Windows 10: New User - Not Me ?

Discus and support New User - Not Me ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; During the course of fixing a Start Menu issue where I had lost my App Icons and had no functionality of the Start Menu, resolved by running the Repair... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BuzWeaver, Dec 19, 2016.

1. BuzWeaver Win User

New User - Not Me ?

During the course of fixing a Start Menu issue where I had lost my App Icons and had no functionality of the Start Menu, resolved by running the Repair Windows Image, I had created a new User Account.

I created this new user (Admin) to try and resolve the issue, but, when I created the new account by entering my email address, it showed the name Jenni Frisbie? I don't know a Jenni Frisbie. My PC and Software is all my own. I'm the sole user as well. I've never seen this name nor have this person on any of my social media. I've deleted the User Account from my Users.

New User - Not Me ? [​IMG]

:)

BuzWeaver, Dec 19, 2016

2. Not allowing me to sign into new user account.

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know if you've referring to a Microsoft Account or a local account and are you connected to any domain?

I suggest you to check whether you're able to login in safe mode or not. To do so,

Press and hold the shift key while clicking on Restart
    at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>
    Advanced Options> Startup Settings> Restart >>Choose
    Enable Safe mode.

Let us know the updated status and we'll be happy to help.

Navneet Anand, Dec 19, 2016
  3. Not allowing me to sign into new user account.

In Windows 10 I created a new user account for my son and when he tries to sign on it says “Welcome” and then immediately say “Signing Off” and he’s off!

CalvinSchmall, Dec 19, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

New User - Not Me ?

Strange!

When you create a user account in Windows as a Microsoft account, the name shown will be the one user has given when the Microsoft email address was created, or the one user has changed it to later on. To change the name user has to sign in to https://account.live.com:

New User - Not Me ? [​IMG]

Can't think anything else than that an unauthorized person has had access to your account and changed the display name. First thing I would do is to change the password of that Microsoft account, and set up two-step verification (tutorial).

5. BuzWeaver Win User
    My current original/main account, which I am the sole user on this PC no one but me has access to this computer, is set up with a Gmail account. When I created the new user I entered in a AOL email address. I attempted to create a new user just now with a different Gamil and it stated that I would need to create a new Microsoft account. This was not the case when I use the AOL address. The process simply went through and then the Jenni Frisbie account showed up. As mentioned I've since deleted that user account and I have no particular need to create a new user.

I was able to log into Microsoft Account Management with my main account with no issues (then I logged out). I don't leave my main account logged in, I set my computer with the offline mode.

BuzWeaver, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New User - Not Me ?

1. New User - Not Me ? - Similar Threads - User

2. RDP: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with...: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with the previous user's credentials.- Make an admin.rdp file with the administrator login and tell it to save the password.- Make another normal.rdp file with the normal login and tell it to save...
  3. RDP: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with...: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with the previous user's credentials.- Make an admin.rdp file with the administrator login and tell it to save the password.- Make another normal.rdp file with the normal login and tell it to save...
  4. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  5. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  6. Need to access Admin User log-in, can't access after inadvertently logging in as Local User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to access Admin User log-in, can't access after inadvertently logging in as Local User: I run Windows 11 Pro After inadvertently signing in on my laptop as Local User human graphic with name adjacent instead of the login with human on lanyard/name badge graphic adjacent to my name, used exclusively since setting my laptop up, my laptop is essentially brand new...
  7. Need to access Admin User log-in, can't access after inadvertently logging in as Local User

Need to access Admin User log-in, can't access after inadvertently logging in as Local User: I run Windows 11 Pro After inadvertently signing in on my laptop as Local User human graphic with name adjacent instead of the login with human on lanyard/name badge graphic adjacent to my name, used exclusively since setting my laptop up, my laptop is essentially brand new...
  8. windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist: I am currently trying to enable nearby sharing on my pc, and in order to enable it I need to enter a verification pin for a user that does not exist on my PC. It did previously, but I removed the account as it was not needed and I do not remember the initial pin or any...
  9. windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist

windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist: I am currently trying to enable nearby sharing on my pc, and in order to enable it I need to enter a verification pin for a user that does not exist on my PC. It did previously, but I removed the account as it was not needed and I do not remember the initial pin or any...
  10. "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in": Hi, The question sums it up. Randomly failed to open my account.Why? I restarted and everything worked troubleshooting solution ... But why did this happen? and so suddenly?Saved preferences, website cookies, passwords, etc.. were lost. Frustrating but if someone has ways to...