Windows 10: New User Accounts Creation Problems

Discus and support New User Accounts Creation Problems in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows 10 / Home / Lenovo i5 PC. Windows 10 was pre-installed (so not an upgrade from a previous version). When I create a new standard local user... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by fuzzbass, Jan 4, 2017.

1. fuzzbass Win User

New User Accounts Creation Problems

Windows 10 / Home / Lenovo i5 PC. Windows 10 was pre-installed (so not an upgrade from a previous version).

When I create a new standard local user and try and log in to it Windows creates the icon for the account. However when I try to log in for the first time it does not run any of the "Hi we're just getting everything ready for you" dialogue... Welcome flashes up briefly and then it signs me out - so I never get to the actual standard account

When I create a local user with admin privileges, it does go through the account creation - and when I sign in, the windows menu does not work, search does not work, if I try an configure the desktop it tells me windows components are missing. The screen resolution is off and the only some of the local apps appear to work. The only way to get out of the account is CTRL+ALT+DEL and sign out.

I've run Powershell + sfc /scannow but that doesn't turn up anything.

I've seen suggestions that I copy the default profile from another machine. Comparing the default profile on this machine with another one shows that there are different folder sizes and numbers of files.

Is this safe... or do is there another way (or do I need to reinstall W10)?

Cheers

:)

fuzzbass, Jan 4, 2017

2. The User Profile Service failed the logon” error message

Original Title: Account Creation

I am experiencing a problem regarding creation of an account.Though already a microsoft account has been logged in,but a new account is not being created.

Everytime i sign in with that account an error comes-

The User Profile Service service has failed the sign-in

The user profile can't be loaded.

How can i fix this?

Kalit Jain, Jan 4, 2017
  3. windows 10 error Code C1900101 - 20017

Hi I had the same code and I tried and tried and tried over and over for several days and then today I opened the CD door and left it open then I took out the SD card left it out and unplugged my computer from the electric outlet and to my amazement it
    finally went pass 25%(coping file 84%) and now I have windows 10 You guys have to try this.

Please try this

new creation, Jan 4, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

I've had this problem on 2 PCs recently after upgrading them to the Anniversary Edition. The problem a was a corrupted default user profile. I've no idea how it was corrupted but I worked around the problem by copying a new version of the default profile to c:\users.

I've used two fixes:

• Copy the default user profile from a working PC using the same version of W10
    • Copy the default profile from the same W10 version ISO installation media using this method:

• Mount the Windows 10 ISO image
    • Find install.wim in the sources folder
    • Open install.wim using 7 Zip
    • Navigate to Folder 1 / Users
    • Extract the Default Profile
    Some people have had success just copying a new version ntuser.dat from a working default user profile (correct W10 version) into the default user profile.

I posed the question of what is the best way of solving problems with a corrupted default user profile short of reinstalling W10 but never received a reply. See https://www.tenforums.com/user-accou...r-profile.html

Steve C, Jan 5, 2017
  5. fuzzbass Win User
    Ok - I've got two machines running W10 Home v1607 and have copied the ntuser.dat from the good one to the bad one.

This seems to be working fine - both standard and admin accounts seem to work fine. Interestingly the creation of the Admin account is much quicker than with the (I guess) corrupt profile.

Thanks!

fuzzbass, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New User Accounts Creation Problems - Similar Threads - User Accounts Creation

2. How to undo creation of user account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to undo creation of user account?: Could somebody please tell me how do I undo what I've done?I tried to disable the login on my Win 10 Pro Home Theater PC following this - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-10-login-screen-on-startup/fda83de1-4fbd-40ae-bea0-677c6aad1a07...
  3. How to undo creation of user account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to undo creation of user account?: Could somebody please tell me how do I undo what I've done?I tried to disable the login on my Win 10 Pro Home Theater PC following this - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-10-login-screen-on-startup/fda83de1-4fbd-40ae-bea0-677c6aad1a07...
  4. How to undo creation of user account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New User Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New User Account: I am trying to make another user account for my computer. I have a account set up for me but i need a new one for my brother. when i try making a account this is what i get I tyr making a local account and when i try to sign in to it i cant....
  6. New User Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New User Account: I am trying to make another user account for my computer. I have a account set up for me but i need a new one for my brother. when i try making a account this is what i get I tyr making a local account and when i try to sign in to it i cant....
  7. Problems with adding a new user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems with adding a new user account: Following a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 I've repeatedly added a family member as an account user on the PC. Each time after getting the usual "Please wait" and "We're sorting it" messages the new user desktop opens with a message saying there is not enough disk space -...
  8. new user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    new user account: how do I add other people to a home pc and use a pin number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/new-user-account/254b067d-9b37-4ae2-b4ce-15cf2f1a5e63"
  9. New Account Creation Problems

New Account Creation Problems: I upgraded my desktop PC to v1607 yesterday. All was working fine so as final check I tried creating a new local user account. The account was created OK but when I logged in to the new account, the PC was stuck on "Getting things ready" for over 30 mins. I couldn't use Ctrl...
  10. User account creation--does nothing

User account creation--does nothing: Got Win 10 installed with no issues. Tried to create a second user account and i get the spinning wheel of doom and nothing happens. Checked all the services associated with user accounts and restarted them as well. rebooted to safe mode and same thing. Anyone else have this...