Windows 10: New version of ASUS AI Suite that works with KB4056892 availabe

Discus and support New version of ASUS AI Suite that works with KB4056892 availabe in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Go to the Maximus Code X downloads. Works for my Z87 Hero VI and with the Windows 10 Intel Meltdown patch. It was released yesterday. ROG MAXIMUS X... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Geneo, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Geneo Win User

New version of ASUS AI Suite that works with KB4056892 availabe

Geneo, Jan 4, 2018

2. 2018-01 Windows 10 version 1703 (KB4056891) problems

I have the same problem with Asus AI Suite 2, but with KB4056892.

I have uninstalled KB4056892, rebooted and confirmed that this update was the problem.

I ran 'wushowhide' and it has confirmed that this update is now hidden.

Would be good to have an update for Asus AI Suite II, as I understand that Suite 3 is not compatible with my motherboard.

Peter Jasper, Jan 4, 2018
  3. 2018-01 Windows 10 version 1709 (KB4056892) problems

As of today ASUS still not understand that the Microsoft Update has broken AI SUITE II. We emailed ASUS as well as contributed in ASUS forums that AI Suite II is not broken. They released a quick beta fix for users with AI Suite III requirements but this
    is no good for current and older ASUS motherboards that require version II.

We received an email from ASUS Global Support today with a link to AI Suite III which is of absolute no use in resolving this issue for boards such as M5A99FX 2.0 Pro or M5A97 R2.0

We are certain that ASUS currently do not understand that AI Suite II also requires a fix, therefore they are not even considering it a problem for many ASUS customer.

I suggest that you contact ASUS customer support to ensure that they understand the issue.

The only solution currently is to remove KB4056892 and AI SUITE II will work as expected, this of course may present a risk, although we understand Microsoft has suspended this update for AMD devices due to ongoing issues.

TechnicaOne1, Jan 4, 2018
  4. Cliff S New Member

Downloaded and scanned it with Malwarebytes and Defender an it came up clean on both.
    Installing now, I'll see how it like my Maximus X Hero and let you know after the reboot.
    Thanks Geneo*Thumbs

Cliff S, Jan 4, 2018
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Working for me!
    Thanks again.
    Now I don't need to go into BIOS every time I want to change my fan speeds.
    This ASUS board has lousy fan software compared to my old MSI Z170 PC MATE.
    It refuses to let you set the minimum speeds "you" want to have.
    And I know my fans, can be fine tuned to the exact curve I want, but the ASUS doesn't really let you, in Windows or in BIOS.
    Pretty sad if you as me, for the 290($349) that I paid for it*Sad

New version of ASUS AI Suite that works with KB4056892 availabe [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jan 4, 2018
  6. Phone Man Win User
    Did you install the Beta over the top, or remove old version first? Was the current settings preserved?

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jan 4, 2018
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Me?
    I had uninstalled it(and used the ASUS Suite services cleaner too, and nuked it from the registry, plus nuked all the prefetch files too)) as soon as it wasn't working any more.
    That damn "server error" was getting on my nerves at every boot*Banghead

Cliff S, Jan 4, 2018
  8. CountMike New Member

Damn thing throws my and as far as I heard all other Ryzen systems into tail spin.

CountMike, Jan 4, 2018
  9. worf105 Win User
    worf105, Jan 4, 2018
  10. worf105 Win User
    I done the same thing as you Cliff. Installed the Beta and all is good again. Even setup my 3 fan curves (Low, Gaming & Gaming High)

worf105, Jan 4, 2018
  11. I can't download it, that page is over the download limit. They told me to try again in 19 hours. *cry It is a good thing I am not looking for a new motherboard right now.

alkaufmann, Jan 4, 2018
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Use the second google link

Cliff S, Jan 5, 2018
  13. AddRAM Win User

After that update my Asus Suite no longer worked either, but somehow my 4 Corsair SP120 case fans on my Z170 are now linked up with Corsair Link, when the H100i v2 fans rev up so do the case fans, I don`t understand it, but I think I like it.

I just set the H100i to balanced or performance for gaming and all is well, but I`ll give the Beta Suite a shot. All I want it for is to control my 4 Corsair SP120 Case fans connected to the MB.

AddRAM, Jan 5, 2018
  14. Geneo Win User
    I installed it over. The state of my Asus AIsuite is it fails to uninstall, but does not fail to update. *Rolleyes

Geneo, Jan 5, 2018
  15. I just installed this for the first time and everything seems to work great so far. I used it to overclock also and temps are ridiculously low, but I have Noctua CPU cooler and 3 large Noctua fans in a full size case. It's scary that the fans are so quite I can't tell the computer is on.

stealth2920, Jan 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New version of ASUS AI Suite that works with KB4056892 availabe - Similar Threads - version ASUS Suite

2. PSA: Getting Driver Power State Failure? Have an Asus mobo? Uninstall AI suite.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PSA: Getting Driver Power State Failure? Have an Asus mobo? Uninstall AI suite.: Was having this issue. The fix for me was my ASUS x99 motherboard had it's AI suite software and that installed a bad usb3hub driver found to be the cause in my dump files. After I uninstalled the software I haven't had a bluescreen since. You might have to uninstall that...
  3. Can't install asus suite software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install asus suite software: I bought an Asus laptop with windows 10, then bought an Asus external dvd drive. Asus sdrw-08u9m-u and windows will not allow software to be down loaded. Do I really have to leave S mode , thanks jrstriby...
  4. Asus suite causes freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus suite causes freeze: Hi, I've wanted to update using Al Suite III but after an hour of desktop on and keyboard and screen off I made the mistake of shutting my pc down the hard way and now it freezes after about 2 minutes of using my pc. I'm a pc dummy so I have no idea what i can and cannot...
  5. Update KB4056892 crashes with 0x800f0845

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update KB4056892 crashes with 0x800f0845: After battling for two days with problems in the december update making my graphics card obsolete, all was well for about 2 hours when I noticed the January update. This downloaded and installed and I then rebooted. It got to 30% and then said it was rebooting again. The...
  6. failed to install KB4056892

failed to install KB4056892: I have a Elitebook 2560p and I have a clean install of Windows 10 on it (not officially supported by HP but it works fine without third party driver apart the ones that Windows auto download from Windows update). I have a problem with KB4056892 it fails with the error code...
  7. Big problems with update KB4056892

Big problems with update KB4056892: One of my machines is a HP Laptop. This has windows 10 - 64 bit O/S. Build 1709 (build 16299.192. Laptop has a AMD processor. It has updated itself - and keeps trying to install KB4056892. This goes all the way through, until there is a message to restart. Following a...
  8. Still haven't received KB4056892

Still haven't received KB4056892: I'm running Win10 1709 but KB4056892 has not yet been installed. My PC has been on more often than not over the past several days. I only run Windows Defender, and when I checked just now, the cadca5fe-87d3-4b96-b7fb-a231484277cc registry value was already there and set to 0....
  9. ASUS Z97-PRO AI Suite and AS Media USB3 Driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Z97-PRO AI Suite and AS Media USB3 Driver?: I have just purchased 2 Sabrent SATA III to USB 3.0 Cases for a SATA III HDD. This way I can keep backups offline for our desktop systems. Here is the issue, however. These Sabrent EC-DFFN docks support UASP. Great, but I do not see that enabled on my MoBo as I checked the...
  10. Asus AI Suite 3 1.01.73 uninstallation error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus AI Suite 3 1.01.73 uninstallation error: Hello! I'm trying to uninstall the Asus AI Suite III version 1 so I can install the new version 3. I went into Uninstall Programs and Features, clicked on AI Suite III, clicked Uninstall. AI Suite loads up and prompts me for what modules to uninstall. I click them all since I...
Tags: