Windows 10: New Upgrade Realtek 5.1 Driver Sound Issues

Discus and support New Upgrade Realtek 5.1 Driver Sound Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I finally got my copy of Win 10 but I'm having problems with my 5.1 speakers when I first upgraded there was no sound at all then I re-installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kheldar, Aug 10, 2015.

1. kheldar Win User

New Upgrade Realtek 5.1 Driver Sound Issues

Hello I finally got my copy of Win 10 but I'm having problems with my 5.1 speakers when I first upgraded there was no sound at all then I re-installed realtek_hd_audio_6.0.1.7464 drivers and I have sound but only from main speakers. Rear speakers do not give any sound. I tried changing default format 48k or 96k didn't work. I'm in need of your expertise.

:)

kheldar, Aug 10, 2015

2. How to get 5.1 sounds from Realtek HD Audio after upgrading to Win10 from 8.1

I also have realtek HD audio, but am having the same issue with 5.1 Dolby digital live. "failed to play test tone"

would this fall under the same issue as DTS 5.1?

upgraded from Win 7

I have tried official Realtek R2.79 drivers. still "failed to play test tone"

I can get 2 channel sound, just no 5.1

Sean_Elliott, Aug 10, 2015
  3. 5.1 surround output through optical jack audio using windows 10

I used to play 5.1 surround sound through the optical jack output on my surround system when using windows 8.1 but after upgrading to windows 10 it only allows me to play as stereo output.

The sound playback panel doesn't allow me to configure it to 5.1 surround and only shows stereo output settings.

I upgraded to the latest realtek drivers but it's not working.

Roberto_Piccirilli, Aug 10, 2015
  4. me75006 Win User

Control Panel/ Hardware and Sound/ Look for the icon with 'Realtek HD Audio' and select it.
    You can then reconfigure as needed.

me75006, Aug 10, 2015
  5. kheldar Win User
    Yeah done that. It's set to 5.1

kheldar, Aug 10, 2015
  6. kheldar Win User
    I installed the latest drivers as well. Still no fix. I have sound from front speakers but rear speakers give no sound at all.

kheldar, Aug 10, 2015
  7. me75006 Win User
    I have FL, Center, FR, woofer, RR, LR speakers.

This is what I noticed. If I select 5.1, I have no R/L rear speakers sound, I think others may have experienced this.
    If I select 7.1, my RR & LR speakers are now active.
    Strange. Might be a software shortcoming?

me75006, Aug 11, 2015
  8. kheldar Win User

Interesting! I Just tried this and it worked. I have a 5.1 system and selecting 7.1 configuration from Realtek Audio Manager fixed it for me. It's still not a viable solution though.

kheldar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New Upgrade Realtek 5.1 Driver Sound Issues - Similar Threads - Upgrade Realtek Driver

2. Realtek Stereo Sound Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Stereo Sound Issues: I started noticing that in games, some sounds aren't working properly. As an example, in 3D games such as Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands 2 and Dying Light, the positional audio for character dialog lowers in volume if you are not facing directly at the character. If I turn...
  3. realtek audio drivers for asus onboard sound

realtek audio drivers for asus onboard sound: How can I roll back the insider updates past the point where they stopped supporting Realtek hd audio. I have an asus mother board that runs sonic 3 sound interface that requires Realtek drivers to be installed. I have installed dozens of oldest to newest driver to no avail....
  4. Realtek HD Audio Driver Issue

Realtek HD Audio Driver Issue: Hello, I have tried looking online for answers but nothing has worked thus far for my problem. As of last night, the audio on my speakers has been having problems. When I first opened up my computer, no sound would come out of the speakers, however, my headphones still...
  5. Windows 10 Realtek Drivers Sounds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Realtek Drivers Sounds: Greg, Hello again. I'm sorry to bugg you about the issues i'm confronting on my new computer with Realtek Drivers for the sounds that for the speakers i have, i am just not too content with the performance. Since it's not 30 days old (computer) i was thinking i might try to...
  6. Realtek Sound Drivers

Realtek Sound Drivers: Hello all, I recently built a new pc and I know that everything is compatible, etc. but my sound recently stopped working. My Realtek Sound Driver is getting a (Code 10) The request is not supported even after I've tried every solution in every forum that I can come by....
  7. Realtek/Driver Microphone issues.

Realtek/Driver Microphone issues.: I'm at this point broken down almost at trying to find everything to fix this problem. My Mic works find tried on other PC's, Tried both front and back headphone and mic jacks, tried even a USB audio converter that takes voice/sound in. I've tried literally every single...
  8. REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE

REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE: To all who read this post, I apologize in advance for abandoning polite manners. However, I am done wasting my good manners on Microsoft; patience and polite approaches are pointless with Microsoft. You are ignored, handed a stale, ineffective "solution", and otherwise left...
  9. No sound after installing Voicemeeter and Realtek drivers.

No sound after installing Voicemeeter and Realtek drivers.: I recently got a new microphone so I decided to download Voicemeeter to customize it. After downloading, the sound completely disappeared. I removed it and the sound came back, but I decided to reinstall it. The sound was gone again so I thought I would re-download the...
  10. REALTEK Sound Driver

REALTEK Sound Driver: Hi guys I got WINDOWS 10 x64 , I was wondering , how is it possible to find out what the MYSTERY -DB Settings of each of the knobs are ? It tells us the BANDS but the -DB's ? Any help ? Thanks 94054