Windows 10: New user logged off at log-on

Discus and support New user logged off at log-on in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have upgraded my Vaio laptop to Win 10 Home, and with my single admin user have created a new non-admin local user (not with a Microsoft account).... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ms10, Nov 26, 2015.

1. ms10 Win User

New user logged off at log-on

I have upgraded my Vaio laptop to Win 10 Home, and with my single admin user have created a new non-admin local user (not with a Microsoft account). When logging in with this local user the log-on screen immediately says "Signing out" and that's it. Nothing.

I've been Googling and have found no cure, so here goes - full detail:

- The Vaio SVP, originally Win 8 was put through a full factory reset, then upgraded with Win 8 updates, then upgraded to 8.1, updated, then upgraded to Win 10. There's very little software installed apart from AV.

- New non-admin user created (non-Microsoft), then logged on with that user. Was immediately logged off. When I logged on with my admin account and looked at the Event viewer there were the following errors:

- The winlogon notification subscriber <SessionEnv> was unavailable to handle a critical notification event.
    - Windows Search Service has created default configuration for new user 'VAIO\NewUser' .
    - The description for Event ID 0 from source igfxCUIService2.0.0.0 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
    - The description for Event ID 0 from source SynTPEnhService cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
    - Profile notification of event Create for component {2c86c843-77ae-4284-9722-27d65366543c} failed, error code is Not implemented
    - User Profile Service - Windows cannot load classes registry file. DETAIL - The system cannot find the file specified.
    - Winlogon - The Windows logon process has failed to spawn a user application. Application name: . Command line parameters: C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe.
    - User Profile Service - Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards. No user action is required.

So, I deleted the user, then tried creating the user as an admin. At first logon, which took 15-20 mins of setup, i finally arrived at the desktop. Great! But then trouble. Start button doesn't work, right-click desktop and choose personalize and getting an error message: ms-settings:display This file does not have a program associated with it.....

Based on advice elsewhere I can include:
    - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit = C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe,
    - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell = explorer.exe
    - I've also tried creating the new user with the "net user /add" command, but same outcome

Any thoughts, advice, help?

Thanks
    Mark

:)

2. nat_2811 Win User

new user account logs off

I created a new user account and it does not let me sign in. after 2 seconds it logs me out, i really need to fix this problem, thank you.

nat_2811, Nov 26, 2015
  3. Gil deG Win User
    new user account logs off

If you are trying to add a new user as a guest to your computer, kindly follow the steps below:

1) Click on START

2) Click on Settings (next to the gear image)

3) Click on Accounts

4) Click on Family & other users (On the left side panel)

5) Under "Other Users" - Click Add someone else to this PC

6) When prompts for email, near the bottom, Click I don't have this person's sign on information

5) At create your account prompt, click Add a user without a Microsoft account

6) Enter the username you wish to use - example: Guest Account or Guest User

7) Enter the password you wish to use and re-enter same password- example: 123456 or Welcome123

8) Enter the password hint. Note you cannot use the password - example: One through six or yellow curved fruit

9) Click Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Gil deG, Nov 26, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Just noticed that this has gone unanswered for 6 days. Are you still looking for a solution?

philc43, Dec 3, 2015
  5. ms10 Win User
    Hi, I still have no solution. The only option open to me is to completely restore the laptop back to factory default (Win 8), then add the 2nd user, then follow the long and laborious upgrade route again.

If you have any means of fixing my Win 10 installation it would be greatly appreciated.

ms10, Dec 4, 2015
  6. philc43 Win User
    Hi Mark,

I think a W10 clean installation is best and login with your MS account before adding a new user.

You do not need to go through the long process of W8 to 8.1 but download the W10 from MS Tech Bench to a DVD or USB and select the correct home version to match what you had before. You skip any activation steps during the install and wait for W10 to activate itself once it is installed.

You will lose any software that came with your laptop but that may not be a bad thing!

Do first make a system image backup in case you do want to ever go back.

philc43, Dec 4, 2015
  7. Steve C Win User
    I've just done a repair install to fix a user account problem and I'm now getting the problem you describe immediately after a repair install - this is very disappointing.

Is there a known fix for this problem? If not, I fear a clean installation may be required.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New user logged off at log-on - Similar Threads - user logged off

2. User logged off or the session is locked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User logged off or the session is locked?: Hi,Is it possible to identify using the event viewer or other tools if a user logged off from his workstation or he only locked the session?And if the session is locked, how can I distinguish between the user actively locked the session or if the session was locked due to...
  3. User logged off or the session is locked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User logged off or the session is locked?: Hi,Is it possible to identify using the event viewer or other tools if a user logged off from his workstation or he only locked the session?And if the session is locked, how can I distinguish between the user actively locked the session or if the session was locked due to...
  4. User logged off or the session is locked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Log on AND log Off sounds..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log on AND log Off sounds..: I cant seem to find the log on and log off sound options in the customize sound menu, tho I changed the and selected the play sounds on startup option, I have a windows 11 Inspiron, is the option there somewhere else if yes where??...
  6. Log on AND log Off sounds..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Log on AND log Off sounds..: I cant seem to find the log on and log off sound options in the customize sound menu, tho I changed the and selected the play sounds on startup option, I have a windows 11 Inspiron, is the option there somewhere else if yes where??...
  7. log in with new user, not able to log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    log in with new user, not able to log in: I made a new user account and they are not able to log in. the outlook account is valid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-with-new-user-not-able-to-log-in/5f311638-1c9b-47b4-a35b-844dd09f3dda"
  8. Log off all but current user

Log off all but current user: Hi, I have a computer that my kids use for their schoolwork and need to find a way to enforce logging off all but the current user. I have "microsoft family" limiting the amount of time the kids can spend on the computer each day and when they run out of time it simply locks...
  9. Log off all but current user

in Windows 10 Support
    Log off all but current user: Hi, I have a computer that my kids use for their schoolwork and need to find a way to enforce logging off all but the current user. I have "microsoft family" limiting the amount of time the kids can spend on the computer each day and when they run out of time it simply locks...
  10. Logging in as new User in domain

Logging in as new User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The description for Event ID 0 from source igfxCUIService2.0.0.0 cannot be found