Windows 10: New User Has No Icons On Her Desktop...

Discus and support New User Has No Icons On Her Desktop... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The labels are there, but there is no/blank icons...please help. 77799 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by centralclark, Feb 20, 2017.

1. New User Has No Icons On Her Desktop...

The labels are there, but there is no/blank icons...please help.

:)

centralclark, Feb 20, 2017

2. Multiple User accounts with separate desktops, how to hide folder on new account.

Hey, I've set up a user account on my PC to allow my mom to sign in and do her own work on the computer, without interfering with any of my files or work. However, it seems my desktop icons are cluttered all over the desktop on her account, and she still
    has access to many of my folders. Is there anyway to create a dedicated desktop for her, while not interfering with any of my files or desktop icons?

DaltonAdams, Feb 20, 2017
  3. MarkIX Win User
    Windows 10 desktop PC is stuck in the tablet mode

Windows 10 desktop PC is stuck in the tablet mode

I have a user that has a Windows 10 PC that worked fine for a long time.
    But recently her desktop has been stuck in the tablet mode.
    In the lower right hand corner, is a virtual keyboard icon. In her start menu there are the 3 items on top (START, Pinned tiles and All Apps) menu items just like the tablet mode.

If I go to the action center (lower right corner icon) and launch the menu, the Tablet Mode Icon is greyed out.
    If I go to settings>USE DESKTOP MODE>, the DESKTOP MODE is selected, yet even after reboot it still shows that it is selected for desktop mode.
    Yet, the environment remains in the tablet mode.

I have changed out the user’s profile and that solves the problem.
    However, we have a lot of applications to configure which will take probably one full day to configure, so we are trying to avoid having to swap out her user profile.
    Does anyone here have a possible solution to this issue?

MarkIX, Feb 20, 2017
  4. New User Has No Icons On Her Desktop...

lehnerus2000, Feb 21, 2017
Thema:

New User Has No Icons On Her Desktop...

1. New User Has No Icons On Her Desktop... - Similar Threads - User Has Icons

2. Files/icons not syncing to the users desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files/icons not syncing to the users desktop.: Hello,We have an umbrella 2008 r2 server with vpn access so users can work remote. The users desktop and documents are synced with the server which allows me to backup and retrieve any files they may of deleted/corrupted. All users are on windows 11 with 2018+ laptops.The...
  3. Files/icons not syncing to the users desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files/icons not syncing to the users desktop.: Hello,We have an umbrella 2008 r2 server with vpn access so users can work remote. The users desktop and documents are synced with the server which allows me to backup and retrieve any files they may of deleted/corrupted. All users are on windows 11 with 2018+ laptops.The...
  4. Desktop icons across all users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons across all users: How can I stop the desktop icons from changing across all users? There's two accounts on my PC: mine and my friend's. Mine is a Microsoft, his is a local account. If I delete a shortcut from my desktop, it's deleted on his too. How can we stop this? It's annoying....
  5. User icon pics and User desktop background setup

User icon pics and User desktop background setup: Running Windows 10 … have 5 Users defined on one PC. Have 2 PCs on home network. The pics for User icons and User desktop background/setups getting interchanged, some between the 2 PCs. What gives??? How to stop this action. Jim H...
  6. Create new user on desktop

Create new user on desktop: How can one create a new user on a desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-user-on-desktop/a51b28e1-964a-4edb-90a2-c0b73cd123a4
  7. Desktop Logins As New User

Desktop Logins As New User: Have an issue where my desktop logins act like we're a new user. All document / file directories are gone, etc. Login this morning was fine. Ran a folder scan prior to installing a new app. Encountered a "Can't open …" message for windows defender so rebooted. On logging...
  8. Desktop Network icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Network icon has disappeared: Yesterday I did a repair install and followed that up with some of my normal tweaks such as changing desktop icons, removing icons from explorer navigation pane and such. This morning I noticed that my desktop network icon has disappeared. You can see from the pic that my...
  9. Desktop Network icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Network icon has disappeared: Yesterday I did a repair install and followed that up with some of my normal tweaks such as changing desktop icons, removing icons from explorer navigation pane and such. This morning I noticed that my desktop network icon has disappeared. You can see from the pic that my...
  10. Placement of new icons on the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Placement of new icons on the desktop: Hello everyone, I have an issue that has been nagging me for years now and through multiple versions of Windows and am hoping someone can help me finally figure it out. I use my desktop as my workspace - in addition to shortcuts it also contains files and folders I am...