Windows 10: New user account sound settings reset

Discus and support New user account sound settings reset in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; as the title suggests i made a new account (local) and then made it an admin aswell yet the sound settings reset on that account all the time for... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by fleks, Nov 26, 2017.

1. fleks Win User

New user account sound settings reset

as the title suggests i made a new account (local) and then made it an admin aswell yet the sound settings reset on that account all the time
    for example if i set chrome to 30% it will jump back to 100% after re opening chrome,systemsounds jumps straioght back to 100% instantly.
    how can i fix this? my original admin account doesnt have that problem besides with spotify - this sometimes resets to 100% on boot only

:)

fleks, Nov 26, 2017
  2. neilpzz Win User

Edge saying I need to log in as a different administrator but I am the only user

Do you use your own user name to login. You shouldn't use the default (built in) administrator account for normal everyday use. It sounds like that is what is happening.

Go to Settings > Accounts and try setting a new user as administrator (with a password) and then try Edge (or others) again using the new login.

neilpzz, Nov 26, 2017
  3. Windows 10 start menu, updates, pc settings, action centre, store and edge not working /not present

Hello, still not fixed. Unable to create a new user account or reset laptop. Computer just freezes when I try to open pc settings. Control panel opens but updates missing, reset missing just keeps directing me to pc settings which is absent. Get occassional
    noise as if something has happened but nothing visable. Sounds like a notification ping but no programme opens and no text box appears.

emilyshepherd, Nov 26, 2017
Thema:

New user account sound settings reset

1. New user account sound settings reset - Similar Threads - user account sound

2. New User Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New User Account: I am trying to make another user account for my computer. I have a account set up for me but i need a new one for my brother. when i try making a account this is what i get I tyr making a local account and when i try to sign in to it i cant....
  3. New User Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New User Account: I am trying to make another user account for my computer. I have a account set up for me but i need a new one for my brother. when i try making a account this is what i get I tyr making a local account and when i try to sign in to it i cant....
  4. User Account Settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Account Settings: Question: I have created a new user account with administration rights. I want to delete this existing user account with standard rights. If I delete the account, will all the install programs and files under this account also be deleted? Or what other solutions can I do to...
  5. User Account Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Settings: Why can't I change User Account Settings now when I previously could? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-settings/81a7dba3-9eb4-41ad-bd80-73ba84674f43
  6. User Accounts and settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Accounts and settings: I somehow created a local account and user accountLogged on using microsoft account both are admin account. I want the user account as the admin only account and remove the local account but I couldn't remove the local account. If removing isn't possible I want to merge the...
  7. User account settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User account settings: My administrative user account automatically changed to local user administrator. My keyboard connections got short, and a technician disabled it keyboard. Now I am passing time on touch keyboard. After disabling keyboard, I'm facing this issue of local account. I don't...
  8. Sound drivers and User accounts ...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound drivers and User accounts ...: Hello! This seems simple but I can't figure it out. I have 2 user accounts on my PC (Windows 10). When User A logs in I want to load the generic Windows sound driver. When User B logs in I want to load the Tascam sound driver for my audio interface. Right now, when...
  9. new user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    new user account: how do I add other people to a home pc and use a pin number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/new-user-account/254b067d-9b37-4ae2-b4ce-15cf2f1a5e63"
  10. Keyboard settings not carried over to new user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Keyboard settings not carried over to new user account: (Reposted, as I posted to the wrong sub-topic): This problem is driving me crazy. I am running a laptop with a French keyboard layout, with Windows set on British English. For my admin account this works fine - there is an English and French input method available in the...