Windows 10: New upgrade to Windows 10, password lost

Discus and support New upgrade to Windows 10, password lost in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have an Acer laptop that is only used for the Internet. The OS was recently upgraded to Windows 10, not by me. The problem is a forgotten or misused... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by 4dogsnew, Jan 11, 2016.

1. 4dogsnew Win User

New upgrade to Windows 10, password lost

I have an Acer laptop that is only used for the Internet. The OS was recently upgraded to Windows 10, not by me. The problem is a forgotten or misused password. I can't get beyond enter your password. Does anyone know how to get around this issue? I'd like to reset the password, but Windows 10 isn't letting me do that. Any help is appreciated.

:)

4dogsnew, Jan 11, 2016
  2. 007_UKR Win User

Question on Windows 10 and Password when upgraded to WIndows 10

If a Win 8 account has lost it's admin password, and thus no admin rights, can the machine be upgraded to Win 10 creating a new admin password that can be established?

007_UKR, Jan 11, 2016
  3. forgot password after upgrading to 10

Hi, Ijust upgraded to 10 and am prompted for my password- which Idon't know. There is no prompt for lost password or password reset, so I reset my password on my phone but that new one won't work.

Thanks in advance for the help.

jeffreygreenhaus, Jan 11, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 11, 2016
Thema:

1. New upgrade to Windows 10, password lost - Similar Threads - upgrade password lost

2. lost windows 10 password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost windows 10 password: Have tried about five different ways to change windows 10 password after my grandson change the password. When in the command prompt the user name 'glene' is not showing as a net user, but is showing on the sign in screen. Help....
  3. lost windows 10 password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost windows 10 password: Have tried about five different ways to change windows 10 password after my grandson change the password. When in the command prompt the user name 'glene' is not showing as a net user, but is showing on the sign in screen. Help....
  4. lost windows 10 password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. lost log in password windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lost log in password windows 10: Can anyone tell me if I can change log in password on my friends laptop - he has forgotten it. I can access his Microsoft account and emails from my own laptop. I can only communicate with him via phone....
  6. Password lost on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password lost on Windows 10: How do I recuperate the password of Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-lost-on-windows-10/78961f7c-341a-41c1-8ce9-d4201f1ea28b
  7. Windows 10 password lost

Windows 10 password lost: Please send me information on recovering Windows 10, need a new password, the last one I have does not work now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-password-lost/6e95fb59-d517-46b9-bd4d-f97818379962
  8. Lost Password for Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost Password for Windows 10: A friend passed away last week. He changed his startup password two days before he died. He did not write it down of tell his wife that he did. Now she is unable to access their financial information and other important data. Is there a way to bypass the startup password...
  9. New BIOS Password after upgrading to Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New BIOS Password after upgrading to Windows 10?: Greetings, I have an Acer Aspire 7750z, I upgraded to windows 10 from 7 ultimate. I tried to enter the bios, I disable fast startup, then restarted from complete power down, I hit f2, I then get a prompt for the current password. I tried my windows password, that's not it....
  10. Mozilla lost bookmarks and passwords after upgrade

Mozilla lost bookmarks and passwords after upgrade: Hey, Anybody else have the wonderful experience of losing all their bookmarks and their password database when they restarted Firefox after the update from Windows 7 (or any other version) -> Windows 10?? Yes, did create system image but did not preserve C:\users (->...