expertise.

:)

kheldar, Aug 10, 2015

2. How to get 5.1 sounds from Realtek HD Audio after upgrading to Win10 from 8.1

I also have realtek HD audio, but am having the same issue with 5.1 Dolby digital live. "failed to play test tone"

would this fall under the same issue as DTS 5.1?

upgraded from Win 7

I have tried official Realtek R2.79 drivers. still "failed to play test tone"

I can get 2 channel sound, just no 5.1

Sean_Elliott, Aug 10, 2015
  3. 5.1 surround output through optical jack audio using windows 10

I used to play 5.1 surround sound through the optical jack output on my surround system when using windows 8.1 but after upgrading to windows 10 it only allows me to play as stereo output.

The sound playback panel doesn't allow me to configure it to 5.1 surround and only shows stereo output settings.

I upgraded to the latest realtek drivers but it's not working.

Roberto_Piccirilli, Aug 10, 2015
  4. me75006 Win User

Control Panel/ Hardware and Sound/ Look for the icon with 'Realtek HD Audio' and select it.
    You can then reconfigure as needed.

me75006, Aug 10, 2015
  5. kheldar Win User
    Yeah done that. It's set to 5.1

kheldar, Aug 10, 2015
  6. kheldar Win User
    I installed the latest drivers as well. Still no fix. I have sound from front speakers but rear speakers give no sound at all.

kheldar, Aug 10, 2015
  7. me75006 Win User
    I have FL, Center, FR, woofer, RR, LR speakers.

This is what I noticed. If I select 5.1, I have no R/L rear speakers sound, I think others may have experienced this.
    If I select 7.1, my RR & LR speakers are now active.
    Strange. Might be a software shortcoming?

me75006, Aug 11, 2015
  8. kheldar Win User

Interesting! I Just tried this and it worked. I have a 5.1 system and selecting 7.1 configuration from Realtek Audio Manager fixed it for me. It's still not a viable solution though.

kheldar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New Upgrade Realtek 5.1 Driver Sound Issues - Similar Threads - Upgrade Realtek Driver

2. Realtek driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek driver issue: A couple of weeks ago, back when I had a severe case of not knowing any better, I let my curiosity about a certain program in my hidden icons known as "ASUS Q-Installer" lead me to downloading some rather unsavory drivers onto my computer. One of these was a Realtek Audio...
  3. Issue with realtek sound drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with realtek sound drivers: Hi,I purchased a new laptop MSI Alpha 15 AMD Advantage edition Windows 11 and it has this static noise from headphone jack only whenever I am about to use some application which has audio use from laptop. At the beginning of every app start, I get this Crack sound which is...
  4. Issue with realtek sound drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with realtek sound drivers: Hi,I purchased a new laptop MSI Alpha 15 AMD Advantage edition Windows 11 and it has this static noise from headphone jack only whenever I am about to use some application which has audio use from laptop. At the beginning of every app start, I get this Crack sound which is...
  5. Realtek driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek driver issue: Hello, i recently got a HyperX Cloud Alpha headset but when I connected to my laptop with 3.5mm jack the pop-ul from realtek control panel appeared. I chosen Headset and the sound started to work, but the Mic was not working. I have tried several tutorials how to fix this...
  6. Realtek Driver issue

Realtek Driver issue: Hello and thank you for reading my post.... Windows 10 Pro. Dell Inc. XPS 8920. My Realtek driver is updated and works fine for a while, then for no reason, the driver will stop working. I go to device manager/sound and right click Realtek driver even when it is not...
  7. Realtek Driver Sound issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek Driver Sound issues: Hi All, I have a Dell Desktop with a Realtek Sound card. I use it primarily for recording music through a Guitar processor output to the Line IN jack on the back plate. I had an issue with it when it was new and Dell sent me links to drivers for the sound card and the...
  8. Sound issues in with Realtek drivers on windows 10.

Sound issues in with Realtek drivers on windows 10.: 3-4 days ago I actualized my windows version and since then I have been having sound issues. Since turning my PC on yesterday I have had no sound at all. Let me go over the current situation: -I am using headphones, not speakers. -I have Gigabyte B450 M motherboard and...
  9. Realtek Sound Drivers

Realtek Sound Drivers: Hello all, I recently built a new pc and I know that everything is compatible, etc. but my sound recently stopped working. My Realtek Sound Driver is getting a (Code 10) The request is not supported even after I've tried every solution in every forum that I can come by....
  10. REALTEK Sound Driver

REALTEK Sound Driver: Hi guys I got WINDOWS 10 x64 , I was wondering , how is it possible to find out what the MYSTERY -DB Settings of each of the knobs are ? It tells us the BANDS but the -DB's ? Any help ? Thanks 94054

Users found this page by searching for:

1. New Upgrade Realtek 5.1 Driver